Andy Says: 5 Reasons Why 'One Tree Hill' Needs A Ninth Season! Do You Agree?

Wed, April 27, 2011 7:04pm EDT by 19 Comments

The show hasn’t been picked up for the fall 2011 season yet. Do you think it deserves a last-minute renewal?

Many CW viewers breathed a sigh of relief April 26 when the network announced the renewal of five hit series — but the news wasn’t quite as hopeful for One Tree Hill fans, whose favorite show remains very much on the bubble. As a longtime fan myself, I have to say I’d be pretty bummed if these next three episodes also turn out to be the last. I’m not ready to say goodbye to the group of madcap southerners who taught me so much about life. And actually made me care about basketball.

1. The cast wants to do it.

It’s not every day you get actors wanting to stick with a series into its ninth year, which I think is a true testament to what a great show One Tree Hill is, and how much the cast enjoys working together. Sophia Bush, Bethany Joy Galeotti, Austin Nichols, Robert Buckley, Stephen Colletti and Lisa Goldstein have all signed on for a potential ninth season, with James Lafferty reportedly interested in returning at least part-time.

2. The fans deserve a ‘final season.’

Much like Smallville fans have been savoring every second of the show’s admitted “final season,” One Tree Hill fans deserve the same experience. There are a ton of story lines to wrap up, and unless the writers know ahead of time that the series is ending, there will be a ton of loose ends left… well, loose.

3. The characters’ stories aren’t finished!

The denizens of Tree Hill, N.C., have been through a lot over the past eight years. We’ve watched them long for their dreams, achieve their dreams, and ultimately… lose their dreams. Do we seriously want the series to end on such a low note? Let’s see Nathan’s back heal enough for him to shoot some hoops again. Let’s see Brooke regain her clothing empire (which it looks like she’s finally starting to.) Heck, I’m even interested in seeing Mouth (Lee Norris) get back in the newsroom!

4. Lucas & Peyton might actually come back… seriously this time!

While I’m sure the current regulars hate hearing about it, the fans really want to see Lucas (Chad Murray) and Peyton (Hilarie Burton) make one last trip to Tree Hill before the series ends. And Chad recently broke his silence about the possibility, tweeting: “Return to oth? I don’t know. Maybe next season for u guys.”

5. Do you really want Glee‘s Brittany to die so young?

One of my favorite lines ever spoken on Glee — not that there are many — was when sexually-confused cheerleader Brittany (Heather Morris) said she didn’t want to die “before One Tree Hill gets canceled.” Doesn’t she deserve at least a few more precious months on this earth?

Show your support for OTH by signing this petition for a ninth season!

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter

clyton

Posted at 5:50 AM on June 29, 2012

started watching the series in 2004 and i remember spending sleepless nights before going to boarding school so that i could finish a season and it was great….its been on of those series i always looked forward to watching……gonna keep rewatching.

mat

Posted at 5:42 PM on June 7, 2012

season 9 wasnt enough

paneri

Posted at 10:36 PM on May 2, 2012

My spouse darlings to inscribe and he affection leisurewear?He needs a measure while job so he was surprise if he can get funded accomplishment whatever he friendship. How can he get disbursed blogging or lettering round athletic?. Thanks,He darling and tell allocate around soccer or futball,and american matter..

Alexa

Posted at 8:22 PM on November 24, 2011

WHAT????!!!! Dont you dare cancel the show! There was so much action but you people probably just sucked the information out of people who watch it and dont bother to watch it on your own! There should be more seasons until they start turning OLD!! Or if you do watch it theres gotta be action every 2 Secs because you get distracted and dont pay attention to the show LIKE A DUH!

Danielle

Posted at 3:36 AM on May 3, 2011

I say cancel this show, it has been on too long. Even though i am a big fan of the show, i really only watched it for Brooke and Lucas and when they Broke up i watched it for Brooke. She got her happy ending and soon she will have it all. What more will they do with the characters. Now to me Nathan and Haley seem to boring and well just with the rest of it. I watch it because of Brooke but now i am getting even bored of that. These two last season i feel like they lost all the characters, who they where and who they are. I say if they really want a series finale they do one and for the next Tuesday they do a special two hour episode and bam we get the series finale we all wanted. and plus i Hate Peyton and Lucas so i could could care less if they come back.

C.K

Posted at 4:45 PM on May 2, 2011

I Agree this show has been so boring after season 4 I think they need to cancel this show after season 8 I can’t even be bothered to watch this show. Smallville is the best show and thats ending in a good way.

babz

Posted at 4:37 PM on May 2, 2011

PLEASE CANCEL THIS SHOW IS SO BORING NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH THIS ITS A GIRLS DRAMA NOW AND THE RATINGS ARE BELOW 1.5 MILL THE O.C SHOULD OF CONTINUED AND ONE TREE HILL SHOULD OF BEEN CANCELLED AFTER SEASON 5

Bridget McLaughlin

Posted at 12:55 AM on May 3, 2011

One Tree Hill deserves at least one final season if nothing at all – at least to give closure to all the characters storylines and not leave the fans wondering what really happened. The OC was so played out and totally unrealistic – I for one am pleased that it is no longer on the air as it was nowhere near as interesting as OTH! At least OTH has lots of fun moments in it and realistic drama whereas The OC tried to bring in intrigue but failed miserably and there was absolutely not one iota of fun anywhere in it from start to finish!!!!!

jackie

Posted at 8:40 PM on May 3, 2011

Why do you care if it is canceled? plenty of us like it. If you dont like the show, dont watch it. I mean you must like it a little if you are wasting your time reading articles about if it will survive and commenting

Anthony

Posted at 11:52 AM on April 29, 2011

COMPLETLY AGREE IF SMALLVILLE CAN GET 10 SEASONS SO CAN ONE TREE HILL
WE LOVE ONE TREE HILL CW WONT BE THE SAME WITHOUT IT !

Lynn

Posted at 1:19 PM on April 30, 2011

You’re right, it’ll be leagues better without it. 9 seasons is already pushing it, but 10? That’s REALLY pushing it.

Toby

Posted at 10:41 AM on April 28, 2011

YAY! I still love this Show! Go for the next Season.

Jamie

Posted at 8:49 AM on April 28, 2011

Oh god, end this trainwreck already.

amber

Posted at 12:31 AM on April 28, 2011

I really need payton and lucas back!!! And a lot more seasons to come..
My five reasons why?!?

1. I named my daughter after payton
2. Its about the only time me and my mother bond.
3. My heart is lost without my oth cast
4. When I watch oth I feel different like I know how they feel. And I’m a lot like some of the girls on oth
5. Lucas and payton are what made one tree hill so great I need them back!!!!

Rachel

Posted at 7:00 PM on July 27, 2011

It’s actually spelled Peyton… Awkward…

Hannah

Posted at 11:42 PM on April 27, 2011

i agree with all 5 reasons! im not ready for inspirational tree hill to leave my life- one last season PLEASE <3

Vanessa

Posted at 10:54 PM on April 27, 2011

I hope one tree hill get another season I watch one tree hill since the pilot and I would really be pissed off if the cw decision to cancelled the show I think it does say alot about the cast the writer that they would be willing to do a nine season and I think one tree hill needs a another season to end in on a good note and wrap up storylines for all the fans who invested eight years watching this Great show .

mariam

Posted at 10:39 PM on April 27, 2011

do not do something for this season James Lafferty entire full-time

rukia

Posted at 3:02 PM on May 9, 2011

I love OTH and I’d really like OTH to end on a high as OTH is starting to lose it’s spark. I loved season 7 but season 8 was not great if there is a season 9 then that must definitely be the final season. All that matters is Brooke is happy and so that’s happened she’s pregnant and she’s got Julian all the characters are in a good place so I think it would be the right time for OTH to come to a natural end. Hopefully with season 9 that special season and finale will be for the fans who invested their time with the great characters they’ve grown to love.