'Mob Wives' Drita D'avanzo: Should I Dump My Hubby Who's Doing Time? Exclusive!

Wed, April 27, 2011 1:04pm EDT by 11 Comments

Drita’s co-star Renee Graziano thinks a woman should stay by her man’s side no matter if he’s in jail or not — ‘Don’t kick a man while he is down!’ Do you agree?

Mob Wives star Drita D’avanzo has a tough personal question to deal with — should she stay with her husband Lee D’avanzo, who is currently incarcerated in federal prison for the second time since they got married?

“I’m at a crossroad with him — I don’t know what to do,” Drita tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

“When he says he wouldn’t do this again — he told me that the first time, too,” Drita says. “So how do I trust him? I don’t know.”

On the April 24 episode, fans watched as Drita and Lee got in a screaming match over the phone when he lied to her about when he would be coming home. He shouted horrible names at her which shows how emotionally abusive the relationship is to Drita.

“It is disgusting … horrendous,” Drita says. “I’m tough. I won’t take it to the heart because I know he is so frustrated and so miserable and hates what he did. It’s not an excuse to talk to me like that, but all he is doing is hurting himself at the end of the day.”

But this wasn’t always the situation with Lee and Drita. “When he was home, we were dating,” she remembers. “The reason I have an issue is I love him. He’s a good husband to me and a great father to our children.”

Still, Drita doesn’t know if she can trust him and she’s questioning if she should leave Lee for good. “I feel guilt,” she admits. “I don’t know what the right thing is to do. The second time [Lee went to jail] really made me bug out. I married him at 23, then he got locked up three weeks into the marriage. So what marriage did I have?”

While Drita questions if she should stay in the marriage, her co-star Renee Graziano thinks it’s a horrible idea for a woman to dump a man while he is behind bars. “I’m very loyal in the sense that if you make a commitment, you stick it out,” she tells us. “I do think it’s important for women to stick by their men regardless of prison or not. If a man is going through something, if you made that commitment, you stick it out.”

And even though Renee is divorced from her husband Junior, they didn’t split for good until years after he got out of jail. “Junior and I were separated before he went to jail, but [we] didn’t get divorced the whole time he was in jail,” she says. “I would never have served him while he was away. You don’t kick a man while he is down.”

BFFs — do you think Drita should stay with Lee? Share your thoughts with us!

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Mob Wives Stories:

1. Mob Wives Helped Drita’s Daughter Make Friends!
  2. Drita Takes Her Daughter To Visit Daddy Behind Bars!
  3. Renee’s Dad Won’t Speak To Her Because Of Mob Wives!

Robin

Posted at 1:49 PM on January 7, 2012

dump him. Who cares if he is in prison. And what did he have to do with her money? Hes not on the show and didnt contribute anything to to household. Hes a hasben loser and get him while hes down. I would serve him and take his kids from him. He is a worthless piece of crap…….
Find a REAL man who wants a family and isnt lying and cheating with some dumb gumba what a joke. Guess you want sloppy seconds Drita… Have more respect for yourself and move on. Who cares if he is the father of your 2 kids. What kind of man cheats and steals and goes to prison. what a loser.

Daniela

Posted at 2:37 AM on November 14, 2011

Drita, your a beautiful, strong woman, move on from that scum bag Lee. You deserve way better. And Karen; You’ve got a big mouth, your not trustworthy and should leave Drita and everyone else alone.
Love the show !!!

Mya

Posted at 3:57 PM on June 22, 2011

Drita should definitely wait for Lou to come home no matter how long it takes what happened to for better or worse. She knew what he did before she married him. She also is living off of what he provided for her and so what if she is alone a lot he can’t help it if he got caught and is in jail. He has the worst of it he’s been hind bars and she and her children are free and living well probably because of what he provided however that was she excepted it than and shouldn’t leave now. That other woman Carla is an ingrate she isn’t even a very good mom all she cares about is herself. I love the show and especially love Renee.

Tiffany Hill

Posted at 3:25 AM on June 20, 2011

I think Drita should move on without Lee just like Carla did. I find this odd, that he does not know when he is coming home. I have never heard that in my life, a prisoner who does not have any idea when he is coming home, what type of sentence did he get, an open ended one, whenever we decide to let you out, you are out. This is unheard of, he is probably lying again, what she could do is call the prison to get a tenative release date, there is one trust me. He will commit a crime again because that is what he does, he has done it twice, he will definitely do it again. Waiting on a man in prison for years is a joke.

Dianna Law

Posted at 5:14 AM on June 5, 2011

DRITA SHOULD STAY WITH LEE ITS CLEAR SHE STILL LOVES HIM,IF BY CHANCE HE GOES BACK TO PRISON FOR A THIRD TIME,THEN DRITA NEEDS TO REALLY CONSIDER MOVING ON THEY WILL ALWAYS HAVE SOME KIND OF REALATIONSHIP BECAUSE OF THERE CHILDREN THEY HAVE TOGETHER.

Fred Thompson

Posted at 1:54 AM on May 23, 2011

There’s a Driter on my peter get it off
There’s a Driter on my peter get it off
There’s a dozen on my cousin
You can hear his balz a buzzin
There’s a Driter on my peter get it off!

johnny be good

Posted at 11:15 AM on May 16, 2011

You should ditch him, and let me tap that instead!

stephanie esposito

Posted at 6:18 PM on May 4, 2011

i think you should come out of the closet

The Pimpin Rat

Posted at 11:34 PM on April 29, 2011

Leave him.

jerome herron

Posted at 5:03 AM on April 28, 2011

Drita your good looking woman and life is not slowing down. Man talks to his wife like that and been locked up the whole relationship. Too leave her raising his kids alone either has brass balls or is just that stupid. Everybody makes choices he is paying for his, should you still keep paying for yours. Call your dad it will help you. When i stop playing ball repairing relationship became my new job. Good luck!

Jill Kennedy

Posted at 1:13 AM on April 28, 2011

Are you kidding me with this freakin’ ‘Mob Wives’ – Ben Silverman was supposed to change the landscape of media – and this is what he comes up with?!