Emily Maynard Gives 'Bachelor' Brad Womack's Ring Back — It's Totally Over!

Wed, April 27, 2011 9:32am EDT by 8 Comments
Courtesy of ABC

Courtesy of ABC

The pressures of the spotlight and relocating are too much for Emily to handle — so she’s taken off Brad’s ring and handed it back!

Sadly enough, it’s definitely over for Bachelor Brad Womack and his former fiancee Emily Maynard. Emily has reportedly given back the $90,000 Neil Lane engagement ring that Brad proposed to her with during the March 14 finale of The Bachelor.

Emily wasn’t ready to say ,”I do” — and she couldn’t handle the pressure of having to relocate her 5-year-old daughter Ricki to Austin. “She wasn’t going to uproot her daughter, Ricki, when she was still unsure of the relationship,” a source tells OK! magazine. “It hasn’t been the fairy tale everyone thought.”

Emily had enough of the troubled romance — and being in the spotlight. “She doesn’t want to look back on all of this and think she did it just for fame,” explains another insider. “She just couldn’t pretend anymore.”

BFFs — do you think that Emily should have given back the ring or tried to make it work with Brad? Share your thoughts with us!

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Bachelor Stories:

1. Spotlight Was Too Much For Emily Maynard!
  2. Why Brad & Emily Broke Up!
  3. Emily Dumped Brad Over The Phone!

Josef

Posted at 5:03 AM on October 13, 2013

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the images on this blog loading?
I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.

Any feed-back would be greatly appreciated.

marty6

Posted at 10:54 AM on May 2, 2011

Emily is using her daughter as an excuse….. she is all about Emily….Brad can do better…..he put himself out there and she used him…

Becca

Posted at 10:58 PM on April 29, 2011

I think so many people were fooled by Emily. Besides her losing her boyfriend (not fiance) the rest of her story was a joke. She had been to racetracks, had dated race drivers and even hosted shows about racing. They played the whole poor Emily story. She was signed by a talent agency. She wants tv exposure. She never was in it for Brad.he coud never look him in the eye. All she ever said was you know. What a waste of a season. Chantal was such a great girl. Brad you were a fool. And Emily you were fake.

LittleMo

Posted at 2:08 PM on April 27, 2011

Emily said more than once that she wanted a guarantee that she wouldn’t be hurt again. There’s no nice way to say this but just who the hell does she think she is? None of us want to be hurt but life gives no guarantees to anyone for anything – love, length of life, etc. Nothing is promised to anyone and Emily had no more right to expect it than anyone else but that didn’t stop her. As for her feeling that Brad was “cheating” on his other dates, that’s what he was there for, too. He went through this before and, as much grief as that man got, I tip my hat to him for having the courage to say the last time that neither girl was the right one. Both of these shows have been on for how long now and everyone, including Chris Harrison, has said that no one had as big a fit over the dating process on the show as Emily. I know plenty of women who, at 25, can match intelligence with anyone of any age and I myself dated a man who was 37 when I was 18. If a drunk drive hasn’t killed him we would have been married 35 years so age isn’t the issue. Emily is as much of a child as her daughter.

judy

Posted at 12:19 PM on April 27, 2011

I partly agree with you Jennifer. If she wasn’t ready to get married or potentially move then I’m not sure why she went on the show. Plus she had a daughter when she went on the show and brad made it clear that he wouldn’t move. So, if she wasn’t willing to move she should have left the show and definitely not told his brothers she would. Oh well just my opinion.

Jennifer

Posted at 11:59 AM on April 27, 2011

I know that Brad and Emily won’t ever read this but I have a question for Emily why did you go on the show to FIND a soulmate and you did my freind Just like Jason and Molly said it’s hard for he was a very hated Bachelor and I still think he was wrong but it’s all good now for Melissa and for Jason both are happy. Now as for you two Brad may have temper who don’t you have one also and you are to dare prefect in my book. I think Rick need Brad for Emily lyed about guys not meeting her dauther if she been dating and talking to other guys Rick was up stair then so she full of it and she not right. She is a joke to so I feel Emily need to try to make it work with Brad I do feel is real or was this show a joke I not really happy about Ashely h show you can’t find the guys or her home page Mike Fleiss this show rating may not be good. Like Andy Baldwin and Tessa was good luck. I may watch I wish I could talk to Brad and Emily or maybe Dr Phil need to step in and help him.

Linda

Posted at 10:58 AM on April 27, 2011

Just a rehash of the article they did last week before Emily’s mother did the PEOPLE exclusive. Whatever.

anonymous

Posted at 10:48 AM on April 27, 2011

and how many times has OK! ever been a reliable source? I think I’ll stick w/ Susan (Maynard)’s statement.