Renee Graziano: My Father & I Don't Speak Because I Did 'Mob Wives'!

Mon, April 25, 2011 10:15pm EDT by 49 Comments

Renee’s dad tells her, ‘You made your bed. Now sleep in it’ — and cut off contact!

How do Cosa Nostra members feel about their daughters and wives participating in VH1’s new hit show, Mob Wives? For star Renee Graziano — the fact that she let a TV crew film her life didn’t settle too well with her father Anthony Graziano, onetime consigliere of the Bonanno crime family,  who’s behind bars at a federal penitentiary.

“He has no reaction because we don’t speak, not now, not after I made the decision to do the show,” Renee tells HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “He said to me, ‘You made your bed. Now sleep in it.’ My father doesn’t agree with anyone putting their life on [TV].”

For Renee, going on the show wasn’t about her father — or the fact that he didn’t approve of her choice.

“I think I needed to develop my own identity outside of my family life — out of the lifestyle,” Renee explains to us. “I was also pretty tired of people judging me upon a lifestyle — not realizing that I’m a woman, I’m a mom, I go through hardships. No sympathy — that’s not something that I want from anyone. It was my way of really planting my feet and making a change in my life.”

For the rest of Renee’s friends and family — “My family supports me,” says Renee. And, “more than three-quarters of the people are supporting me fully. For the most part, friends … they are very proud of me.”

“My father doesn’t agree with my decision,” adds Renee. But, “my father will always love me. He will always protect me. He’s my dad.”

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Mob Wives Stories:

1. ‘Mob Wives’ Recap: Renee Graziano’s Husband & Father Are Arrested
  2. Karen Gravano On Mob Wives To Clear Her Name!
  3. Drita D’avanzo Takes Kids To See Daddy In Prison!

work office

Posted at 8:09 PM on May 14, 2013

Hello my friend! I wish to say that this post is amazing, great written and include almost all vital infos.

I’d like to see extra posts like this .

how teeth whitening works

Posted at 1:37 PM on May 12, 2013

Hi there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new apple iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the superb work!

D

Posted at 6:44 PM on April 21, 2013

You better make up with him. He is your father. No matter what, do not forget that. He made you what you are todat. So suck it up and put your tail between your legs and talkto your dad. If he will not talk to you, you need to keep trying. Nobody is getting younger. Your mother must be heart broken. Talk to your dad as soon as you can!

bunny

Posted at 6:18 PM on September 2, 2012

I didn’t know what to think before I watched much of the show. I eventually realized that I like Renee. She seems to have a big heart and I like her dramatic side, she’s not afraid to just let her hair down and act out or up or have fun. She’s been hurt and it’s great she’s searching for what she wants now. I think that meditation and yoga would benefit her a lot. Hey Rene, if you read this do what I do for exercise it’s not hard—get a treadmill and put a TV somewhere in front of it so you can watch while walking. Do a half hour of the treadmill at least 5 days a week. And slowly get into some yoga for stretching before or after the treadmill. Nothing more complicated than that and you’ll start feeling better than you can guess. It will protect your health and reduce stress. You will fall in love with yoga…you will get a new “relationship” with your own body and it will help you feel “centered”.

Taneka Beshore

Posted at 9:48 PM on May 4, 2012

I not to mention my guys have already been digesting the nice thoughts found on your site while all of the sudden got a terrible feeling I never thanked the blog owner for those secrets. My men came absolutely excited to see all of them and already have certainly been taking advantage of those things. I appreciate you for genuinely very considerate and also for picking some tremendous subjects millions of individuals are really wanting to know about. My very own sincere regret for not expressing appreciation to you sooner.

Erv

Posted at 2:18 AM on March 28, 2012

All these ladies are some of the toughest women. I know cause they remind me of my mother when i was a young boy from Detroit in the 60’s and 70’s. i remember my mother breaking down after my father was busted. I remember seeing her toughing it out while he was in prison. I remember the only thing that got her thought it was her children and her girlfriends. Ladies hang on to each other and your children. Renee hang on sister let the strength of god and your heart help pull you through this.

laura

Posted at 4:20 PM on March 26, 2012

Renay. You have to be strong for you and your son. Don’t cry for a man ,there are better fish in the sea.

Olivia

Posted at 3:39 PM on March 26, 2012

So fake this show! Anyone else notice Renee had two different colors of nailpolish on while allegedly making repeated calls as soon as she read Jr’s letter???

ruth

Posted at 12:50 AM on March 29, 2012

I noticed it because when she first came downstairs to the kitchen and picked up the letter and the phone her nails were black and a few minutes later they were red!!! Makes you wonder do they think we are that stupid not to notice that!!

chris

Posted at 12:45 PM on April 16, 2012

i thought i was going senile. thanks :)

Annamay Gambino

Posted at 12:28 PM on March 26, 2012

These women need to take care of themselves and their families while the fathers, husbands, cousins, uncles, whatever are incarcerated. If doing Mob Wives allows that, more power to them. The old life is done. All things change.

john

Posted at 3:56 AM on March 26, 2012

how is renee a mob wife if if her man is puerto rican?

Mr Green

Posted at 11:57 AM on March 26, 2012

Exactly!That show is the phoniest crap,her father is a real good fella,she’s a mob daughter.Crap TV!

Curt

Posted at 9:51 PM on March 27, 2012

Uh, she is married to a mob guy, did you miss something

Tbrumley

Posted at 10:38 PM on April 24, 2012

Karen also should be called mob women or mob daughters. How about raising your kids to be in the mob.

joe

Posted at 1:19 AM on March 27, 2012

Mob doesnt just mean puerto rican its an institution to which you have to be accepted in. A snitch can come from the inside no matter what you are Italian, Greek, Irish, if your in the mob your in the mob.

Curt

Posted at 9:49 PM on March 27, 2012

What’s your point the mob is full people that are not white. it was only that way in the 50 years ago.

Tbrumley

Posted at 10:40 PM on April 24, 2012

They just can’t be made which means they take no oath which means they can not be trusted.

bunny

Posted at 6:21 PM on September 2, 2012

If I understand correctly, her ex had an important job in her father’s organization. I guess it didn’t bother her father if he was Puerto Rican. I didn’t know until now though, that her ex was not Italian.

Shery Shay

Posted at 1:26 AM on March 26, 2012

sedale, It’s Big ANG! and NO guys Renee is done with the RAT EX of hers. he went straight to Witness Protection. so now he has to look over his shoulder the rest of his life. if he wouldn’t have been screwing up he wouldn’t have to rat on an old man. i feel sorry for A.J. no father,worse yet now grandpa will probably be locked up for the rest of his life. cuz of his RAT DAD!