Demi Lovato Contemplated Suicide: She 'Wouldn't Care' If Destructive Behavior Left Her Dead. So Sad.

Sat, April 23, 2011 10:42am EDT by 11 Comments
Loading video...

In a shocking new interview, Demi shares the depth of her depression.

Demi Lovato is still opening up about her eating disorders and issues with depression, and her most recent admissions of suicidal thoughts break our heart!

Demi, 18, was so crippled by her destructive behavior that before treatment she was unconcerned about the effects of her self-mutilation, she said in a 20/20 interview.

“I don’t think that I was ever trying to kill myself,” she said. “But I knew that if I had ever gone too far that I wouldn’t care.”

This story just gets more and more tragic, but hopefully Demi’s recovery is still going strong and girls everywhere will be able to see there is light at the end of even the darkest tunnel.

– William Earl

Get More Demi News Here!

1. Watch Demi Lovato’s First Post-Treatment Interview Here!
  2. Demi Lost Respect For Joe Jonas! Find Out Why!
  3. Demi Reveals: I Was Bullied For Being Fat!

Melly

Posted at 9:31 PM on September 11, 2012

I try clicking to Watch the video but it won’t let me watch it :(

Alexis

Posted at 10:02 PM on July 6, 2012

I LOVE YOU DEMI! you are so worth it! I’ve gone through the same things and life truely does get better! I promise!!! (: <3

Gaby

Posted at 4:34 PM on September 6, 2011

Demi is a good person and she will NOT do samething like killing her self or things like that BECAUSE she is STRONG!!!! GO DEMI LOVATO

Nolle

Posted at 12:19 AM on July 17, 2011

Demi Lovato is a roll model. She had proved that you can be at your lowest point in life and you can get back up. Don’t judge her. She’s beautiful and learning from life. She’s an amazing girl. #1 demi fan :)

Rosie

Posted at 9:59 PM on July 13, 2011

Wow…. Isn’t she that one girl on Disney Channel…
shocking…you never know how someone is feeling…just because they appear happy on the outside doesnt mean thet arent dying on the inside…Im glad she is seeking help & telling her story…my prayers go out to her for her to have a peace of mind

wat

Posted at 10:47 PM on June 15, 2011

who is she? LOL like she isn’t a role model, she’s nothing in Hollywood like really, she doesn’t deserve so much attention aha

bubbles

Posted at 9:28 PM on September 23, 2011

u guys r all stupid if u think she stinks she is a friken great person but u wouldn’t know what nice is . go stand in the mirror and take a long look at ur self and ask the question i wonder who is part of demies almost suicidal . she is amazing people who hate her have no life at all!!!!! if she was my sister and i wish she was she would be one of my first prioritizes. so back of jerks and i mean it.

c

Posted at 3:03 PM on April 25, 2011

why is this girl a role model?

Mars

Posted at 11:26 AM on May 20, 2011

You are dumb.

Jocasta Oliveira

Posted at 9:16 AM on April 24, 2011

She went through many things and hard things, and yet she has the nobility to share it with people and to help prevent suffering as she suffered, I am very proud her, she is my girl BEAUTIFUL!
the interview was very touching,I am very happy everything because she’s happy!

estie

Posted at 2:08 PM on April 23, 2011

such strong girl… Can’t believe…!