Is Taylor Lautner Torn Between BFF Kristen Stewart And Girlfriend Lily Collins?

Fri, April 22, 2011 1:54pm EST by 78 Comments

Both Taylor Lautner’s best friend Kristen Stewart and girlfriend Lily Collins are starring in competing Snow White movies! But which one of his girls is he supporting?

Taylor Lautner is in a tough position. His close friend and Twilight costar Kristen Stewart and his girlfriend and Abduction costar Lily Collins are both starring as Snow White in two different movies. Taylor spoke to MTV News about where his allegiances lie.

“I’m lucky, because they’re completely different Snow Whites, so I feel like I don’t have to choose one,” Taylor said, smiling. “They’re completely different stories, and the Snow Whites themselves are totally different.” The actor did admit “it’s crazy” that both girls are cast as the same character.

Smart move, Taylor! This could have been a tough issue to deal with since Taylor has been good friends with Kristen since they first starred in Twilight together, but he also seems really happy with girlfriend Lily. Regardless, the girls get along and have even become friends themselves.

You guys weren’t as split as Taylor when you had to vote which girl makes a better Snow White. In fact, 78% of you think Kristen is a better fit.

Taylor is telling the truth about the two different versions of Snow White. As we told you after reading the script, Kristen’s Snow White and the Hunstmen is action-packed and features a badass lead role. Lily’s version is described by director Tarsem Singh as “It’s actually like if you looked at Gaudi’s architecture, based in England, done like a turn-of-the-century Russian film by an Indian guy.”

Lily is starring alongside Armie Hammer and Julia Roberts, while Kristen is cast with Charlize Theron. Kristen will start filming in the middle of September.

What would you do in Taylor’s position? Would you choose your best friend or significant other? Or both?

Lorena O’Neil

More Snow White News:

1. Vote on Lily vs Kristen!
  2. Kristen’s Snow White will start filming in the fall — more details!
  3. Read a recap of the Snow White script!

boring

Posted at 10:26 PM on February 28, 2014

jnjfnyhg

aquarius64

Posted at 7:32 PM on May 15, 2011

I thought I’d come back for an update: Priest tanked at the box office!It came in 4th place and didn’t make back !Darling Lil, your name was not worth a mention in the reviews, let alone your performance. If this doesn’t show she latched on to Lautner for publicity like a barnacle to the bottom of a boat, I don’t know what will.

Iscia

Posted at 6:47 AM on April 28, 2011

Lily collins can’t act, and her “so called” relationship with taylor lautner, will break as fast as it began.
I’ve heard a lot about that girl and obviously she’s not going to last with the bad behavior she had on the set of abduction,she’s just a little rich spoiled father’s little daughter…..Just wait and we’ll see!

Anonymous

Posted at 3:57 PM on April 27, 2011

I am finding this thread soooo interesting. Niky hasn’t replied back, but ANONYMOUS – you said you’ve heard a few stories down the grapevine. What have you heard?

ANONYMOUS

Posted at 5:58 PM on April 27, 2011

All I know is what Melinda and Niky have said has proven to be true unfortunatley. Lily was incredibly rude to various people on the set of Abduction, including John Singleton and some extras. I also heard that she was on set more than she was needed and stuck to Taylor like glue, flirting with him every chance she got. I heard his girlfriend came by to visit (as Melinda already stated) and once she left, Lily began to pursue him romantically.
This is a girl who is used to getting what she wants, whenever she wants and will do anything to succeed, whether it’s financially or personally motivated. Like I said before, she has a very clever PR team behind her. Nobody really knew who she was until they began to throw her Dad’s name about but that didn’t really make too much of a difference but now that she has filmed with one of the biggest teen stars today who has worldwide appeal and is ”dating him”, the curiousity and need to know more about her phase has really come about. Taylor, as I’m sure you know, is a very kind, gentle, friendly and caring individual who is, in my book, still too young and too soft which his team will take advantage of for now. If he’s asked to ”court” someone for publicity purposes, he’ll do it because it’s what’s required.
If you have a look around on other sites in the comments section you’ll find other people giving similar encounters with her during filming. :)

ANONYMOUS

Posted at 7:59 AM on April 27, 2011

Well I think it’s safe to say that with more than one person making these remarks about her that she aint the little sweetheart that everyone once thought. That’s a few too many in my opinion.
@Anonymous I believe the pictures you are referring to are those at the Teen Vogue Party in 2009, yes he didn’t look too chuffed to be there, nor did he look to comfortable with her at the Eclipse afterparty from the photos.
@Niky I’d be interested to know more about what went on on the set as I’ve heard a few things down the grapevine.
@anonymous Yes Abduction doesn’t come out until September but Priest is out in a few weeks time. All the speculation about her and Taylor began just weeks before she was cast in Snow White and before the Abduction trailer aired which is textbook PUBLICITY!
Whether they have fallen for one another or not in the process is another matter but knowing Taylor’s manner and old fashioned approach, I doubt he’d fall for someone like this unless he is told to by his PR team and Agency. Unfortunatley, this is how Hollywood often works, especially when it comes to the younger generation. Seeing Lily around with Taylor only bumps up her name and status, just as reminding everyone who her father is does.
I doubt we’ll see them out and about until the Summer when the next batch of Abduction stuff surfaces.

aquarius64

Posted at 6:33 AM on April 27, 2011

I went on the CNN Marquee Blog and I read about the dueling Snow White story. A poster named “Boring” laid into Collins about her snobbishness on the set of Abduction. No telling how many other sites she’s getting ripped. Now money can be impacted. For a movie to succeed the audience not only has to like the story but the characters AND the actors playing them. Lautner needs to nip this in the bud, NOW. As producer, as well as an actor, of this movie he has a vested interest in box office success. I give Summit this much; that company squashed negative behind the scenes stories with a quickness because it knew it could hurt opening weekend. Five months from premiere (9/23) is more than enough time to do some damage from Internet word of mouth. These “dates” are not exactly neutralizing the bad preception of her in some quarters.

Iscia

Posted at 3:33 PM on April 26, 2011

How do you know all those things about that lily?

niky

Posted at 3:18 PM on April 26, 2011

@Melinda/anonymous/all
After being on Abduction set, I agree with the remarks about Lily being snobby/difficult and read that she met him earlier on a photo shoot with the rest of the cast for the First Twilight movie (2008)at her home in The Hills.
She is very ambitious at gaining money,but acting is not her forte’. Her publicist continues to rely heavily on her dad’s name and her recent “honeymooning” with Mr.Lautner to gain popularity with studios. Not surprised to see her attached to the latest press-favorite & not surprised to see this “honeymooning” relationship as actors/actresses fall for each other frequently on the same set anyway. Sex is what it is..
If Mr. Lautner continues films, his focus will have to be on his acting skills and business-production company.

MiMi

Posted at 4:50 PM on April 26, 2011

Wow Niky you too?! This is horrible, is she really that bad? How was she to you on set? I don’t think they are sleeping together but agree with the rest!

Anonymous

Posted at 3:06 AM on April 27, 2011

I remember seeing pictures of the two of them at the Golden Globes or something – this was before they even began filming. And I would never have believed the two of them would end up together. Taylor looked frightened of her. Seriously. No chemistry at all.
I’d sure like to know what the hell she did to him? *giggle* I mean, besides that! LOL
I’m just shocked that if she’s so snobby and rude that Taylor would fall for her. Melinda insists it’s all publicity. I think they’re together. What do you say Niky?

aquarius64

Posted at 6:27 PM on April 25, 2011

I got one more salvo for La Collins: doesn’t Lautner have producer credit (or is the producer) for Abduction? She’s sleeping with the boss; what a classy girl.

anonymous

Posted at 3:09 PM on April 25, 2011

Well better her than t-swizzle. He dated a drama queen and we all know how it finished now he’s dating or not i don’t know lily collins is a better choice and who knows her after all i don’t think taylor is stupid and blind to see if she’s good or not.
Don’t forget that Swift marked him so he probably think twice before “trusting” another girl that won’t play with him like you know who did.May he’ll be happy that’s all we want right?

Anonymous

Posted at 2:22 PM on April 25, 2011

Aquarius – I just want to say in fairness, that aside from Melinda, I’ve never heard anyone say Lily is mean or rude. The guy that I talked to that met her at the Vancouver airport said she was very sweet, in fact. The Singleton comment I made was just an observation that I thought was odd at the time. The girls that I know who met her at the steak house in Vancouver also never said she was rude or mean to them. Only that Taylor was very attentive to her, she was wearing a ring, and that she declined to be in the picture with them all. (Which directly goes against a PR set-up).
Again, we can all only speculate whether they are dating or not. Myself, I believe they are. The movie doesn not come out until September – promo’s are only just starting now, and she’s been in the picture with Taylor since they filmed the movie last summer. PR could not make her follow Taylor around the globe and hang out while he was filming, for publicity. A few dates before the movie comes out would be publicity. In my opinion, this would be extremely overboard for publicity. But, I repeat, what the hell do I know? LOL

ethelwyn

Posted at 11:01 AM on April 25, 2011

It is really sad yes..Clearly that girl is not loved here, and i was asking myself why, but i have to admit that i start to agree with you all. I feel so sad for taylor lautner now, really it’s heartbreaking, to know all these bad things about her. He deserves so much better

MiMi

Posted at 9:33 AM on April 25, 2011

Aquarius, this is so sad! Really, I was routing for her but now that I’ve heard all these bad things and comments I’m not so sure anymore…such a shame! :( I too hope that it’s just a friend thing for publicity because I’d hate to see him get hurt again. I too have never heard anyone talk about her that’s workde with her, more than a coincedince I think. Heartbreaking when you realize that someone you liked turns out to be the opposite.

Iscia

Posted at 8:05 AM on April 25, 2011

Aquarius,you’re right! I’ve just seen Singleton’s interview, and obviously he really doesn’t care about that girl.
I’ve just watched “the blind side” movie, and i’m sorry for those who like her, SHE CAN’T ACT AT ALL…and in the trailer of abduction, she sucks….What is she going to do then in Snow White?….And i really hope that Taylor Lautner is going to open his eyes, always attract by mean girls, no luck, because in a way it’s true she’s just with him for the public eye, she dumped her boyfriend for him…….

aquarius64

Posted at 6:40 AM on April 25, 2011

@Anonymous (no all caps) – Interesting about the Singleton interview. It’s official – I can’t stand this girl. She’s the new Tameka Foster, Usher’s ex – wife. Tameka dumped a HUSBAND to get Usher and end up marrying him. Usher learned the hard way that was a mistake and divorced her 2 yrs later. I hope Lautner doesn’t fall into that trap. On this thread this is hardly anyone defending her, maybe one or two people. And doesn’t likability factor into box office success? If people don’t like someone in the movie it may not succeed. If this is not the biggest argument against showmances I don’t know what is.

Shagua

Posted at 2:10 AM on April 25, 2011

Someone would date that guy? O-O