Justin Bieber V. Rain — Who Is Your Favorite 'TIME' 100 Pop Star?

Thu, April 21, 2011 5:50pm EST by 117 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

The two biggest international music acts both landed on the esteemed list, but which pop phenom is your favorite?

The highly anticipated TIME 100 list has finally been released, and two of the youngest, and no doubt most talented, men on the list are both international pop stars — Justin Bieber and Rain! 17-year-old Justin has had quite a year, and it’s only April! He released his 3-D movie Never Say Never to major box office bucks, is in the middle of an international tour and went public with his much discussed relationship with Selena Gomez. We wonder what else he has in store for the year!

Rain, 28, has also had a crazy year. For the third year in a row Rain won the voter poll for the TIME list, beating out Lady Gaga and even President Obama! Rain also snagged an MTV Movie Award for his role in Ninja Assassin and remains one of the most beloved actors and singers in South Korea.

So HollywoodLifers, we want to know — who is your favorite TIME 100 pop star?
Get More Justin Bieber News Right Here!

1. Justin Bieber Has A Twitter Freakout!
  2. Justin Runs Over A Photog’s Foot!
  3. Justin Grabs His Crotch Again!

jennyfer nguyen

Posted at 5:27 AM on April 25, 2011

why are you know justin was plastic surgery???

babyrain2504

Posted at 5:24 AM on April 25, 2011

hollywoodlife is always using this photo of rain. in this photos, they’ve the same styles. haha :D

ELEONORA

Posted at 2:44 AM on April 25, 2011

fighting oppa!! Te apoyamos RAIN!!!

RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN
RAIN + RAIN + RAIN + RAIN

babyrain2504

Posted at 2:04 AM on April 25, 2011

That’s right, we shouldn’t be rude, Clouds. Please do bear in mind that a fan represents his/her idol. Whatever you say here reflects the entire cloud family and rain himself. Let’s just vote quietly like what we did in TIME, okay? Moreover, we wouldn’t want JB’s fans bashing Rain now, do we? Let’s respect each others’ preference and invite good vibes. Stay beautiful, people :)

Rain Saranghae

Posted at 12:44 PM on April 24, 2011

Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain Rain king pop Rain ♥king pop Rain ♥king pop Rain ♥king pop Rain ♥

poohbi

Posted at 8:27 AM on April 24, 2011

Maria Oferkina

Posted at 7:18 AM on April 24, 2011

Rain a good journey to you in America! I hope our U.S. Clouds support Rain!

jennyfer nguyen

Posted at 2:38 AM on April 24, 2011

and rain is a ator+ singer.he was take part in lots of film. how about justin bieber

jennyfer nguyen

Posted at 2:36 AM on April 24, 2011

but justin is only 17, Rain is 29.->rain is older than justin

Teffy

Posted at 11:00 PM on April 23, 2011

This is unfair, anyway most JB fans dosn’t pay atention to this… i just checked this site cause of kpop fiend told me, first of all shame on you, I f I were that guy “Rain”, omg! I might think “This is the kind of fans I have? this is what I deserve?” You’re really unrespectful, if you call yourselves ‘FANS’ Please respect other fans, don’t you?
For yo Rain is amazing so does Justin for us! So as truly fans, we deserve respect for our Artis too
I’m 13 but , guys…. please,, if you wanna vote for Rain, just do it!! But don’t be sooo mean with Justin..

Rain Rainy

Posted at 10:59 PM on April 23, 2011

Rain’s face is original,no plastic surgery…i wonder how JB looks like without plastic surgery :3

Rain Rainy

Posted at 10:56 PM on April 23, 2011

RAIN!!!!!!! <3 ;) He is awesome! He can beat Lady Gaga and President Obama! Go Rain!!!! ;)I will always support you! (:

ELizabeth17

Posted at 9:55 PM on April 23, 2011

IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+IT’S RAINING+

megan15

Posted at 9:52 PM on April 23, 2011

I’m so agree with michael, I don’t like justin plastic empty songs either. and girly face that was so funny and so true, this other Rain guy is damn beautiful and talented….I feel sorry for Justine
kisses for all Rain fans.

michael beimmon

Posted at 9:45 PM on April 23, 2011

Justin girly face “SUKS” I go for Rain I like his music and style

Texsstate_Millie19

Posted at 9:43 PM on April 23, 2011

Rain! 92.66%

Justin! 7.34%

RAIN no doubts !!! nobody can defeat this remarkable, gorgeous, hardworking man ever.I love U RAIN.

Juliana sharen

Posted at 9:36 PM on April 23, 2011

I voted Rain of course!!!!!! He is the BEST in the whole world.

RAINtimeNINE

Posted at 9:32 PM on April 23, 2011

Rain Rain Rain

Rain is always nice to his juniors, so I am sure he likes Justin too.

My favourite? Only RAIN

lore

Posted at 7:16 PM on April 23, 2011

rain @.@

Dana

Posted at 1:44 PM on April 23, 2011

Of course king pop Rain ♥

Of course king pop Rain ♥

Of course king pop Rain ♥

Hervil

Posted at 9:39 AM on April 23, 2011

I voted for Rain!

chanahpattinson

Posted at 7:55 AM on April 23, 2011

OMG, JUSTIN BIEBER CAME TO MY COUNTRY (INDONESIA) WITH SELENA GOMEZ YESTERDAY IN SOEKARNO HATTA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT,
FOR -MYWORLDTOUR- TODAY.

Myrain94

Posted at 6:59 AM on April 23, 2011

Rain Oppa n0.1!

I love Rain

Posted at 5:51 AM on April 23, 2011

Of course Rain without debut .. Why would I vote to the looser who named justin or justein or what ever I really don’t know him and I don’t care because I don’t like him .. Bi Rain is one who to vote for him , he’s such a hard working man really ~~~ No wonder why the most of people voted for Rain , I love soooooo much

---

Posted at 4:30 AM on April 23, 2011

Rain is Asia’s answer to Justin Timberlake, he’s only a year younger than JT. He was the biggest star in the 2000’s! And the Korean pop star BoA is the Asian equivalent to Britney Spears or Miley Cyrus. I don’t know WHY are the Korean celebrities dominate the Asian world. Korean celebs are so OVERRATED!!! Why not Chinese or Japanese