'Kate Plus 8' Recap: Kate Gosselin Sobs Uncontrollably In Front Of Her Kids After Jumping Off A Building!

Mon, April 18, 2011 11:00pm EDT by 20 Comments

Kate let’s us know she has a huge fear of heights but she manages to jump off a building with her two twin girls!

Kate Gosselin is one brave mama! The April 18 episode of Kate Plus 8 follows Kate and her Gosselettes on the New Zealand leg of their international adventure. But Kate and the kids stop off at Sky Tower, the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere, and they have to jump over the ledge!

Once Kate gets to the top of the building she begins to freak out. She cries and screams at the worker helping her — and at one point he tells her to go back inside. But after what seemed like one hour, Kate walked to the edge with her harness (sobbing) and jumped! Keep in mind, right before Kate jumped Mady AND Cara did it without shedding a tear. But a fear of heights is no laughing matter and Kate should be commended for being so brave.

After screaming the entire way down her fall, Kate lands in front of her waiting eight kiddies. But as soon as she lands on the target, she breaks down and curls up into a ball. All of her kids crowded around her saying “mommy it’s okay” and Kate just sits there crying and scaring her children.

Eventually they leave and head to a picnic but Kate is still very shaken up. The kids did get to go horseback riding, despite the relentless paparazzi nearby. Their favorite part seemed to be when they ventured into a cave and learned about glow worms. It was actually quite hilarious watching them stare in amazement.

This was the final episode of their Australian/New Zealand adventure and it was quite the feat they accomplished! Even though they missed school, it seems like it was well worth the trip.

Don’t forget to tune into TLC April 25 at 10pm ET to see Kate and the kids in the city of brotherly love — Philly!

— Chloe Melas

Lynn Rr

Posted at 1:00 PM on May 14, 2011

Let’s be logical here. Someone who is afraid of heights should not go up on a tall building, much less plan to jump off it. Kate is all into drama, the spotlight , and publicity. If she really cared about her kids she would never have put them through this distress. On the prior show in the crocodile farm, the one little boy was in tears after Mommy screamed and ran away from feeding the croc. I’m tired of her and her productions. I used to love to watch the kids grow and learn, but now all they do is stand in a polite line and watch Mommy be a star. TLC, pull the plug and let those great kids lead a normal life.

DEE

Posted at 2:37 PM on July 31, 2011

@Lynn Rr: you couldn’t have said it any better. I agree totally. Anyone that watches ANY show that she’s on is as sick as her.

Heather

Posted at 1:28 AM on August 16, 2011

I’m a little late to the game but I just have to throw in…why are you commenting on a blog post about her, if everyone that watches the show is as “sick as her”?? I don’t watch the show. I don’t know when it comes on. I saw something about her & the show coming to my town & through the powerful distraction of the world wide web, I ended up on this site. Reading these comments leaves me shaking my head…if everyone hates her and the show so much, why are you seeking out blog posts about her & the show?!?!? Just to post your hate. It’s ridiculous. I’m neither a fan or a hater, I just happened upon this mess. I personally don’t watch shows or celebs that irritate me, or I “hate”, and I sure as heck don’t seek out blogs/websites and post my hateful comments and opinions about how much I hate them. What a waste of time. Do you really think anyone cares that you hate Kate Gosselin? Is that stopping her from making all that money? Sure, it was announced today that her show isn’t being renewed, but I highly highly highly doubt that is due to your hateful comments on hollywoodlife/hollybaby blog. Jeez people…breathe a little…visit some blog posts about celebs you LIKE…it will make your life & outlook much more pleasant, I promise. Stop breeding all the hate, all the time.

art

Posted at 11:26 PM on May 7, 2011

Leave the woman alone.I live about two miles from her and she is a great mother.Stop trying to fine an excuse to down her.Im sure she is better than the people who are knocking her.Because she dont have the kids with her dont mean she is a bad mother.Instead of tryin to hurt people work for Jesus not the devel.You have no rights to knock someone you dont know and remember I know her.

Elizabeth

Posted at 9:30 PM on April 23, 2011

I thought this article was a parody and actually laughed out loud at the “Kate should be commended …” line.

But then I hit “relentless paps”. You know there was only one guy at the Kiwi exhibit who looked bored out his mind, right? Her own crew cameraman got into the big push fest. The scary paps (2?) for the horseback riding included her own cameras. The horse jerked competely on his/her own unrelated to paps.

I guess Kate worries that she won’t make as much money selling her kids’ images if a pap sells her kids’ images first.

And her cackling on the coach about how funny it all was to treat Brad horribly and how (cackle, cackle, cackle) she got his email address so that she can apologize (let’s take bets on whether or not this happened) proves how truly unaware and insensitive this woman is. And cruel.

Does she think the audience is saying, “Oh – how happy we are, Kate, that you can now look back and laugh at your disrespectful behavior and scaring the hell out of your kids. Ha, ha, ha! It was all someone else’s fault for everything so it is okay to be horrible to other people! Ha, ha!”

Who in the world, outside of Kate herself, TLC execs hoping to squeeze and few more bucks out the show, and people who write fan recaps like this, tell Kate that she is cute and funny?

Best line of the show: Cara, who loved the jump and didn’t seem to give a darn about Kate’s overdramatics on the mat, says, “Can we jump again?” That girl is going to get out of the house and be okay,

Jessica

Posted at 9:48 PM on May 2, 2011

I, too, thought this was satirical. I had to read the whole thing through a couple times to be convinced it wasn’t. Wow. Pathetic. Kate’s a monster and a nasty, nasty woman. I wanted to high five the worker who said she’d be back inside by now if she were a normal paying customer.

art

Posted at 11:52 PM on May 7, 2011

Jessica, Kate lives among the Amish people and they like her and so do I.If you believe everything you read your not too smart.People who write that trash works for the devel.Are you going to believe the trash you read or people who know her? I wish I was a younger guy she is a beaut.

Kate=donkey

Posted at 7:26 AM on April 20, 2011

Kate can diet, run a mile once a week, and have all the lipo she wants, but she is still a saggy assed, thunder thighed, cellulite ridden, stretchmarked, leathery, donkey-faced hag. Lord knows why she thinks she’s so hot; it’s just not in the cards for her. And the second she starts eating again, she will go back to being that woman with the huge legs and ass she was pre-lipo. She has the kreider family body, unfortunately. She’s fighting genetics and losing. And she needs a breath mint badly. The reason she always chews gum is that she has really bad breath. Loads of bacteria hanging out between her fake teeth. It’s said to be really gross. Not a fan, obviously

Jane

Posted at 7:25 AM on May 23, 2011

Why do you feel the need to be so nasty? When i read your comment i got a shiver down my back. Don’t watch the show if you don’t like it, you are so full of hate and jealousy it’s scary. You let yourself down my writing things like than, you sound nuts!

neveta

Posted at 7:42 PM on February 6, 2014

y are U so mean I love there show haters hate famous people kate,cara,mady,Leah,Collin,aaden,Joel,Hannah and Alexis are funny and nice people and u don’t like them u are a b****

eagle

Posted at 7:10 AM on April 20, 2011

Are you kidding? Brave? Hell, no. She was such an embarrassment to her kids, her ‘fear’ was unconvincing and over the top. Just an immature attempt to steal the spotlight from her kids. She cried and cried, yet no tears, no runny nose. She was vile to the man helping her and held up the line for other customers with her juvenile histrionics. Do not give this woman credit for anything positive here. The entire Sky Jump incident was shameful; she scared and embarrassed her kids, and demonstrated what a jackass she is. She can’t go away soon enough.

Sweets

Posted at 1:45 AM on April 20, 2011

What a pathetic excuse for a mom and a human being. She should have just let her two daughters enjoy the limelight of being brave and bold and doing that jump without bawling their eyes out and rolling into the fetal position. But no, she has to make a huge deal out of it and then sob uncontrollably in front of her children. She is just about the worst mother I’ve ever seen. Not only that, she has absolutely no manners. I could not believe how she spoke to the gentleman who was in charge of hooking her up. He was polite but firm, and I loved how he told her if she was a regular customer, she would have been back inside by now. Look how she went crying to her “bodyguard” aka substitute boyfriend. Ugh – the woman is just a waste of space. Love how even the huge amounts of botox can’t get rid of the deep furrows in her forehead.

Beth

Posted at 5:49 PM on April 19, 2011

Aren’t her twins just 10? Why would she let them jump off a building?

Maggie

Posted at 12:16 PM on April 19, 2011

God forbid she just focus on Mady and Cara and make them the center of attention for being brave. Nope! All about Kate!!

Sandy

Posted at 12:55 PM on April 21, 2011

It always has been all about Kate..She is really rude to people if they don’t agree with her..This is the second time she took the fun away from the kids…It should be about them not her..No wonder Jon left her.She so loves all the cameras and all the attention…Not a good mother.

HI 50

Posted at 10:57 AM on April 19, 2011

Ok, now that I had a good night’s rest, I can finish watching the clip. Too bad the clip of her sobbing uncontrollably is MIA. Now THAT would’ve been pure ENTERTAINMENT. AND everybody KNOWS she LIED. The SkyJump CONQUERED HER…she landed, curled into a ball, sobbing uncontrollably while the Gosselin 8 tried to comfort her. NARCISSISTIC MOMSTER!

HI 50

Posted at 2:14 AM on April 19, 2011

NOW EVERYBODY KNOWS WHY the kids have dramatic meltdowns & freak out! LOOK @ Momster Dearest’s example?! Weak, whimpering, can’t get over herself for the SAKE OF THE KIDS! Worst of ALL, the G8 were falling all over themselves trying to comfort Momster Dearest! Disgusting!

rachel s.

Posted at 4:23 PM on April 18, 2011

the whole show is about her whinging in whining about trying things that are “difficult” for her. Even her kids thinks she is the biggest baby who’s afraid of everything. Super pathetic.

Mike

Posted at 2:17 PM on April 18, 2011

Sorry—Mommy of the Year does not ABUSE her children—Emotionally-verbally-child labor and physical in the sense that she is not present in their life but a bunch of nannies and babysitters are their more than she…

What an extreme pathetic so called woman….At twelve years old-a male- i took care of 14 kids- without the help of anyone..And to see how she is with only 8…Its pure abuse..The kids are already acting out the abuse and non-existence of a True Mothers Individual Love..

sickofKate

Posted at 1:29 PM on April 18, 2011

I hope nobody watches this show and that will be the end of her. Her 15 minutes was up long ago and I can’t believe anyone still watches this.