Charice Tell Us She Plays A 'Brainiac' In Her New Movie, 'Here Comes The Boom!'

Mon, April 18, 2011 2:39pm EST by 17 Comments

Charice’s big-screen character, Malia, has a lot in common with her ‘Glee’ character, Sunshine!

If you’re a Gleek with a special place in your heart for Sunshine Corazon, you’ll definitely love Charice‘s upcoming movie, Here Comes The Boom. We already told you that the movie centers around a high school music teacher (Kevin James) who moonlights as an MMA fighter, but now we can offer up the first information about Charice’s character, Malia! “My character is a brainiac,” Charice told HollywoodLife.com on a conference call April 18. “She’s a musical genius. She plays piano, sings and everything. Sunshine Corazon can definitely relate to her.”

And it sounds like there will be more big-screen roles in Charice’s future, as she says she prefers acting in movies over acting on TV shows.

“I love doing movies,” Charice explained. “There’s more time for me to get to know the people. [Working on Here Comes The Boom] has been an amazing experience. It’s about that time, getting a chance to be with [my co-stars] more.”

Click here to obsess over Charice with Andy on Twitter

Larry Bright

Posted at 5:01 PM on September 8, 2011

It is my desire and my wish to get Charice here in Eugene, Oregon for a concert, and to film a music video. I have already started the process in making this happen. Wish me luck in my success.

Sincerely
A 59 year old fan

peakarach

Posted at 1:22 AM on May 5, 2011

I can’t wait to see it over and over again.

FRANCIS

Posted at 3:35 PM on April 27, 2011

charice’s performance,
feel the BLAST, LIVE (crisp HD video)

melay

Posted at 9:28 AM on April 19, 2011

im actually counting the months…exited for 2012.=)

myinkheart4

Posted at 3:09 AM on April 19, 2011

I also would prefer to see Charice in films than for her to focus only tv shows, films can give her wider exposure to further hone her talents. Just the same I’ll watch her in Glee and anywhere else she’ll come out. Charice just inspires me like no other artist. And now she has just exploded with four new releases in one day! Before It Explodes produced by Bruno Mars, One Day written by Nick Jonas, Waiting Outside the Lines Remix by Greyson Chance feat. Charice, and All By Myself from Glee! Awesome! Get them at iTunes!

Monkeydoggie

Posted at 2:39 AM on April 19, 2011

definitely! I’ll watch this one.. great movie

Monkeydoggie

Posted at 2:37 AM on April 19, 2011

definitely! I’ll watch this one..

LShadow

Posted at 10:21 PM on April 18, 2011

she’s amazing… love her :)

maya

Posted at 9:09 PM on April 18, 2011

definitely will watch it!!! 1yr. is a very long time to wait..abi is right!

Mike

Posted at 6:58 PM on April 18, 2011

She’s amazing!all out support with charice…

Tammy

Posted at 3:51 PM on April 18, 2011

FYI – Here is the correct synopsis for the film. Henry Winkler plays the music teacher.

In the comedy “Here Comes The Boom,” Kevin James stars as Scott Voss, a high school biology teacher, who moonlights as a mixed-martial arts fighter in an effort to raise money to save the school’s music program.

abi

Posted at 3:00 PM on April 18, 2011

next year is a long wait for the showing of the movie. want Malia ASAP!

persis

Posted at 3:00 PM on April 18, 2011

ANYTHING CHARICE I’LL BUY!!!

MDR

Posted at 2:59 PM on April 18, 2011

Luv the realtime/ quick action of HL! Fresh news right here, Arigato Andy. Charice one word for you #Superstar :)

Andy

Posted at 3:48 PM on April 18, 2011

:) Thanks

99.60%

Posted at 2:50 PM on April 18, 2011

HELL YEAH! charice is the star!

levi

Posted at 2:50 PM on April 18, 2011

i love to see charice on anything anywhere anyplace anytime iam a chaddicted