Justin Bieber: Chill Out, Paps Are Part Of The Game, Says Nick Carter! Exclusive!

Sat, April 16, 2011 12:15pm EDT by 34 Comments
Getty Images (2)
Getty Images (2)

Getty Images (2)

The Backstreet Boys singer has teen-star advice for Justin – don’t let all the attention get to you!

Nick Carter, who’s been in the limelight since the age of 13 just like Justin Bieber has a message for today’s teen idol — chill when it comes to the photogs who chronicle your every move!

“It’s a part of the game. It’s part of this industry and this life that you’ve chosen,” Nick explains to HollywoodLife.com exclusively. “You have to find some kind of relief and just chill out.”

Backstreet Boy Nick knows that that even young stars can eventually learn to just ignore the craziness of the bright lights. Now, he says, “I don’t pay attention to it. The paparazzi don’t bother me.”

Instead, Nick focuses on what lies ahead — the release of his second solo album. I’m Taking Off hits iTunes on May 24 and Nick’s super-excited to share it with his fans. Last week, the first single from the album, “Just One Kiss,” debuted.

“The song is a general song — a fictitious situation based on experience that we’ve all had,” Nick tells us. “It’s really about a person who is desperate in a relationship who wants to amend the things that they’ve done wrong.”

“I won’t lie, there probably has been times that I’ve been that person,” he continues. “So in order to sing and write that song, you have to have something to relate to.”

The song on the album that really hits home for Nick is “Addicted.” “That song is about being in a relationship and knowing that you are screwed,” he says. “You love that person and you’re addicted.”

“I’m in a relationship right now — two and half years,” Nick says. “For me, I found someone that surprises me every day.”

And for Nick, love beats out any other addiction: “I’ve had problems with drugs and alcohol in the past…I don’t think the drug of alcohol or any other substance on this planet can compare to the addiction of love.”

BFFs — Are you excited about I’m Taking Off?

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Justin Bieber Stories:

1. Bieber Hits The Showers!
  2. Justin’s Breakup!
  3. Justin Plays Basketball!

heidematias

Posted at 10:14 AM on June 15, 2011

justin bieber he’s a big head but nick carter he’s down to earth i hope to see you in person and visit my country in philippines love yah nick

Melodie

Posted at 10:50 AM on May 17, 2011

Justin Bieber may be famous now, but he will never compare to Nick Carter, not now, not ever. Nick Carter will always be the best 4ever! Congrats on all ur success. Cant wait for the new album!!!!!!! <3 ♥

Andreia

Posted at 12:07 PM on May 14, 2011

Nick congratulated by your words you deserve to be happy in your career and in your relationship!!!

Marina

Posted at 2:52 AM on April 27, 2011

Support you forever, Nick!!!!

angel

Posted at 7:26 AM on April 22, 2011

NICK,you are the BEST in the world, I REALLY LOVE YOU Justin never can be like U baby, love u alot,kisses for you, (ur fan from iran)

Angel

Posted at 7:17 AM on April 22, 2011

Nick,you are the BEST in the world AND I really love U,you are so hot and justin never can be like U baby. (ur fan from iran)

Cordi

Posted at 4:03 PM on April 21, 2011

Top Hotest albums of 2011 :
Nick Carter – I’m Talkin Off
Britney Spears – Femme Fatale
I got both on repeat !! xDDDDD
xoxoxoxo Nick Carter

nicole

Posted at 2:34 PM on April 21, 2011

u r the best man in the world.justin can’t be able to reach ur feet…NEVER…love ya nick,kisses 4 u honey…mwuuuuuhhh.(UR REAL FAN FROM IRAN)

heide

Posted at 1:04 AM on April 20, 2011

yes you greater than bieber eversince you in the backstreetboys love you nick from fans

Martha

Posted at 12:15 AM on April 20, 2011

Hey Nick! i love u, and i think u’re greater than Bieber, keep singing and working ! i love ur new album !
Don’t worry!kiss u !

Christina

Posted at 11:29 PM on April 19, 2011

With over eighteen years in the business and over 130+ million albums sold, I think Nick has good reason to give advice. His level of fame may not be at Justin’s level now, but once upon a time, he did. Hopefully, Justin can get to that level of success but does not have to face the insanity that Nick and his group has faced with paparazzi.

Stephanie

Posted at 8:21 AM on April 20, 2011

Well said! :)

Amanda

Posted at 7:18 PM on April 19, 2011

Nick Carter can’t possibly compare his exprience with a few “paps” from time to time to what Justin Bieber encounters on a daily basis.

The fact that he has a comment about it at all is comical.

Steph

Posted at 7:37 PM on April 19, 2011

Are you stupid? HE’S A BACKSTREET BOY! He’s had to deal with this for 18 years you idiot. Are you 12?
You’re ignorance is comical.
Justin is a freakin JOKE.

BsBddicted

Posted at 2:34 PM on February 29, 2012

Wow, you need to go out more often. Nick Carter’s been in the public eye for 18 years, compare that to a guy who can’t say baby without sounding like a little girl.
The fact that you had a lame comment about this is just, lame.

lesly

Posted at 6:19 PM on April 19, 2011

Hi Nick I congratulate you on your new CD and wish you success in this new project. I send you kisses.

Quinn

Posted at 4:17 PM on April 19, 2011

hi there i think that nick carter is a great singer and dancer and the bsb are also good singers and dancers.
i met nick carter when he was at much on demand at muchmusic one summer.
Nick keep up the singing.
Can’t wait till your new cd comes out.
I even touched nick carter’s hand when i saw him at much on demand one summer at muchmusic.

kat

Posted at 3:51 PM on April 19, 2011

Nick carter is an amazing person. His songs and the bsb songs have gotten me through alot of hard times im almost 25 and have loved both bsb and nick carter. Nick keep up the good work. Can’t wait for ur new album.

DC/NC

Posted at 3:46 PM on April 19, 2011

Suuuuuuuuuuuper excited for the new album xD I LOVE IT it’s awesome !! that’s really kind of you to give some of your precious time to other new singers and send’em some advice , after all you owned it all before them ! so you defiantly know what you’re talkin about !!;) you’re the best and we love you forever !! <3<3

Sheila

Posted at 2:28 PM on April 19, 2011

I’ve heard the album and it is absolutely amazing….its been out in Japan I think for a while now…

CC

Posted at 1:36 PM on April 19, 2011

We love u Nick ! Justin won´t be able to reach your feet.
And i´m so excited for the NKOTBSB tour !

Giulia

Posted at 1:32 PM on April 19, 2011

That´s right Nick !! We love ALL your songs !! I´m so excited to buy “I´m Taking Off ” ! Love u as solo as a band. BackStreet Boys 4ever !! KTBSPA !

Steph

Posted at 12:35 PM on April 19, 2011

Nick is amazing and 10x better than Bieber. Nick’s album I’m Taking Off is an excellent CD. Nick has been around for 18 years. I doubt Bieber will be able to accomplish that. Also us BSB fans are excited for the NKOTBSB tour! Haters have NO lives and need to STFU and do something with their lives. :)

DD

Posted at 11:58 AM on April 19, 2011

Wow Jane… how old are you 10?

jane

Posted at 12:55 PM on April 16, 2011

Yeah right Nick. You’d wish the paparazzi would follow your has-been ass. Nobody gives a damn about you or your shitty music anymore. Give up, nobody is going to be buying your album. Just find another career already.

Daiana Ocampo

Posted at 11:59 AM on April 19, 2011

shut up Jane! you don’t even know how many of us got the album already. and btw, what do YOU know about MUSIC?! as a producer I can say his new album is awesome! to all the haters: SORRY! as long as there’ll be music he’ll be coming back again ;)

Missy

Posted at 1:13 PM on April 19, 2011

You know if you don’t like the backstreet boys or nick Carter then why the heck are you saying anything now and Ive been a huge fan of both since I was 17 years old so just leave it be….

Keira

Posted at 3:23 PM on April 19, 2011

ok if you don’t like Nick Carter then don’t come on hear and talk about how you hate him this is for Nick Carter fans only

Amanda

Posted at 7:19 PM on April 19, 2011

Says who? Also, I think it’s obvious he is only throwing Justin Bieber’s name around for press time. The fact that he would compare himself or any of his experiences to that of Justin Bieber is hilarious.

DC/NC

Posted at 4:04 PM on April 21, 2011

actully honnie we Nick Carter’s fans do not talk this way
cuz we love Nick and he is our role modle and he ‘s the
best person alive , I bet you got your rude attudie by
listening to on of these new singers who have no manors
– I add not everybody are the same so I don’t mean every1

BsBddicted

Posted at 2:35 PM on February 29, 2012

Dude, you need a hobby.

jane

Posted at 12:55 PM on April 16, 2011

desiree lagura

Posted at 9:25 PM on April 19, 2011

i love u forever nick carter…mwuaaaaahhhh!!!:”)

МАРИШКА

Posted at 11:08 AM on May 4, 2011

если тибе, ненравится Ник то почму ты его слушаеш?