'Degrassi' Scoop: Eli & Clare's Relationship 'Is Going To Crash,' Says Munro Chambers

Fri, April 15, 2011 8:00am EDT by 23 Comments

Plus, watch an exclusive clip of Eli & Clare’s fight from tonight’s episode!

As Degrassi‘s angstiest super-couple, Eli (Munro Chambers) and Clare (Aislinn Paul) are no strangers to drama. But their relationship may be putting on its final act in the near future, Munro tells HollywoodLife.com, as the two continue to drift apart. “They’ve been having a lot of problems lately,” Munro points out. “Their relationship may end in a very detrimental way.”

But he’s also quick to remind us just how unpredictable “Eclare” can be.

“Or things may get even better [for Eli and Clare],” he says. “I don’t know if their relationship is going to crash in a good or bad way. It’s going to be really intense for them, and it’ll make next season very interesting.”

My money’s on “Eclare” crashing in a “bad way,” especially after watching this first-look clip of tonight’s episode, “Drop the World, Part 1.”

Loading video...

You could cut the tension between that couple with one of Ellie Nash’s razors. … Yikes, too soon?

Click here for more ‘Degrassi’ scoop from Andy on Twitter

New episodes of Degrassi air Fridays at 9 p.m. ET on TeenNick!

GET MORE ‘DEGRASSI’ SCOOP:

1. Sam Earle Says ‘We’re Very Close’ To Seeing Jenna Have Her Baby
  2. Annie Clark Reveals Things Get Awkward With Holly J — Plus The End Of Fiona & Adam?

mikaela

Posted at 12:42 PM on July 19, 2011

Clare promised she would stay with Eli and then broke his heart. I love Clare and Eli together when they were dating Eli was protecting her and clare over-reacted to much but as long as in season 11 they still have feelings for each other and soon get back together degrassi will be loved by a lot of people. So I really hope Eli and Clare will get back together. They are PERFECT for each other even though they are opposites.

Jenelle

Posted at 12:28 AM on April 27, 2011

I love Degrassi. My favorite person is Eli. I admire him more that I want to marry him. He is a roll model. He is so kind to Clare and if he dies I will be so upset and so will other Eli fan`s.

brianna

Posted at 3:25 PM on April 17, 2011

i love degrassi eli is my fav he is so cool
if eli dies i wal be devasted i love degrassi
but if eli dis degrassi is going to

los a lot of viewers ok

brianna

Posted at 2:58 PM on April 17, 2011

eli is so hot so you shod not kill him i men he is mi
favrat so dont kill him i no htar is soposto be
a car crash i jost love him so dont kill him

Catia

Posted at 9:58 AM on April 18, 2011

i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3

Elise DK

Posted at 7:13 PM on April 15, 2011

I don’t think Clare and Eli are a good couple. Sure Clare is pretty, smart, and trieng to help Eli out but I don’t
realy think that she really understands that promises are a big deal to Eli and I don’t think she realizes that Eli really truly means I love you (VS Clare’s I love you BF wise) Eli expects too much from Clare, and loves her a little too much but yet agian how he’s capable to show concern and respect towards Clare even though he’s had a rough past and dealing with his own problems which I think is pretty amazing so in conclusion I think Eclare should call it quits. I know its a crowd favorite but I just think they would be better as friends. Like comon, they didn’t even makeout makeout man!

lizzy

Posted at 6:15 PM on July 31, 2011

me to eli and clare belong together if u dissagree then there is going to be a problem

Alex Mason

Posted at 6:42 PM on April 15, 2011

Put an end to the Eclare madness. They’re a car crash waiting to happen. As for ‘Flare’, I don’t think its going to happen. Apperently that kid Jake next season has something for Clare. So ‘Cake’?

juilet

Posted at 10:11 PM on April 22, 2011

hell no

Ashley

Posted at 2:05 PM on April 15, 2011

If Claire and Eli break up, I’m going to be devastated!

Elise DK

Posted at 7:15 PM on April 15, 2011

DONT BE DEVISTATED D: What if they break up and in season elven Eli wins her back?! :D POSITIVE RAINBOWS!

em

Posted at 1:13 PM on April 15, 2011

Clare obviously belongs with Fitz<3

Andy

Posted at 5:29 PM on April 15, 2011

Girl, you crazy.

nicole

Posted at 12:47 PM on April 15, 2011

Omgomgomgomg!!! Elare don’t brake up I love u guys and if they do brake up is eli still going 2 be in it?? I need 2 know!!

erin

Posted at 2:45 PM on April 16, 2011

Yes he’ll still be on Degrassi…he doesn’t have to be with Clare to be on the show. He is his own character.

andrea

Posted at 12:46 PM on April 15, 2011

im in love with this show i love it so much friday is the day i wait for every week

Ayla sharee

Posted at 12:46 PM on April 15, 2011

I canNOT wait to see this… SADLY I HAVE TO RECORD IT BECAUSE MY SHOW IS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!! :’^(

andrea

Posted at 12:47 PM on April 15, 2011

me to im going too the fair

jennetta

Posted at 11:32 AM on April 15, 2011

Friday is a day to wait on i love degrassi im such a fan ive been watching since aubrey graham (Drake) been on it this show absolutely rocks

jennifer

Posted at 12:22 PM on April 15, 2011

ok, i get how everyone thinks eli and clare are the “best couple on degrassi” but people are wrong! if you think bout it eli is a hot emo boy, and clare is a girly and well… but i mean come on people look at them!!! I think they should break up for good.. (:

Elise DK

Posted at 7:20 PM on April 15, 2011

I think its just the fact that two people fell for the one that was out of their leauge that makes everyone happy…so yeah.
But I agree, they arent the BEST couple but not the WORST.
They desirve somthing better…(Looks at “Eli”) NO Eli not Imogen.

Satanlka

Posted at 2:36 PM on April 15, 2011

LOL you think you’ve been watching it a long time. I’ve been watching it since Mr. Simpson was still a student, and Emma Nelson’s mom was known as Spike with the giant hair. I know I just proved I’m old, but this show has always been great and I’m proud to say I still watch and will for as long as I can!

ashley

Posted at 11:23 AM on April 15, 2011

i love dis show watch it every day i mean every day