‘RHONY’ Preview: Sonja Morgan Thinks She’s The Star — Alex McCord Says No!

Thu, April 14, 2011 10:54am EDT by 18 Comments

The blondes are now on opposite sides! What does this mean for the ‘RHONY’ alliances?

So much for The Real Housewives of New York City Season 4 being a battle of the blondes v. the brunettes. The April 14 episode is going to change all of that when Sonja Morgan goes up against fellow blonde co-star Alex McCord. Sonja has been asked to speak at the marriage-equality walk and she thinks the day is her day. But Alex does not agree!

“Today is special because they asked me to be the grand marshal,” Sonja says. “And they told me Alex was marching. I said great.”

Sonja invites Countess LuAnn de Lesseps, Kelly Bensimon and Alex over to her house so that they can get ready together. After they are all put together, Sonja makes it a point to tell the girls how she feels about the day’s events.

“Guys — I invited you here today because I am speaking. I am the grand marshal — and I need your support,” she tells them. “It’s a big day for me. It’s really important.”

“We’re talking about me now,” Sonja interrupts the other girls as they respond. “We’re talking about me being nervous and my girlfriends being here to support me. I want to make sure that it comes off without a hitch.”

Well Alex tells the cameras that Sonja isn’t right. “Sonja kept talking about how we were all there to support her and that this was her day,” she says. “I kept thinking in the back of my head, ‘Well, it’s actually not your day. It’s a day to march for marriage equality. It’s a day that’s about the cause.'”

“It felt to me that she was kind of trying to take ownership of a day that was about a cause, not about a person,” Alex adds.

Be sure to tune into Bravo tonight to find out what happens between Alex and Sonja during an all new episode of The Real Housewives of New York City.

- Lindsey DiMattina

More Housewives Stories:

1. Bethenny Frankel’s Stripper Boobs!
  2. Ramona Singer: Jill Zarin Will Self Destruct!
  3. Jill Zarin Not Happy Ramona Singer More Popular!

Maggie

Posted at 12:00 PM on May 21, 2011

The scene in Sonja’s bedroom was too demented! Poor Alex, they all seemed to be in on it – witchie.

zaire

Posted at 1:45 PM on April 16, 2011

o please! everyone who is truthful can see that sonja was the bitch! she just wants to catch up with the popularity of the other girls!!! what she did was slighted Simon & Alex
and thst was trifling… and she knew it, that’s why she wouldn’t allow Alex to express herself.
It is so weird how “real housewives” cannot see that what they complain about in others is really what EVERYONE sees in them.
RHO
atlanta =nene
orange county = vicky
new york = jill, kelly (and now )sonja
AND SO ON…..

you can tell that the last few posts are from sonja,and/or jill themselves, because anyone normal person can see that sonja was in the wrong all the way around.

motto

Posted at 10:27 AM on April 15, 2011

Alex is horrible- I really cannot stand her and her gay husband for one second. I assume she’s reinvented herself to get more camera time and attention so I guess it’s working. She is an ugly person inside and out- she’s in the middle of fighting with Sonja and jumps on Jill the second she arrives? Didn’t she want Jill to attend- if not why did create a big issue @ the wedding?

me

Posted at 7:30 AM on April 15, 2011

Sonja is (very rapidly) going down the Jill Zarin road (ie; alienating viewers with her hatefulness). Anyone watching could see that Sonja was lying through her teeth. And how delusional can she be? She seriously thinks anyone would believe that anyone considers her to be a ‘gay icon’?? Seriously? Who even heard of her before she showed up on RHONY?

Last season Sonja seemed like a bit of a breath of fresh air, but in this one episode she showed herself to be the worst kind of arrogant ignoramus.

Calinda

Posted at 12:11 AM on April 22, 2011

I totally agree!

Mark Yothers

Posted at 2:30 AM on April 15, 2011

Oh my God…Sonja has flipped out…what an ego…but it looks like she is broke..she just filed for bankruptcy…the poor lady has no money…….looks like she may have to go get dinner at a soup kitchen…at least she can wear her fancy shoes with all the homeless people….

Alicia Herb

Posted at 12:28 AM on April 15, 2011

Sonya needs to take acting lessons. She has taken this show to a whole new level of Phony. I thought Kelly was a waste of time always acting like she forgot to take her meds, but Sonya is down right annoying, I so over these fake fights. Think I’m going to just watch Bethany.

RHviewer2011

Posted at 11:33 PM on April 14, 2011

Sonya was a total hypocrite on tonight’s show. She was acusing Alex of making it about her but I think she was looking in the mirror and speaking of herself. And then when she confronted Alex at her house, she was the one cutting Alex off and not allowing her to speak because she simply didn’t want to hear the truth. Alex didn’t attack Sonja, Sonja ttacked Alex. She was the one who brought the whole subject up and then only wanted to hear her own voice. Sonja was the one who was incredibly rude to Alex, and should be thoroughly ashamed of herself. I’ve never been a huge Alex or Simon fan but Sonja actually made me feel sorry for them tonight. First she screwed them at the march and then attacked Alex at the party. She owes BOTH Alex AND Simon an apology.

darlene

Posted at 12:08 AM on April 15, 2011

I totally agree with you. Sonya was a liar when she told Luann that Alex attacked her, she started the whole thing and she is so conceited also. I cant stand those stupid ribbons she wears and she needs to own up to her lies

Marilyn

Posted at 12:37 AM on April 15, 2011

Spot on! Sonja – a-hole. Luann – bigger a-hole. Jill – also an a-hole. Kelly – ? Ramona – ok. Team Alex.

Sonja – you are losing viewers this time baby.

kathleen

Posted at 10:28 AM on April 15, 2011

I see Jill’s handiwork all over the exclusion of Simon speaking at the gay marriage event! Jill wanted Alex off the show, but Bravo did not back down. Methinks she is behind the scenes trying to exclude Alex like she tried to exclude Bethany. That’s why she was so upset when Alex was at the wedding – she wants her phased out of the Jill Zarin club. She orchestrated off camera that Simon be removed as a speaker and shallow, self absorbed Sonja bought into it.

Beyoncca

Posted at 11:09 PM on April 15, 2011

Kathleen

It’s already been established that on prior seasons castmates conspire not to shoot with fellow castmates, including when Bethenny schemed to not be shot with Kelly.Same thing with Ramona not wanting to be shot with Alex and Simon. Bethenny also didn’t want to be shot with Alex and Simon. Bethenny went on to say that “Alex will crawl through a vent to get into a party”. Bethenny also said that “Alex and Simon will show up to an envelope opening just to be seen”. Clever Bethenny!

Jason

Posted at 10:59 PM on April 14, 2011

Uh, did you two actually see the episode. Sonja was my favorite but Alex was 100% right. Sonja was being narcissistic and acted as though the entire event was about her. She sickened me tonight and I really don’t know how she’ll win the gays over again.
I hate her now. When Kelly and Luaann are the voices of reason, then, you know something’s wrong. Sonja actually seemed like she was on drugs in tonight’s episode. She was so likeable last season, but she seemed like she was tweaking through the whole episode and everything Alex said about her being an idiot who wasn’t addressing marriage but gay pride in general was spot on. Sonja you make me sick!

Beyoncca

Posted at 10:28 PM on April 14, 2011

Alex is a media trash box. Alex has no voice on the show and tries to steal any attention she can; seeing that the Bravo franchise were so close to giving her the axe.
Alex is such a follower. Remember Bethenny did accuss Alex of crawling through the vent to get into a party.Bethenny also said Alex and Simon will show up to an ENVELOPE OPENING.lol

Barry

Posted at 12:30 AM on April 15, 2011

Alex is CRAZY! Why is it her main mission in life to call everyone out? Yes, Jill told a white lie, Sonja wanted to be the only one speaking .Oh well! Let it go psycho!!! Alex and her flaming husband should crawl back into the hole they came from. yucky!

Viewer2

Posted at 9:33 PM on April 15, 2011

Agreed.
Alex please SHUT THE EF UP!

MeLu

Posted at 4:07 PM on April 14, 2011

Well in a way Sonja was right… she was speaking and that moment was hers to make a wonderful speech on why marriage equality was important. If she ended up looking like a fool then the whole event would look bad. Why couldn’t Alex give Sonja a moment to glow in the fact she was asked to do something important? Jealous Mrs. I’m An Old Farty Model Now.

Beyoncca

Posted at 10:58 PM on April 15, 2011

MeLu

Judging from that street walkers dress Alex had on she should model for S&M merchants.