It’s been a decade since we last saw Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell) escape from the clutches of the evil Ghostface — so instead of picking up the phone, you should run to theaters and catch this terrifyingly great movie!
One rule about a sequel is to never mess with the original, and when it comes to the Scream franchise they have had their hits – Scream 2 — and their misses — Scream 3. So consider my return trip back to Woodsboro one that was met with conflicting and mixed emotions. Would it hold a candle to the previous sequels? Would it be a complete nightmare… in a bad way? Well let me be the first to say when I left the theater, I wanted to open my wallet and buy another ticket immediately!
In Scream 4 Sidney Prescott (Neve Campbell), now the author of a self-help book, returns home to Woodsboro on the last stop of her book tour. She reconnects with Sheriff Dewey (David Arquette) and Gale Weathers (Courteney Cox) — and unfortunately for her, Ghostface returns, putting the whole town of Woodsboro in danger.
You’ll remember this film for its campy gore and smartly written characters who will make you laugh and make you “scream.” Pun intended! What else could you really ask for?
Here are a few other reasons why Scream 4 was worth the wait:
* The opening sequence: Often a staple in Scream films, this opening actually delivers the most shocking and funny surprises in the entire films’ history! No spoilers here…but make sure you don’t walk in the theater late!
* David Arquette and Courteney Cox play a married couple on screen and they are so good at it that you only hope they rectify their real life marital issues. Seriously, they are perfect for each other on — and off — screen!
* The twists and turns are so rapid you will have no idea who the killer is. The film is a roller coaster of events that will have you on the edge of your seat for the entire film!
* Emma Roberts — who plays Jill, the cousin of Neve Campbell‘s character Sidney — puts on a fantastic performance that proves she is a great actress with plenty of range to spare!
* The landscape of horror films has changed again; plan to see a host of copy cat films after the success Scream 4 is sure to deliver! However, nobody will be able to do it like the master, Wes Craven!
Will you enjoy Scream 4? If you’re in any way interested in watching a good film with friends or a significant other this weekend, you should make your first stop the theater this weekend!
4 out of 5 Ghostfaces, for sure!