HollywoodLifers Predict: Scotty McCreery Will Win 'American Idol!'

Wed, April 13, 2011 7:50pm EDT by 69 Comments
Courtesy of Fox

Courtesy of Fox

With Pia Toscano no longer in the running, you told us your prediction of who will walk away with Idol glory. Do YOU think Scotty McCreery will take home the prize?

Last week fans of American Idol were stunned by the elimination of 22-year-old Pia Toscano. Many pegged her to go all the way, but after being booted from the Idol spotlight, HollywoodLifers have their eyes set on Scotty McCreery, 17, to win it all.

The southern cutie who has a the voice of a seasoned country star has become a fan favorite, especially among teen girls who have rushed the stage, let our ear piercing screams at the mere sight of him and has had more signs of support in the Idol audience than anyone can count.

Don’t believe us? Check out the results from our poll:

Scotty McCreery 22.71%
James Durbin 21.16%
Lauren Alaina 13.61%
Casey Abrams 11.5%
Stefano Langone 9.57%
Haley Reinhart 8.49%
Paul McDonald 6.85%
Jacob Lusk 6.1%

Although James, is a close second, it looks like Scotty’s mega-talent and southern charm has won over this Idol audience.

Do you agree with these poll results? Who do you think will win American Idol? Sound off in the comments!

Aimee Curran

rachel

Posted at 3:52 PM on April 21, 2011

james should not win

cindyb

Posted at 4:56 PM on April 18, 2011

James Durbin all the way! Lauren and Scotty is great. I hope they get the other votes in the top three!

kailash

Posted at 10:58 AM on April 18, 2011

I don’t think Scotty is the best performer owing hugely to his youth. But you have to recognize that he’s got a unique voice. I’ve been watching AI for many years now and I’ve yet to hear a voice like his among the contestants. He’ll do well in his genre. However, I admit that he’s really quite awkward on stage. Why can’t the judges point this out? He has to improve. I like him to win but I want him to deserve it and not because millions think he’s cute.

Bev

Posted at 9:52 AM on April 17, 2011

Dear Lord, I hope this is wrong. Come on James Durbin, you are the best and prove them wrong !!!!!! Adam Lambert and Crystal Bowersox , ROBBED !!! VOTE CRAZY AMERICA FOR JAMES DURBIN !

Carol

Posted at 12:40 PM on April 18, 2011

Love both of them and think they will be lst and 2nd but think James will win. He is phenominal and his star power and overcoming what he has overcome in life makes him a true idol. So many from this season will be so successful. Great idol show and great team. Love the judges.

amanda

Posted at 11:51 PM on April 16, 2011

JAMES DURBIN SHOULD WIN AMERICAN IDOL

Red

Posted at 3:12 PM on April 16, 2011

SCOTTY all the way!!!!!!! Scotty will win american idol. He has the talent and the looks to be #1!!!! Are you all idiots, he is the best and will stay the best. It is obvious that he has the best voice in the bunch.He stays with his kind of music and he does a wonderful job doing it! The boy knows how to sing!!!!!! As u can tell Scotty is always saved first every week and has the most votes!!!! I hope Scotty will win, he is a true American idol!!!! Keep voting for Scotty America!!!!!!!<3

fresh

Posted at 12:12 PM on April 18, 2011

WOW, do you truly believe that Scotty deserves to win because of his voice. Sure i wont lie he is okay but for you to have the nerve to say he has the best voice out of the whole group thats where your one hundred percent wrong. American Idol is for the next best singer and im sorry to tell you he is not the best there, they have kicked out so many better singers than him and that is not fair. It sickens me the way people will throw away true talent for looks that in my opinion are geeky anyway, and unless you havnt noticed the real reason he is winning is because all of garner is coming together to vote for him, they have voting propaganda all over the place and if you still like after reading this i respect your opinion but you can not say he is the best there, and this is coming from a professional

Tim

Posted at 1:04 PM on April 22, 2011

Obvious he has the best voice? That is seriously your opinion! I think he has talent but if you are not “into” the traditional country sound, to me at least, it is hard to get into his music and style. I like Lauren because she has potential to be more of a cross over artist like Carrie Underwood.

Chris B

Posted at 1:42 PM on April 16, 2011

Well, just to throw a spanner in the works, I want Casey to win. The boy is a brilliant performer/entertainer and besides James Durbin (or Slambert as he is known in our house – Straight Lambert), has the most all round talent. Sadly Scotty is my least favourite. A good voice but very limited and a performing style that leaves me thinking “serial killer”. Yuck.

CJ

Posted at 12:49 PM on April 16, 2011

Scotty is good but i don’t think he is a better performer than James. James has what we call the complete package. He can go from being a soft rock performer to a heavy metal performer with a whole lot of range. James is able to change things up and wow the crowd every single time he gets on that stage. Scotty can only sing country . He is good but in the end James always sounds better. James always gives 110% . Also James diplays an enormous about of energy which i believe makes a better performer. I hope James wins this, and if he does he will sure deserve it!!!

weesie

Posted at 6:50 AM on April 17, 2011

James Durbin is the best in my opinion because he is a versatile performer and is really passionate about his singing career. Also, he struggles with tourettes and aspergers syndrome and sings his very best! I hope he wins the title American Idol!

Joylee

Posted at 2:24 AM on April 16, 2011

Crazy…when Scotty is always safe. His performance of singing look like with hands…look very funny…voice normal…

CAM

Posted at 7:34 PM on April 14, 2011

I hope you are right about Scotty…I thought he was outstanding from the beginning…true to himself, easy to listen to, kind, sincere, and what a voice. He will only get better as he matures…I just hope he can stay on top…all the way to the end…That’s a difficult thing to do…Sootty fans need to stick together…PS: Does anyone else think some of the other singers are screaming? I can’t take it some nights!!!

gbtw

Posted at 3:04 PM on April 15, 2011

you can thank adam lambert for bring “the scream” en vogue. be thankful that at least these contestants don’t have that weird face and floppy tongue that adam gets when he screams… (sorry adam, kiss kiss).

jason

Posted at 7:07 PM on April 15, 2011

kiss kiss? ugh. I think I just threw up.

Ros

Posted at 2:55 PM on April 14, 2011

If Lauren Alaina wins, I will not be surprised but seems americans are hungry for a new young country singer. They got already young Claire Underwood, now it´s time for the young man to arrive. A win for Scotty McCreery is not surprising, after all this is “American Idol”.

Suzy

Posted at 2:42 PM on April 14, 2011

Next year get some judges that can do their job!! All 3 of them think everyone is beautiful, everyone is great NOT SO… come on give some constructive criticism you are not helping these kids improve. Get a backbone. You guys need some SIMONIZING. At least he was honest it may have been brutal but it’s what made them improve.

gbtw

Posted at 3:02 PM on April 15, 2011

they should have one judge sitting there that is not allowed to do anything but give constructive criticism! that way, negative stuff wouldn’t be seen as twisting the vote- cuz EVERYONE would be getting some sort of criticism. yah, they are a little too lovey this year- but i think part of it is that they really did pick a great group of kids. and also, maybe there is a lot more behind the scenes criticism and coaching from jimmy and will.i.am or whatnot. didn’t i read that somewhere? that they would be investing more this season in professionals/coaches off stage?

oldsklgal

Posted at 11:21 AM on April 14, 2011

Scotty will win American Idol. Not only does he have a true country voice, but what great charm and just an all around great performer. I cant wait to drop some money down for his cd’s and more money to see him in concert. For me True Country and true to himself personally and professionally. Scotty just does Scotty and does it extremely well. Like Randy says hes a huge fan; So am I!!!!!!

joana

Posted at 1:07 PM on April 14, 2011

joana

Posted at 10:34 AM on April 14, 2011

u people are nuts saying that scotty mccreery does not have a voice cause u crazy u think that casey is good ewwwwwwwww u have no taste at allll

Sharon

Posted at 9:07 AM on April 14, 2011

I am far beyond ready to see Scotty go home. He’s a one note wonder and has been highly over-rated from the start. He looks like an awkward eyebrow flapping pretzel when he sings. Definitely not the worst, but not the amazing talent he is being promotes to be. It’s the samekind of bumpkin fever that electd Bush 2.

Joy

Posted at 2:12 PM on April 14, 2011

You are an IDIOT. Scotty has more talent in his pinky that any of the other contestants. He is not a one night wonder. Scotty will go a long ways in the Country scene. Country is PURE, CARING, TOUGHTFUL AND TRUE TO THEIR FEELINGS. More than any of the other fields of music. Can’t wait to buy his CD’s and watch him win AI. Isn’t it funny how country music is DOMINATING the industry now???? I LOVE THAT, No other industry can state that now. GO COUNTRY AND GO SCOTTY.

Tim

Posted at 1:10 PM on April 22, 2011

There are a lot of people, including me, who think country is OK, but certainly is not their music of choice. If you think country is the best, great, but it is for sure a matter of opinion! Scotty is OK, but there a lot of country music male stars that are similar in style to him and I don’t see him being in any way unique other than that he is so young.

weesie

Posted at 6:53 AM on April 17, 2011

I’m ready for Scottie to go home! But, I think the top two will be James and Scottie!

Marty

Posted at 2:01 AM on April 14, 2011

is everybody hear deft? he is just a kid with a very limited voice for a very narrow genre: old style country. If he wins this should be rename american male country idol

Issey

Posted at 2:22 AM on April 15, 2011

I totally agree!

KAYJAY

Posted at 12:42 PM on April 15, 2011

I CANT AGREE MORE!!!!! ENOUGH ABOUT THIS HOWDY DOODY LOOKALIKE……LISTEN TO HIS SINGING, HIS RANGE IS LIMITED AND HE HAS A CREEPY WAY OF HOLDING THE MIC!!! AND THE WAY HE MOVES IS CREEPY TOO, YUCKK! BUT MIDDLE AMERICA WILL VOTE FOR HIM AND THE NEXT AMERICAN IDOL WILL BE A COCKY MAD MAGAZINE ICON LOOKALIKE!

gbtw

Posted at 2:56 PM on April 15, 2011

ouch! haha… i sort of agree with all comments, but in a much less hateful way! he is a cutie, a teenager, and has a lot of potential as a country singer… yes, he also is a little bit awkward, b/c he is a teen boy, let’s not forget (teen girls are less awkward)… don’t hate on scotty! i don’t think he should win, but the world will not end if he does! and don’t forget, “grandmas for scotty”… nobody wants to hate on grandmas’ choices.

weesie

Posted at 6:54 AM on April 17, 2011

I agree!

Lp560-4

Posted at 10:27 PM on April 13, 2011

Definitely Scotty, his voice is all natural and he stays true to his music. He has the most downloads on iTunes as well, I’ll bet anyone 20 bucks that he’ll take home the trophy.

Tim

Posted at 1:14 PM on April 22, 2011

He will likely win but if everyone had just one vote per week, I highly doubt he would win. He is fairly talented and has a good country voice if you are into the traditional country sound. I just don’t think he wins if the voting was legit on Idol.

Karen

Posted at 10:24 PM on April 13, 2011

My favorite is Scotty and I loved his song choice, “Cross my Heart”. Lauren and James did a great job tonight as well. I believe those are the top 3.

Flopy

Posted at 9:36 PM on April 13, 2011

i like Scotty, but i want that Lauren Alaina wins!! she has a better voice…♥verified alainer♥

Issey

Posted at 2:26 AM on April 15, 2011

Jacob Lusk has the better voice.

gbtw

Posted at 2:54 PM on April 15, 2011

i think lauren could go toe to toe with jacob on vocal ability alone. he by far outperforms her though, and is better at connecting to both the song and the audience. but, for vocals, i don’t think jacob is such a hands-down winner over lauren. her voice is also phenomenal.

Linda

Posted at 6:57 PM on April 13, 2011

I totally agree…..Scotty all the way here from los angeles, ca

JHarding

Posted at 10:20 PM on April 13, 2011

Scotty by far is the best singer in the pack. He is “Natural.” And that voice; that voice. Randy says, what don’t break, don’t fix.I do hope that Scotty understands that statement. He needs to be himself and does not let anyone influence him to sing what he doesn’t want to sing. Scotty rocks, all the time. Keep that voice man. You are talented. I love you. BIG UP—“AMERICAN IDOL 2011″

joana

Posted at 10:35 AM on April 14, 2011

i love u lol joking

Issey

Posted at 2:30 AM on April 15, 2011

No way! Jacob Lusk has natural talent. Gifted ! He sure win American Idol!

E Henry

Posted at 6:53 PM on April 13, 2011

If anyone out there who have any sense, knows Jacob Lusk has the best natural singing voice of all remaining contestant. This year lineup has more talent than ever before but seeing Tia leave last week make me wonder will true talent prevail over hormones..

Issey

Posted at 2:36 AM on April 15, 2011

So true… I totally agree with you! Jacob Lusk is so gifted. America needs to clean their ears and hear that natural gifted voice. I… like J Lo get chills when he sings. Go Jacob!

gbtw

Posted at 2:52 PM on April 15, 2011

jacob is phenomenal. he can come across as corny but only b/c he is a very emotional person and really feels the songs he sings. i like that they’ve tried to rain him in though b/c when he tries to hold back, and then lets it out at the end… it’s very moving. i hope his career is already a foregone conclusion, regardless of whatever happens on idol. i would buy his records, for sure. i don’t go to concerts, but i would go to his (if the right venue).

Jason Edge

Posted at 5:59 PM on April 13, 2011

Scotty McCreery is hands down the best singer amongst a group of really good singers. There is something really unique and special about all the remaining contestants but for me Scotty is the perfect blend… a great singer with a voice that really stands out from the others, and someone true to his style of singing. I believe that Scotty not only will win but should win, however, I can see a successful career for all of the contestants at this point regardless of when they get eliminated.

havaiisteve

Posted at 5:58 PM on April 13, 2011

I’ve always thought Scotty had the best chance from the begining. If anybody can beat him, it’s James Durbin. I love em both! They will have great careers and strong followings.

Kirstin Benson

Posted at 5:01 PM on April 13, 2011

I hear you, @gbtw. I was surprised Scotty was on the top of the list because I don’t think he’s the most talented of the bunch. However, he is my favorite, so I’d be stoked if he won!

gbtw

Posted at 4:58 PM on April 13, 2011

wow. jacob needs a pr agent, fo sho- cuz he should NOT be at the bottom of this list! (nor should scotty be at the top, though i like him and all…) i’m still cheering for james to make it far enough to change his life, but i like everyone up there.

Scotty fan

Posted at 5:30 PM on May 13, 2011

sorry bout that. my idiot brother typed that in and decided to curse out james. I want scotty to win, although james was definetly in there too. although my brother does have a good point. he DOES scream a bit much.