Why Did Tori Spelling Lie To Kathie Lee Gifford About Being Pregnant??

Tue, April 12, 2011 12:08pm EDT by 13 Comments

BauerGriffin.com; Courtesy of NBC

Tori announces she’s pregnant just a few days after telling Kathie Lee Gifford on the Today show that she and husband Dean McDermott “are not currently expecting.” So Tori, why did you lie to Kathie Lee??

Reality star couple Tori Spelling and Dean McDermott were in NYC last week and when they stopped by the Today show, we were so happy that Kathie Lee Gifford asked Tori if she was pregnant—hello, it was so obvious!! We were SHOCKED when Tori responded, “We hope one day, but we’re not currently expecting.” Then Tori tweeted yesterday, “I know there’s been a lot of speculation, so I wanted everyone to hear it from me…It’s official…Dean & I are PREGNANT!!!” OK, what is up with that??? Kathie talked about it on the show this morning, April 12, and said about Tori: “That little stink pie!”

We totally understand not wanting to tell people you’re pregnant until your first trimester is over, but how pregnant do you guys think Tori looks? 5 months, maybe? Tori is 37, so it could also be because she wanted to do an amnio before announcing it—so did she get an amnio yesterday?? Or did she just not want to give “the scoop” to Kathie Lee and the Today show? We all know that in Hollywood, stars like to control this kind of news with their publicists, and sometimes “sell” the story for lots of money!

Tori seems to have built a reality show empire out of being on TV with her family, so we know one thing for sure—she wasn’t lying out of a desire to be “private!”

Britt

Posted at 1:44 PM on April 22, 2011

Usually people wait for confirmation from a doctor or they wait until after the first three months because of the high risk of miscarrying in those months. Besides why can’t she announce it on her own terms rather than just have some media mogul do it on her own time?

Jessica

Posted at 12:49 PM on April 19, 2011

Congrats to tori and dean. I would like to say that kathie lee needs to worry about her self and her show. If tori said what the things that she said its oky its her life,and shes happy with it. So I think that kathie lee needs to start talking about her and her show to see if shell like people taking about herrrrrrrr…

Xtina

Posted at 12:29 PM on April 14, 2011

I cannot for the life of me understand why you are all so riled up. Tori is OBVIOUSLY pregnant, and her first trimester is clearly far, far behind her. So it’s a perfectly natural question to ask, and kinda weird that she didn’t announce it before. I also agree that if she doesn’t want her personal life talked about she should stay at home – without the cameras running 24/7.

Nadine

Posted at 3:13 AM on April 14, 2011

Tori should have asked Kathie Lee when she went through menopause. I mean, if it’s okay to probe people about their reproductive health in front of millions of people, why not put Kathie Lee on the spot as well? P.S. Kathie Lee, mind your own business!

debsa

Posted at 11:42 PM on April 13, 2011

Obviously, “Live with Kathie Lee & Hoda” wasn’t the planned announcement show…

Marcus

Posted at 3:42 PM on April 13, 2011

This is whats wrong with this country

People are so busy worrying about somebody else.

Bonnie there is nothing wrong with Tori wanting to share the news herself.

Paula

Posted at 10:25 AM on April 13, 2011

If she doesn’t want people asking if she’s pregnant, she could stay home and stop pimping out her family life. When she’s normally 90 lbs and isn’t looking anorexic, it a good bet she’s pregnant.

JENSPAL

Posted at 2:30 PM on April 12, 2011

Shame on Kathy Lee for asking such a personal question. Who does she think she is? Tori was there to promote her show and if she wanted to disclose her pregnancy, she would have done so. Maybe she was waiting to announce it to the rest of her family and friends first! Regardless, Kathy Lee had no right to put Tori in that position and I hope Tori learns some snappy come backs for rude interviewers like Kathy Lee. When are interviewers going to ‘get it’ that celebrities have a personal life that isn’t always up for discussion? Being a celebrity is a job and at the end of the day, they clock out, go home and live their lives. If they want to air their personal lives, they will. Think about it….you go to work every day, right? Would you want people demanding to know every detail of YOUR personal life outside of work? Kathy Lee was rude and owes Tori an apology. PS. Congrats Tori, Dean, Liam and Stella!!!

Mike

Posted at 2:27 PM on April 12, 2011

Congrats Tori and Dean…Announced with CLASS…Not for the loser gossipers to announce for you….tell those talk shows to get a real job and talk about real issues that affect the world not whos screwing who mindless crap…

Megan

Posted at 2:22 PM on April 12, 2011

I have to agree. I lost my first pregnancy in the first trimester and I know how over joyed I was with getting pregant again but I waited to tell even family until I was farther along because I couldn’t go through explaining again if I lost this one also. So I think that whatever they decide is up to them and Congrats to them.

Jackson

Posted at 2:10 PM on April 12, 2011

It’s NONE of our business. Seriously.

Carol

Posted at 1:35 PM on April 12, 2011

It’s up to the couple to etermine when and to whom they want to announce their pregnancy. 1 out every 5 pregnancies self terminates in the first trimester. Often people will wait unti they are safely in their foutth month. Again, it’s their decision to make, not Katthie Lee to expose.

rachel s.

Posted at 1:33 PM on April 12, 2011

I’m kinda surprised the whole pregnancy thing wasn’t brought up before the interview, like before taping. I thought they go over what can and cannot be asked. Tori was probably caught off guard. We all know how Kathie Lee is incapable of discretion. They have to clear things with their publicist first, like before big announcements.