Kim’s makeup artist spills on what products she uses to get Kim red carpet-ready!
Joyce Bonelli is Kim Kardashian‘s makeup artist (well, she actually works with the entire family!). She and Kim are great friends, and Joyce says of her famous client, “Kim is amazing, and so easy to work on for the obvious reason: she’s gorgeous!” We asked Joyce to tell us about some of her can’t-live-without products for working with Kim.
“Kim can definitely handle a lot of makeup,” Joyce says. “She’s gorgeous she definitely doesn’t need to wear as much as she likes to sometimes, but it’s fun and she feels glamorous when she does.”
Of course, Kim’s first stop in her skin-care regimen is Perfect Skin — her own signature line.
Products Joyce Uses on Kim:
- La Mer The Radiant Serum: “Serum is great to add to your skin routine. After Kim uses Perfect Skin, I then add a tiny bit of La Mer as a primer. Makeup glides on perfectly, and it actually helps perfect skin from makeup and weather.”
- Smashbox bronzer: “I often add bronzer on the forehead and where I contour. Not too much, but just from the ear and about an inch into the hollow of the cheek, just to blend and finish it off. I love Smashbox bronzer.”
- Aquaphor Ointment: Being on airplanes dries your skin out; Joyce uses Aquaphor under the eyes and to spot-treat dry areas or blemishes that are in the process of healing: “I think Aquaphor is the best-kept makeup artists’ secret.” Joyce actually puts Aquaphor all over her own face each night: “Kourtney makes fun of me for going crazy for Aquaphor, but I swear by it!” (Just remember that a little bit goes a long way!)
- Smashbox Brow Tech To Go: “Eyebrows are so important. On Kim I use Smashbox’s eyebrow styling pencil, and we fill it in. We keep her eyebrows groomed in the shape she likes, more round at the peak rather than pointed. So we fill it in a little bit to keep it round, then to finish off the end of the brow. This is the secret about doing eyebrows: I use pretty much a blonde color on everybody. You’re filling in the skin, and you want dimension.”
- Lancôme Hypnôseand L’Oréal Voluminous Mascaras: “It’s all about the eyes. We love Lancôme and L’Oréal mascaras. We always use the combination for big lashes.”
- Professional Makeup [like Ben Nye]: Ever wonder how Kim gets that gorgeous contour on her cheekbones? “To contour, the secret to doing it so it’s not in-your-face is to use a darker foundation. I use professional makeup concealer, which has a heavier consistency, and I apply it with a brush and blend it with a sponge. Then I set it with translucent powder.”
- Ardell Lashes: “A trick to do– and it’s really important to do this– is at the inside corners of the eye, cut the lash off in the direction of your own lashes, at an angle, to taper off the lash. That’s where people go wrong with false lashes.”
Joyce clearly knows her way around makeup, so we’re thrilled that she’ll be launching a brush and tool line soon. Follow her on Twitter and read her Tumblr for more information and for exclusive beauty tips!
Check back for more behind-the-scenes secrets from Joyce on HollywoodLife.com!
MORE ON THE KARDASHIANS!
- SHOULD YOU MEDDLE IN YOUR MAN’S FAMILY LIFE LIKE KHLOE?
- KIM ALREADY PLANNING WEDDING: ‘I’VE ENVISIONED THE WHOLE THING!’
- KARDASHIAN WARDROBE MALFUNCTIONS!