1-Year-Old Boy Accidentally Served Alcohol At Applebee's!

Mon, April 11, 2011 9:34am EDT by 1 Comment

Courtesy of FoxNews

The toddler was rushed to the hospital after he was given a margarita instead of apple juice! Whoa!

Dominic Dill-Reese, 15 months, started acting funny after drinking what his mother, Taylor, thought was apple juice during their lunch at Applebee’s in Madison Heights, Michigan on Friday, April 8. It turned out the cup was filled with margarita mix!

“He was saying hi and bye to the walls and then eventually lay his head on the table,” Taylor tells Fox News. “He dozed off a little bit and woke up and got real happy.”

Before leaving the restaurant, Taylor took a sip of Dominic’s juice and discovered that it was, in fact, alcoholic. “The manager came and he smelled it and he was like, ‘I am so sorry ma’am, I just don’t know what to do,'” Taylor explains. “Nobody at the table ordered alcoholic drinks so, he definitely shouldn’t have received one.” she adds.

Taylor took Dominic to the hospital, where doctors learned that his blood-alcohol level was .10, over the legal limit for adult drivers!

Police are currently investigating the incident and Applebee’s has issued a statement calling the mix-up “unacceptable.” They have offered to work alongside authorities and will conduct their own investigation.

–Leigh Blickley

Get More:

  1. Mom In Coma, Poisoned By Baby Who Died In Her Womb — Too Sad
  2. Obese Women Twice As Likely To Miscarry Or See Baby Die!
  3. Girl Born Without A Face — Update On 8-Year-Old Juliana Wetmore

Leave a Reply

To comment, please fill in the fields below, enter your comment and select the Comment button.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

View Comment

Trailblazing the Hills

Posted at 7:57 AM on April 12, 2011  

I’m shocked and now will always take a sip of our little ones drinks first when we eat out! Whom ever poured that drink knew it was in a child’s glass, so what happen? Maybe that server and bar help sneak drinks for themselves in kid cups and this time cups got mixed up? Why would ANYONE who worked as a server or bar help would EVER put alcohol in a kids cup?! So GLAD that perfect angel was not hurt in this craziness!! That Applebee’s needs a an overhaul of management and staff it sounds like. I live in Michigan and maybe could have used this Applebee’s in the future but now we will not. Thanks for the info!

 Reply
Share this comment at Share with Twitter

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 7,147 other followers