Taylor Swift: ‘I Don’t Feel Comfortable Taking My Clothes Off’

Mon, April 11, 2011 8:28pm EDT by 12 Comments

Good for you Taylor Swift! The singer talks about why she won’t be stripping down like many of her peers in Hollywood

Taylor Swift has always been a strong role model for girls. She stays out of trouble, practices what she preaches, and keeps an innocent persona while still admitting when she makes mistakes. Now, the singer speaks out about why you’ll never see her nude on the cover of a magazine.

“It’s just a life decision,” reveals Taylor to London’s Telegraph. ” I like wearing pretty dresses and I like trying out new styles but I don’t feel comfortable taking my clothes off.”

Is there a particular reason why she won’t get sexy in magazine shoots? “I wouldn’t wear tiny amounts of clothing in my real life so I don’t think it’s necessary to wear that stuff in photo-shoots,” she explains, adding that people don’t try to talk her into it anymore.

With so many celebrities in Hollywood stripping down and showing skin for magazine shoots, it’s refreshing to hear such a successful singer refrain from using her body to sell her career.

What do you think of Taylor’s decision and her explanation? Sound off below!

Lorena O’Neil

For more on Taylor

1. Click here to read about Taylor and Emma Stone’s dinner date!
  2. Click here to see who has a crush on Taylor
  3. Click here for more on Taylor’s rebound romance

Taylor Swift Fan

Posted at 12:48 AM on December 30, 2011

I love Taylor Swift! She is my role model, i strongly look up to her! And i am VERY happy to hear that she wont take off her clothes like most people nowadays (Miley Cyrus).
TAYLOR WE LOVE YOU AND YOUR CHOICES!
Love,
#1 Swift fan. 13

Bani-Chan

Posted at 2:07 PM on June 14, 2011

I’m really glad that she’s deciding to remain pure. What a perfect role model. :]

hgh

Posted at 9:33 PM on April 16, 2011

In a way i suppose it’ good that she has taken a decision never to strip in front of a camera….Many singers/actresses have gone nude to boost their careers….maybe that’s why she doesn’t want to be clubbed in that category….It’ll be disappointing for millions of her fans who would have loved to see her naked….

Leigh

Posted at 5:15 PM on April 12, 2011

God, I miss the days when Avril Lavigne used to say things like this.

Ros

Posted at 3:15 PM on April 12, 2011

She´s so sweet and seems so nice, but I want to be very honest here. There is nothing to show, she´s so skinny and very tall, there´s no more fantasy left. Although she has a pretty face and looks so innocent, but her qualities doesn´t fit to her resume at all. She´s one of the stars who I know, who´s writing love stories and thinking only boys since childhood. At that young age she supposed to be playing with other children like normal kids do.

Dave101

Posted at 9:51 PM on April 12, 2011

I don’t think it’s true that Taylor has nothing to show. Her boobs are pretty small, but I think she’s probably got a really nice butt and I’d love to see it. I’d love to see what kind of bush she’s got between those long legs of hers, too. Wonder if she’s a natural blonde.

kikay

Posted at 8:47 AM on April 12, 2011

oh yeah! tell that to those many many many men that bangs you against the wall and then dump your ass after,”dont want to take it off”youll take it off so fast our head will spin if you have something to show.

Ethelwyn

Posted at 6:44 AM on April 12, 2011

She’s definitely playing a role: good girls are appreciated..
Now, she doesn’t take her clothes off because she has nothing to show too!

shelsea

Posted at 6:30 AM on April 12, 2011

She is the best role model!!!

YEAH!!

Posted at 10:20 PM on April 11, 2011

Sure whatever! we all know that perfect little Taylor Swift can do NO WRONG, Really Taylor please shut up and hollywood life get real news please i mean seriously if i have to hear swift talk about her innocense one more time im gonna puke, DON’T GET ME WRONG ITS GOOD SHE DOESN’T WANT TO STRIP DOWN BUT DOES SHE HAVE TO SHOVE HER INNOCENSE DOWN OUR THROATS WITH EVERY INTERVIEW, TAYLOR stop focusing on that and start controlling your impulse to write songs about guys that break up with you, ya know kinda the only reason your famous

yeruy

Posted at 9:12 PM on April 11, 2011

My friends told me about ——- Lo ve Wealt hy* C0- M —- told It’s a h-ot place for u to meet wealthy, hot, successful sin-gles…You do not have to be a millionaire but you will meet one !!!!

Robert Oishi, M.D.

Posted at 9:40 PM on April 11, 2011

Well thats a shame but a good thing I guess.