Miley Cyrus Tweets About Her Song '7 Things' — Is She Still In Love With Nick Jonas?

Mon, April 11, 2011 4:45pm EDT by 5 Comments
Splashnews.com (2)

Splashnews.com (2)

This weekend Miley Cyrus talked about the song she reportedly wrote about her ex-boyfriend, Nick Jonas, on Twitter — fueling fan conversation she’s still hung up on him! What do YOU think?

Miley Cyrus sure knows how to stir up drama on Twitter! The 18-year-old Disney starlet has only recently returned to the Twitterverse, but she’s already got all of us reminiscing about her relationship with Nick Jonas.

On April 10, Miley tweeted to her friend and backup dancer, Jen Talarico, writing, “I always look at you during 7 things You’ve been with me thru it all Sometimes you grow out of a song but that one means the same.”

“7 Things” is a song Miley released in 2008 about hating (and ultimately, loving) an ex-boyfriend, who was widely reported to be Nick. Even though she bashes everything from the mystery boy’s friends to his insecurities, Miley ends the song on the sweetest note:

When we’re intertwined, everything’s alright
I wanna be with the one I know
And the 7th thing I like most that you do
You make me love you

Before you launch into a thousand reasons why I’m overreacting, hear me out. I know Miley’s happy with Liam Hemsworth right now and I’m not trying to cause any drama between them. However, Miley knows Nick follows her on Twitter. IF the song is actually about him (which, let’s face it, it is), why would she bring it up and say it still “means the same?”

Though Niley — as the couple was coined — broke up more than three years ago, everyone knows how much their two year-long relationship meant to them — especially Miley.

“Nick and I loved each other,” she said in 2008. “We still do, but we were in love with each other. For two years he was basically my 24/7. But it was really hard to keep it from people.”

Do YOU think Miley’s tweet yesterday was a shout out to Nick? Would you like to see them back together? Sound off below!

Sonny

Posted at 1:55 AM on April 14, 2011

Why don’t you just leave these guys alone?

I know that this is your job, Kirtin Benson, but do people really even care whether Miley tweeted something about Nick Jonas? Let them live.

HateNiley

Posted at 11:57 AM on April 12, 2011

Sorry I HATE NILEY:P
Liley all the way<3333

Chris

Posted at 9:34 AM on April 12, 2011

@Kirstin, you can read what you want into the Twitter comment–making a lie out of it as you people at HollywoodLife so often do–or you can simply read the comment for what it is obviously meant to mean: Jen Talarico appeared in the video of “7 Things” as one of the dancers. Miley says she always thinks of Jen when she sees “7 things.” She did not say she thinks of Nick Jonas when she sees “7 Things,” she says she thinks of Jen Talarico, because Jen is in the video, Nick is not. The song is obviously about Nick and Miley’s relationship, but the video, with people she knows and has worked with, obviously has memories and meanings beyond the song. That’s all easy to see when you read Ms. Cyrus’ Twitter comments. Any allusion to Nick Jonas is not and is simply a lie on your part. Miley Cyrus has said numerous times in the last few years that Nick Jonas is one of her closest friends and that she communicates with him via text and phone almost daily. She is obviously much more comfortable with him as a close friend than with him as a lover. There’s no reason to suspect that that friendship has changed any because Miley saw the “7 Things” video and was reminded of her close friend, Jen Talarico. Imagination is a wonderful thing, but when it leads you to publish lies on a consistent basis, you may want to reconsider what your imagination is doing to you and to your reputation as a journalist.

somebody

Posted at 6:50 AM on April 12, 2011

she loves him obviously and he loves her too I think the point is they cant make it work out but they always wish they could . that was just an old wish for miley and she has respect for her dreams … I kind of understand her … girls cant forget some of their love ….
seriously who can forget a sweet boy like nick?

Niley Jonas

Posted at 5:48 PM on April 11, 2011

Niley 4 ever
I love Niley
Niley 100%
Nick Jonas + Miley Cyrus=
Niley are my parents and olive them
it made me so happy to here this :)