Kirstin Asks: Is Kendra The New Kate Gosselin Or Bristol Palin On 'DWTS?'

Mon, April 11, 2011 10:28pm EST by 10 Comments

Kendra Wilkinson is struggling to stay in the competition on ‘Dancing with the Stars’ — but should we keep her around for entertainment value?

Compared to seasons past, I have to admit the Season 12 Dancing with the Stars cast is pretty coordinated. However, there IS a black sheep in the competition who’s just not pulling her weight and her name is Kendra Wilkinson. The reality starlet is consistently in the bottom of the score board and she’s starting to remind me an awful lot of Season 10’s Kate Gosselin and Season 11’s Bristol Palin. The only problem is she’s not nearly as entertaining as those two ladies — and that was the reason we kept them around!

To be fair, I don’t think Kendra is anywhere near as clunky of a dancer as Kate, or even Bristol. However, the personality we’ve loved so much on her reality shows is completely lost on ABC. Not only is she bland on stage, her interviews and packages are forgettable as well. Kate was eliminated fourth, but Bristol made it all the way to third place. Without a die-hard fan base, I don’t think Kendra will make it past this week’s eliminations — do you?

Here are my thoughts on the other dancers this week:

Romeo: Carrie Ann Inaba said Romeo’s paso doble showed off his swagger. I enjoyed it, but found it to drag a bit. 23/30

Sugar Ray Leondard: How could Sugar Ray Leonard’s NOT put a smile on your face? It was adorable. I loved watching him dance to the Sugar Plum Fairy’s song. If he doesn’t garner enough votes to get through another week, I’ll be shocked. 21/30

Petra Nimcova: WOW! Talk about improvement. I almost forgot Petra wasn’t a pro dancer while watching her passionate paso doble. She’s managed to get such good control of her limbs! She’s a new front-runner. Watch out, Kirstie! 23/30

Ralph Macchio: After two rough weeks, Ralph and Karina are back on the map after their lovely dance tonight. Although it wasn’t my favorite of the night, the judges LOVED it! 25/30

Hines Ward: Tonight was one pleasant surprise after another. Hines looked graceful and classy in his paso doble. He’s definitely safe for another week. (Although, I thought Carrie Ann was a little too nice giving him a 9/10!) 25/30

Chelsea Kane: Chelsea’s goal of the night was to land herself on the top of the leader board, and despite Len’s complaints, I thought she did just that with her Harry Potter-themed dance! I don’t think it’s fair to use Mark’s untraditional choreography against Chelsea, who is objectively one of the best dancers in the competition. 26/30

Chris Jericho: Hines’s paso doble to “In the Hall of the Mountain King” was lackluster for me. I would be fine seeing him go in the near future. 23/30

Kirstie Alley: After last week’s epic fall on the dance floor, I was really pulling for Kirstie — but then she hurt her hip and the situation got even worse. However, she pulled it together. “I don’t want a damn frickin grandma dance,” she said. How can you not love her awesome go get ‘em attitude? Then, during the dance, Kirstie’s shoe fell off! It was so random. The judges weren’t thrilled with her dance, and neither was I. That said, I want Kirstie around as long as possible. 22/30

Who do YOU think will get eliminated this week? Who’s your favorite at this point to take home the Mirror Ball trophy? Sound off below!

HTML to Wordpress

Posted at 2:21 AM on June 12, 2012

I’m really impressed together with your writing talents and also with the structure for your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you customize it your self? Anyway stay up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to peer a nice weblog like this one today..

Nino

Posted at 7:58 PM on April 12, 2011

Kendra’s attitude was disgusting last night. If she is not booted for that reason then I am going to loose my hope for America. Wonder who is going to vote for her after her street b-chy attitude.

Kendra we already know you don’t worth anything now pls be nice in front of mlns of people.

Dee

Posted at 4:24 PM on April 12, 2011

That is exactly what this site is everyone’s own opinion. I wish I could get paid to write my opinion, but then again I would not be as rude or ruthless as this chick is. Bristol Palin improved every week. This is what is wrong with this country. In the past 2 years it has become vile. Maybe that is what this president brought with him division and hatred, because in my lifetime I have never seen as much as there is going on now. If you guys cannot say something without being totally rude don’t bother it just makes all of you look like idiots and mean. I only feel pity for all of you!

Debbie

Posted at 9:34 PM on April 12, 2011

AMEN sister!
Republican children were brought up much differently.
Our parents took the time to raise us, I do not know what kind of a woman gives birth to such hateful human beings.
As for Obama, his Mom took off, Dad blew him off, Soro’s loves him though. Awwwwwwww so sweet.
Libs jealousy can make them very ugly inside and out, just read Libs comments on ANY blog. Pathetic actually.
I love the Palin’s, Bristol is a wonderful gal.
They so hoped she would fail, she soared.
Bummer for them……….
Hang in there Kirstie, like Bristol, you have guts gal, you two drive the Libs crazy! lol

Ms. Williams

Posted at 8:25 PM on April 13, 2011

How do you know the political affiliation of said “rude” people?

wren

Posted at 1:45 PM on April 12, 2011

It is not fact…it is an opinion on how well Kendra is doing or her comparison to Kate and Bristol. With that being said, my opinion is that the only person close to Kate and Bristol’s performances was Wendy Williams. Kendra may be a bit Tom boyish in her moves at times while stripper like in others…but at least she can move! Those other two were lucky if electric shock could have given them a rhythm. In addition those two women were as entertaining as being bored and watching bugs crawl across a wall.

danthedancingman

Posted at 1:22 PM on April 12, 2011

I was shocked at how crappy Kendra’s attitude was last night. If anything, that’s what will get her voted out.

Kerb

Posted at 11:19 PM on April 11, 2011

U should really get ur facts straight before u start posting things because Kendra is one of the better dancers in the competition and she has been toward the middle of the leader board and was at the top last week. She isn’t someone there keeping for entertainment purposes. She’s working hard and doing an amazing job

JIMMYG

Posted at 12:27 AM on April 12, 2011

I agree! She may not be the best but comparing her to Palin and Kate looks like someone is not really watching the show.

dwts2011

Posted at 1:24 PM on April 12, 2011

Wrong. Kirstin watches and/or attends the show every week. Just because her opinions are not the same as yours doesn’t mean her ‘facts aren’t straight’ or that she’s not ‘really watching the show’.