Breaking: 'Idol' Castoff Pia Toscano Just Got A Record Deal!

Sat, April 9, 2011 1:10pm EDT by 5 Comments

The singer says her shocking departure was her ‘time to go!’

Pia Toscano was one of the favorites on American Idol, so when she voted off on April 7, all of America was shocked. Yet the humble 22-year-old is taking the news with grace — and a new record contract!

“You can’t really say why I got voted off,” Pia told Us Weekly on April 8. “It could have been people maybe assumed I was safe, [or] maybe they didn’t. Maybe there was a lack of connection.”

Record executives apparently disagree, and Us Weekly is now reporting Pia will be releasing her debut album on Interscope Records, which is headed by Idol mentor Jimmy Iovine.

“Pia is being signed to a deal with Interscope Records who are rushing her into the studio to record an album ASAP,” a source tells the magazine. “Starting [Thursday] night after the show, Interscope told her they wanted her and first thing [Friday] morning Interscope brass started calling every top songwriter and producer in town to get an album together and rush release it.”

We can’t wait to hear more of Pia — we’re sure she’ll be a star!

– William Earl

Pia Toscano, Adam Lambert & 8 More Shocking Moments In ‘American Idol’ History!

Russ At ‘Idol:’ Pia Toscano Was Physically Helped Off Stage After Her Shocking Elimination!

dond forum

Posted at 3:07 PM on April 26, 2012

My brother recommended I might like this web site. He was totally right. This post truly made my day. You cann’t consider just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

Maggie

Posted at 1:42 AM on April 14, 2011

Doesn’t get her???? She sings ballads. She sings your typical karaoke songs…what else is there to get???

Wrong headline link. sorry writer.

Pia My Love

Posted at 12:42 AM on April 11, 2011

I guess this is the end of American Idol Season 10. No point in watching it further. Hmmmmm….

Beth

Posted at 10:28 AM on April 10, 2011

I don’t believe tha Pia has a contract. I’m sure all of the finalists, at least those who made the tour, have some clause that makes it impossible for them to sign/record now. In fact I wouldn’t be shocked if nobody was allowed to release a cd until the winner does. That’s usually how it happens.

Forrest Cook

Posted at 11:41 PM on April 9, 2011

I am a 61 year old mother, grandmother and great grandmother who ISN’T intimidated by beauty and talent. I will absolutely purchase Pia’s CD as soon as it’s released. She never should have been voted off American Idol but I am hoping this turns out to be a blessing in disquise for this beautiful young woman.