Meredith Vieira May Be Leaving The 'Today' Show This Fall

Tue, April 5, 2011 7:05pm EST by 10 Comments
Meredith Vieira May Be Leaving The 'Today' Show This Fall

The veteran host’s contract is up in September and it seems likely she may not renew.

Sad news for fans of TodayMeredith Vieira may be leaving the popular show. TVGuide.com reports, “Vieira has been in discussions with NBC News executives for several months about extending her deal, which is up in September. But the co-anchor is said to be weary of the demanding early morning hours and is ready to move on.”

Meredith joined Today in 2006 from The View, replacing longtime host Katie Couric who moved on to the CBS Evening News. Ironically, Katie is also expected to be leaving her current post later this year. It is expected that Meredith will be replaced by Ann Curry should she leave.

The article goes on to say, “When Vieira’s first three-year contract with NBC expired last year, she would only agree to a new one-year deal, worth about $11 million, as she did not want a long-term commitment to the morning grind.”

We will all certainly miss Meredith when she leaves Today — will you?

kayak angler

Posted at 4:07 PM on October 8, 2014

May I simply say what a relief to discover someone who
actually knows what they are talking about on the web. You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and make it important.
More people must read this and understand this side of the story.
It’s surprising you aren’t more popular since you most certainly have the gift.

Juana

Posted at 12:56 PM on April 7, 2013

Hi! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers?

I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on.
Any suggestions?

Work from home make money online and then get an income for life

Posted at 2:44 AM on July 6, 2012

I just like the helpful info you provide to your articles. I will bookmark your blog and test again right here frequently. I am moderately sure I will be informed many new stuff right right here! Best of luck for the following!

SEO for Wordpress Sites

Posted at 5:50 PM on June 22, 2012

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site thus i came to return the want?.I am trying to in finding issues to improve my web site!I guess its ok to make use of a few of your ideas!!

Guillermo Serrano

Posted at 10:28 AM on June 8, 2011

Sorry ,my comento will be in spanish, Quiero darle las grcias a la sra; Meredith por la labor que ha llevado en el transcurso de su carrera,me dio mucha pena verla partir y dejar sus companeros desamparado si su presencia pero asi es la vida. solo puedo decir que dios la bendiga el resto de su carrera y su vida,gracias msr Meredith por todos estos anos de entrevistas, muchas bendiciones y suerte, la extranare mucho, adios,garcias, Guillermo

Donna

Posted at 10:34 PM on April 29, 2011

I will Miss Meredith.She is warm and sincere. Ann is such a phony. I just don’t like her interviews.She is just thinking about her next question not the answer to the last.She is cold.I hope they find someone better for lead women on the show.She should go back to the news.

Carol

Posted at 12:20 PM on April 21, 2011

Although I do like her hosting Millionaire.

Carol

Posted at 12:19 PM on April 21, 2011

Good. Please leave. She is a terrible interviewer. Really she is.

brenda

Posted at 2:46 PM on April 7, 2011

I will miss Meredith, but Give Ann Curry her due rewards!!! She SHOULD HAVE been Katie’s replacement anyway!!!

Kathie

Posted at 10:33 AM on April 8, 2011

Meredith is part of the morning coffee. I will miss her and wish her luck whatever her choice is. I hope Matt Lauer never leaves, as he is also a part of my morning.
I love the Today Show!