Should Elena Turn Into A Vampire For Stefan? Nina Dobrev Says It's 'A Possibility!'

Mon, April 4, 2011 1:07pm EDT by 19 Comments

‘Vampire Diaries’ fans — do YOU think Elena should follow in Bella’s footsteps and change for her man? Vote now!

Dating outside your species is tough. Just ask human Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev), who’s been maintaining a relationship with her vampire boyfriend Stefan (Paul Wesley) — while simultaneously suppressing her REAL feelings for his brother, Damon (Ian Somerhalder) — for the past two seasons on The Vampire Diaries. So would Elena ever make things easier for herself by becoming a vampire? Nina tells Zap2it, “It’s always a possibility.”

Nina recognizes that fans are anxious to see “whether or not Elena will turn and become a vampire” and whether she’ll do it because of her relationship with Stefan. But she’s also quick to add, “There’s always the Damon thing,” giving us Delena shippers that little glimmer of hope we need to get ourselves out of bed in the morning.

Watch Zap2it’s interview with Nina below — then vote!

Click here to talk Vampire Diaries with Andy on Twitter

Jenna

Posted at 11:56 AM on February 5, 2012

Please please please become a vampire Elena!!!

TWiN FLAMES LOVE

Posted at 1:56 PM on January 23, 2012

Oh, and I just love the irony that Elena figuratively brings out Damon’s “humanity,” and in the end, she’s able to literally restore his humanity. Now THAT would be a story ender! Damon&Elena forever<3

TWiN FLAMES LOVE

Posted at 1:49 PM on January 23, 2012

I picked HECK TO THE NO!!! She should do it to be with DAMON!! But, I wish what could really happen is they could find some magical way(I think they did in the books,didn’t they??)to turn a vampire into a human, not like a cure for ALL vampires, but a one time, one vamp deal kind of thing, and Damon could turn into a human. I just think that would be the best thing ever,because he’s already said that he misses it more than anything in the world,and we already saw how SWEET he was as a human. He’s SO much better than Stefan..*sigh* AND if him and Elena could, you know…get married and have a hundred or so babies, that would be the cherry on top. Stefan can go stake himself :) Ok, so it’s definitely a long shot, but a girl can dream, right?? <3

katherina rose

Posted at 12:43 PM on December 27, 2011

i think elena should be with stefan in the show and not with damon simply because stefan has been controlled by claus to turn off his feelings he didnt do it free will i think he loves and care for her dearly but just need a lil push to trigger those feelings if you look carefully he cares alot for her safety and well being even if it tends to look like itz just because claus ordered him to make sure she doesnt dies it seems as if he purposely wants her t hate him while on the other hand damon is alwayz there for her so itz like she made this connection to damon but i think she should still be with stefan they look more romantic and besides that you can see in stefans eyes he loves her..and in that episode when the witch was feeing stefans inner thoughts when she said you love her,and care fr her alot and you will do anything for her and thats what you are doing right now

Kristi

Posted at 1:38 PM on December 12, 2011

I think Elana should become a vampire later on in the show. But not to be with Stefan, to be with Damon. I don’t think Stefan will ever be the same again. I think he’ll always have this dark side of him that can come out of no where at any moment. Damon seems to have more control over his urges than Stefan. Damon can atleast have a human blood diet daily, whereas if Stefan has more than a little he starts to go off the deep end and snaps. It seems that Damon’s love for Elana is enough to keep him from going to the dark side again.

HappyStar

Posted at 11:36 AM on April 12, 2011

I kno tht sum ppl want her not 2 change, But she is brave, she takes on vamps, challenges, adventures, stuff tht hardly any of us would do. She is 17-18, she needs 2 change sum time ppl! And even if she does becum a vamp, she wont turn into a bitch like katherine, she is a kind loving, beatyful, brave young lady. She has taken on lots of diffrent so I think she can take on being a vamp. The vote I have picked is: No! She should do it to be with Damon! witch, by the way, got: 68.28%! This is only my opinion. HappyStar

Zara

Posted at 9:28 AM on June 14, 2011

Completely agree!!! Couldn’t have said it any better myself.

emma

Posted at 12:02 PM on April 10, 2011

i think it would be very interesting to see damon and elena together like that one episode where katherine goes into stefans dreams and shows him what it would look like for elena and damon to be together……but then who would stefan be with??????

Zara

Posted at 9:29 AM on June 14, 2011

That would be so cool. Great idea.

emma

Posted at 11:58 AM on April 10, 2011

the whole thing is pretty complicated..if it was me i wouldnt know which one to chose. i freakin love Stefan but Damon is so tortured (very attractive)
either way i think she should become a vampire i mean who wouldnt want to be a freakin vampire and live forever with or without the Salvatore brothers. hopefully with!!@!!!

HappyStar

Posted at 11:43 AM on April 12, 2011

Hey, I’m HappyStar. I would luv 2 comment on ur post, so here is goes:

Hiyaaa! I kno, ur right, it is complicated. But if I was Elena, I would take on the challenge 2 be a vamp, Cuz, I think she is a brave enough person. I meen like, she has took on vamps, adventures, & Challenges. She gave her blood up 4 stephen, but made him 2 a blood sucking monster, she killed (with help by Damon&Stephen) the best/srongest vamp, she went into the tume with katherine, she saved stephen from hervain when he went in2 the well, & she also saved Damen when Bonnie was angry at him and she used her powers 2 set him on fire. :D

Mikayla

Posted at 1:03 PM on April 5, 2011

ELENA IS FINE DONT TURN HER INTO A VAMPIRE!!!

Mikayla

Posted at 1:03 PM on April 5, 2011

No She Shouldn’t Be A Vampire She Fine The Way She Is.. We Dont Need Another Kathrine!!!

MARILENA

Posted at 10:21 AM on April 5, 2011

No! She should do it to be with Damon! OF COURSE!

Ginger

Posted at 6:35 PM on April 4, 2011

Well, I know she is going to turn into a vampire because that’s in the book… so I am patiently waiting for that to happen!!!!!!!! Hurry, TVD!

Andy

Posted at 7:36 PM on April 4, 2011

You WANT it to happen? Nina Dobrev already has enough stress playing two people … now you want her to play two vampires? lol

Lolita

Posted at 5:33 PM on April 4, 2011

I think Elena should just dump Stefan and find a human guy.
I mean she’s only 17 for goodness sakes, she’ll meet other people in life.

lala

Posted at 2:50 PM on April 4, 2011

I’m in need of a delena fix stat! I kno she isn’t ready yet for that kind of chemistry BUT I kno it will b endgame. BTW lovin Carebear right now. Really hope they persue Tyler n her…lovin the idea of Klaus!

Andy

Posted at 7:36 PM on April 4, 2011

Love the ideas. And love the nickname for Caroline :)