Bonnie Says: Kate Gosselin You're Self Serving For Slamming Jon Gosselin On 'Today Show' For Not Seeing Kids!

Mon, April 4, 2011 10:34am EDT by 100 Comments

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Kate, you had the nerve to lash out at Jon saying he only sees the eight Gosselettes two weekends a month and that you and the kids wish it was more. But our sources tell us that YOU’RE the obstacle preventing him from seeing the kids more!

Kate Gosselin you were definitely spinning to get our sympathy again in your Today Show interview with Matt Lauer on April 4, but HollyBaby.com knows you aren’t being truthful! You told Matt that “I wish (Jon) would see them (the kids) more to be honest and so do they.”  You also admitted that it’s still hard for you to be in the same room as Jon.  And you complained that “I’m doing what I can to reach out and communicate but what I receive back is not in my control. I’m doing the best I can to involve him in our family’s lives.”

Kate — if Jon was watching, we know steam must be pouring out of his ears. That’s because sources have been telling us for months how much Jon would LOVE to see his eight Gosselettes much, much more but you won’t allow it! You won’t even tell him when you leave the kids with a babysitter for the weekend to party and film on your birthday in NYC . Jon would have happily taken the kids but you kept them away from him because it was YOUR custody weekend.  Let’s not forget how you left the children with a babysitter for several days when you went to Mexico to shoot a People magazine cover story and you NEVER told Jon you were away. He would have LOVED to see the kids then too. It’s like you want him to be seen as a deadbeat dad.

Listen, it’s understandable that you want to put your failed marriage behind you but it’s damaging to your eight children for you to speak so badly of their father every time you go on national TV. These TV clips will exist forever!

Loading video...

You talked on the Today Show about how the kids are adjusting to life after the divorce BUT every time you publicly diss Jon you are hurting your kids. He’s THEIR father and they love him. You are putting them in a very uncomfortable position . If they  talk about their dad at home, do you put them down along with Jon? In the meantime Jon is trying to rebuild his life too! He  has a stable job and even has an apartment near your home in Reading, Pa., specifically so that he can see the kids.  And remember, without his consent you wouldn’t be able to tote the kids all over the world to film Kate Plus 8.

Kate- if you’re trying to earn our sympathy with this “poor me” act it’s backfiring. You come across as self-serving and self-centered. We are glad to hear that  Collin and Alexis, the two little Gosselettes who were expelled from school, are doing better. “They are actually starting to integrate back (into school). There were actual medical issues that we dealt with … they are doing wonderfully at home and they are reading at the top level,” you told Matt.

Kate – when will you learn? You don’t have to bash Jon to get publicity for the latest episode of Kate Plus 8, which is … hmm … coincidentally on tonight on TLC  at 9 pm.

Kate Gosselin Wears 3-Inch Heels & Leaves Kids Behind On ‘Kate Plus 8?

Click To Read About Kate Out In NYC With Bodyguard

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

MSparkles

Posted at 4:23 PM on August 8, 2011

You actually lied about what she said. I am NOT a Kate fan but you misquoted her so how could I possibly believe anything else that came out of your mouth.

Karen Garner

Posted at 9:57 AM on April 18, 2011

Lets not downplay what Jon has done.. If you watch the early episodes the only time Jon did something w or for the kids is when Kate prompted him to..and he was very agressive w them and kate had to tell him to speak nicely w them several times and its ok that he was seen w other women when they were married and shes just supposed to forget all that right… so what about the kids seeing the videos and pics of their dad hooking up w other women.. If I were Kate I would be scared to have him alone w the kids…he’d prob just leave them w a sitter to go have fun w another 20 something…isn’t that what he did when Kate was out of town when he was cheating on her.. hmmmmm….

Shy

Posted at 8:57 AM on April 19, 2011

Uncle Jon did alot with the kids. Yes he was rough but he was also the risk taker when it came to them.

Susan

Posted at 9:58 AM on April 15, 2011

Starting to integrate in the near future? WTF? This woman is so full of crap. And what’s so good about a 7 year old reading at kindergarten level? My kids went to school when they were four, becasue at that time, the cutoff age for school was different. THEY COULD ALL READ BEFORE THEY WENT TO SCHOOL. She is using the divorce as an excuse for her kids being stupid. She needs to stop bashing Jon, because if you watched the show from the beginning, you know that Kate is the one who wanted the divorce and was horrible to Jon. And I’m sick of hearing about her dating. If she cares about her kids, she will concentrate on raising them, not herself. Teach your kids how to read instead of dating. to the person who said the judge knew what he was doing when he gave custody to Kate, you are so wrong!!!! Jon is the better parent, he always was, and he would have more time than Kate seems to have to raise those kids. He should have those kids and kate should be paying him child support to raise them. They would be better off in a normal life situation than with that mother they are with. She is a selfish narcissist.

cant believe it

Posted at 2:08 PM on April 15, 2011

@Susan, I cannot believe you called someones children stupid. That just makes you a dumb a##. Ok so you spent all the time you did teaching your children how to read good for you. She has 8 and not all of them have the same problems. I come from a large family and we are all different and being a mother you of all people should know all children are different. Look inside yourself and ask why did I call someones kids stupid I’ll answer it for you because you are an a##.smh @ you.

shy

Posted at 1:59 AM on April 10, 2011

you two have alot of nerve to talk about her like that! I watched your stupid bash video about my aunt and I didn’t see anything that would back anything up about Jon.
There wasn’t a video of him saying that Katie doesn’t let him see the kids. In fact she does call him, she wasn’t bashing him she was speaking the truth.
The information you two have is probably from the tabloids, and every one else who doesn’t like Kate just because she has the kids on tv. Well guess what? What about teen mom? Nobody’s going around bashing them. You two need to grow up and get a life and stop bashing people you know nothing about except for what the tabloids tell you.
Oh and FYI Ms. goody2shoes. Jon stole 2 mil from his and kates closed joint account. neither one can touch the childrens bank account.
@ Starr22 and Terri
Like I said neither Katie nor Jon can TOUCH THOSE KIDS ACCOUNT. You bash Katie because she’s on the show. But do you really know anything except for what the internet and the tabloids tell you. No you don’t.
Stop bashing her just because she’s on Televison she’s a devoted mom and ONLY does what is best for her children!

Starz22

Posted at 2:58 AM on April 12, 2011

Sorry Shy…kate is anything BUT a devoted parent.Kate only plays a mom on tv when she’s getting PAID for it.Tell me how the kids working is best for them?They are doing so well that 2 of the children were thrown out of school.How did kate handle that?Thats right….she forced them to WORK so they can earn the money kate uses to pay other people to raise them!mother of the year indeed!

Shy

Posted at 6:09 AM on April 12, 2011

Collin and Lexi weren’t expelled. Katie took them out because their emotional issues they are being homeschooled. And she doesn’t ‘force’ them to ‘work’. They aren’t working as you say it, they don’t have scripts they don’t rehearse. What you hear is from the tabloids. What about all of those other shows that have babies on there? I don’t see you trashing any of them.
Katie is a good mommy to her kids. All you see is what you see on TV. You don’t see what I see. I see my Wonderful Aunt and her eight beautiful kids, being trashed.
She only has one babysitter, and thats Ashly, yea she has a cook..but it only takes a few bites of Katies cooking to know WHY they have a cook, who by the way, get three days off and weekends holidays, and only works about three hours a day. The kids come home, do homework, go play, eat dinner. Oh yea, those kids have a horrible life.
Go find something else and someone else to trash. and get the facts next time.

Starz22

Posted at 3:57 AM on April 13, 2011

Sorry dear…the 2 tups were tossed out of school.Kate yelled at the tups after the fact for embarrasing her!How could they do this to HER is what she was qouted at the school saying.Yes the kids have scripts…they ARE told what to say and where to go.That was made very clear by someone who watched the kids being told just that during the last Halloween freak show.The kids are working…The kids are being forced to bring home the money.Without the kids working…kate would be no where.The kids have WORK permits! DUH…that means they are WORKING!You need to get your facts straight.

Shy

Posted at 10:19 AM on April 18, 2011

What ever just because you read the tabloids and what ever else you can get your hands on doesnt mean its right. I know the truth and Katie knows the truth. It’s you who makes her life like this. You think she’s a monster but shes not. You don’t know anything but what the tabloids tell you. All you see is the show. I see the woman who raised me. The same woman who put me through Catholic school, and who I adore. But yet you don’t know this because you don’t know her. But oh yes, just because she has a television show means she’s the worst mother in the world.

Linda

Posted at 8:19 PM on April 8, 2011

Why don’t they get this freaky woman off T.V. Get a real job.

sonia

Posted at 6:15 PM on April 9, 2011

Oh, in due time…Have a feeling this is going to be the last season. Why can’t they just keep the show at home? Is she too boring? I suppose its because she’s not really motherly towards the kids and loses her temper which turns off more viewers….I really don’t see the appeal of the show anymore…if I wanted to see someone on vacation 24/7 I’d watch the travel channel or discovery. Eight kids and a self proclaimed mom doesn’t seem too interesting…the meltdowns and tantrums are all show has left and even that’s not enough

Moses

Posted at 1:02 PM on April 8, 2011

It’s OK to spend thousands upon thousands for your appearance, surgeries, hair, face, teeth, etc. We really don’t care. We are amused that you fool and promote yourself as a caring, loving mom. I don’t bother to buy the products that sponsor you. And I feel sorry for your exposed children.

jason

Posted at 11:42 PM on April 7, 2011

Thank GOD HL is there to deliver the TRUTH of TRUTHS. My goodness, what would all of us dumb people do without Bonnie telling us what to think?

Jason says, Bonnie…you’re a stick-your-nose-other-peoples-business kind of a tabloid trash airhead.

Beth

Posted at 9:07 AM on April 8, 2011

You’re here reading. I guess that kind of makes you a “tabloid trash airhead” too.

Moses Hazelwood

Posted at 12:52 PM on April 8, 2011

You would love to be paid to comment on socialites. Not a bad way to make a living. Kate works hard to be in public where she can be adored and scrutinized.

Terri

Posted at 10:49 AM on April 7, 2011

how do either one of you know that kate didnt ask Jon to stay with the kids or invite him over. I didnt really hear any bashing at all during this interview. You are being extremely over critical of Kate because its obvious you dont like her. Which one of you is dating him?

BaaKateBlackSheepBaa

Posted at 4:34 PM on April 17, 2011

Kate invite Jon over? You’re being facetious right? Kate won’t even let the children’s father into the gate. You did see that video of all of the children crying not wanting to leave Jon to go back to the house they must reside in (for now) with Hate.

Josie

Posted at 12:03 PM on April 6, 2011

From the beginning, I have doubted the truth of almost everything that comes out of Kate G’s mouth. Having grown up in a divorced family where my mother took every possible opportunity to alienate and insult my father, I can tell you that it will backfire on Kate the same way it did on my mother. Her children will have recorded proof of her lies and manipulation of the media for her own benefit. I can’t imagine anyone watching the show anymore. It is so fake and boring to watch them take trip after trip. Making a living from exploiting your children can’t go on forever.

Irene

Posted at 11:43 PM on April 5, 2011

The public is catching on even the sharks are smart enough to stay away…

Time for her to get a media job on her own.

patricia

Posted at 9:49 PM on April 5, 2011

I don’t think it is a matter of any of this getting old. It is personal. This is a family of eight minor children. Their mother should not be financing their upbringing by making their lives public. My sister and I are also RNs; my sister also has eight children. She brought them up with little help from their absent father (absent after he fathered the last child). Believe me, this situation is only newsworthy because it is being promoted as such. The poor kids will be reading all of the negative commentary, including this email, when they are older.

NO WIRE HANGERS, EVER!!!

Posted at 6:47 PM on April 5, 2011

the witches at iw sure have their granny panties in a wad. quote from one, “i hope the haters do not post their filth on her twitter account.” what a bunch of losers. oh yes they are her sheep. baaah

Lobo

Posted at 5:09 PM on April 7, 2011

There are hardly ANY negative comments from non fans at all. But the fans are doing quite well bringing the hate to “kate”. They are arguing with people and sending them to “kate”, called JOn a Douchebag, sent that to “Kate”, Really great crazy stuff. I can’t believe some people are so naive they actually believe this woman who has 8 kids is tweeting 16 hours a day. LOL Or for any length of time. That is her PR or TLC. Certainly NOT Kate. Remember when Paris got arrested in LV? The exact time she got arrested, she tweeted “going to bed now!” Busted so busted. LOL

Moses Hazelwood

Posted at 12:49 PM on April 8, 2011

From Kate’s comments about Jon, and the father of her children, would you call her a “hater”?

starz22

Posted at 5:27 PM on April 5, 2011

Kate needs to trash Jon so she can get people to feel sorry for her.Kate will keep throwing her pity party as long as people listen to her.Most of the world is on to her now.She is NOT a single mom doing it all on her own.Kate is only with the kids when she is being PAID to be with them.Other than being with Jon…the kids are being raised by nannys.kate only PLAYS a mom on tv.When shes not being paid she’s as far away as she can be!

Terri

Posted at 10:52 AM on April 7, 2011

And you know this how? Im sure kate has so much money that she sits around her pool all day while the servants clean the home and the nannies take care of watching the kids.Get real people!

shy

Posted at 2:04 AM on April 10, 2011

She doesn’t and I do apologize for blowing up at you. I get very angry reading these. I do need to stop reading these, sometimes I just can’t help it and I find myself clicking on these things. I’m just sticking up for my aunt.

MsGoody2Shoes

Posted at 4:46 AM on April 9, 2011

Don’t get it twisted, Jon trashes Kate all the time. When Kate tells the truth about Jon, you folks call it trashing Jon?

sonia

Posted at 6:02 PM on April 9, 2011

When has she really not trashed him? It’s never stoped while together or apart. I beg to differ he has not done any bashing since court (custody,divorce). He’s moved on, found real love and someone who treats him like a grown-up and not belittle him. He truly enjoys his kids, I never see the kids crying for Kate when its his time with them…Kate is a paid mom, not a real mom. As for Jon he’s always been there for the kids. He has nothing to prove to the media or the world

Jeff

Posted at 2:14 PM on April 5, 2011

This is just one example as part of the nationwide – or shall I say western world wide – problem. Where custody is automatically given to the woman parent, and “visits” are “allowed” for the man. It’s ridiculous. They are both their parents, it should be equal joint custody. That means alternating weeks, fortnights or months with mum and dad. On special days they take it in turns every year.

gwen

Posted at 5:12 PM on April 5, 2011

they do have joint custody…. they share physical custody of the kids.

Jeff

Posted at 7:46 PM on April 5, 2011

She’s not really sticking to the deal then, is she.

MsGoody2Shoes

Posted at 5:04 AM on April 9, 2011

No, Jon and Kate DO NOT share in the joint custody of their kids. Kate has PRIMARY custody. Kate makes all decisions regarding the children. Jon has VISITATION and he DOES NOT and CANNOT make any decisions regarding the kids.

Anyway, how can Jon have joint custody when he doesn’t have a pot to piss in? Jon’s eight children sleep on the floor. Jon probably earns 25k year. He cannot house his kids or feed them daily.

The judge knew what he was doing when he gave Kate the kids.

MsGoody2Shoes

Posted at 4:43 AM on April 9, 2011

Jon stole 235k from bank account meant for his kids well-being. Also, he spent 520k Sept/Oct/Nov 2009 & got evicted from his NYC apt in Dec ’09 and you think Jon should have joint custody? You have lost your mind. Good thing the family court judge knew better.

sonia

Posted at 5:52 PM on April 9, 2011

I’m pretty sure its has been reported Kate also dipped into the kids money as well and was ordered by judge to put money back so both parents were caught red handed. You try and do your research b4 u start spewing ur hateraide speech. Would it really kill her to leave kids with Jon to save money on paying sitters and housekeeper when she is out of town for long periods of time. I learned to not take this woman seriously a long time ago. Bashing or bringing up each parents faults/ made up faults is just wrong, what are u teaching the kids. They can hear about these interviews and watch them. Kids are not oblivious, they sense and know what’s really up…grow up. Good to see Jon is not stooping to Kates level any longer

vegas mom

Posted at 2:49 AM on April 5, 2011

She sounds just like my husband’s ex-wife. For years she has said she doesn’t want to interfere in his relationship with his kids,but than never allows any visitation beyond what is court-ordered, steals weekends from him, won’t allow him to have phone coversations with the kids and lies to them about their dad not wanting to see them. BTW, the courts here don’t give a rats a** about a mom taking visitation from a dad. Every time we would land in court, the judge slapped her wrist and told that it was a “no-no” to interfere in custody and then would do NOTHING about it, other than chastice my husband for not seeing his kids enough. Same old story, mom’s an angel, dad can’t do anything right and is a slimeball. Makes me sick.

Lola B

Posted at 10:32 PM on April 4, 2011

Very well said Bonnie, you are totally right

Zilly

Posted at 9:11 PM on April 4, 2011

Its sad, she will never change she wears her divorce like a coat, it identifies her

jamie

Posted at 8:58 PM on April 4, 2011

kate is being stubborn and stupid
she doesntunderstand tha the new single kate is ruening her childs life
its esgusting to watch

Ginger

Posted at 6:43 PM on April 4, 2011

I hated her since I watched her on Dancing With The Stars. I can only imagined what John goes through every day with this evil selfish woman! Can’t stand people who uses kids to fight their failed marriages.