Are Jacob And Renesmee Getting Their Own Movie Series After Twilight?

Thu, March 31, 2011 3:01pm EDT by 124 Comments

Did Stephenie Meyer reveal she’s starting a Twilight spinoff starring Taylor Lautner?

Stephenie Meyer already dished the goods on Kristen Stewart‘s Bella wedding dress, and now she may have let the cat out of the bag about a new Twilight sequel! In her new interview with USA Today the writer refused to answer whether Jacob (Taylor Lautner) and Renesmee (Mackenzie Foy) are capable of having children, because she might write more about them.

As you guys know, when we leave Breaking Dawn Jacob is a teenager and Renesmee is aging rapidly. But does this mean if Jacob stops himself from aging, as werewolves can do, and they catch up to each other they could have kids?

“That is a question I’m reserving the right not to answer, because there is a chance I’ll go back to their story,” says Stephenie. What?! She might come back to the story of Jacob and Renesmee?! We wouldn’t blame her, the whole imprinting plotline is fascinating, although many fans were disappointed that Jacob “imprinted” on Bella and Edward’s baby. As the devoted fans know though, this only means he is protective of her and doesn’t mean he has any inappropriate feelings towards Renesmee. He will wait until she gets older to act on anything, as he should.

So what do you guys think of a Jacob and Renesmee movie or series? Would you want to see this? Since we haven’t gotten more of Midnight Sun, Twilight told from Edward’s perspective, and Stephenie says she’s not working on it anytime soon, maybe we can get our fix with a Jacob/Renesmee story. (And would anyone else want Taylor and his Renesmee-lookalike-girlfriend Lily Collins to star in it??)

Let us know your comments below!

Lorena O’Neil

Click here for more on Renesmee’s birth

Click here for how Rob and Kristen are excited for the Renesmee scenes

cat

Posted at 9:18 PM on December 5, 2011

yes i think it would be a great movie. stephenie meyer should write about their story but if there is going 2 be a movie they need 2 come on & make it before all of the actors look too old for the characters. ppl who should be in it- rob patterson, kristen stewart, taylor, etc.

Fefe

Posted at 1:07 AM on December 5, 2011

i don’t think Stephanie’s being perverted because Renesmees a child right now & he’s DOES NOT FEEL THAT WAY yet.He will when she gets older. He only wants to protect her. But i still think that he shouldn’t have imprinted on her because it’s Bella’s baby that’s basically like a clone of Bella especially when she gets older. It’s still creepy because he has imprinted on reneemee so eventually they are going to have sex. Edward will see that whom of which is Renesmees, father & Jacobs friend now. How is he gonna feel? To me that is basically like Renesmee going with her uncle why? because Bella & Jacob are like brother & sister. it’s not fair at all to Jacob to me because after all he has done for Bella, he gets her daughter? that is not fair at all. I think they should write a book about them but i think they should make another character that he falls in love with and make jacob imprint on that character, therefore making him imprint on two so he has to find out how that happens and stuff like getting research from his elders and stuff and then he picks. idk i just don’t agree with him imprinting on Renesmee. But yes they should make a movie of it i’d still watch.

Angry!!

Posted at 12:39 PM on December 3, 2011

Wooooow, some of you people are calling Stephanie sick and perverted for doing the Renesmee/Jacob imprinting….if you actually took time to throughly READ the damn book you would have saw his only intentions for Renesmee is to love (in a brother way) and PROTECT her. God sake she’s only a little kid in BD, so if SM eventually ends up writing Jacob and Renesmee’s relationship it would be based on GROWN UP Renesmee. Not pedo Jacob and helpless little victim Renesmee. GOD GET IT IN YOUR HEADS! They’re bond is strong, and it’s not like Renesmee doesnt like him, infant she loves Jacob very much! I could see I love relationship when she finally reaches his age, and Bella and Edward shouldn’t mind. He was like what, 1,000 and she was only 17 when he hit on her. I hope Stephanie continues a whole new series continuing J&R. And as far as the Twilight series, I think Stephanies done. Im not that physced about Midnight Sun…so please understand Stephaniea possible intentions.

Rachel

Posted at 4:21 PM on November 30, 2011

I’m all for it. Bella and Edward got their happy ending, so why can’t Jacob and Renesmee? I know a lot of people found it disturbing… it’s FICTION. Besides he imprinted because he wants to protect her. My guess is in the future she’ll age to about 17 or 18 and then they might start to develop romantic feelings…

Nicki

Posted at 9:10 PM on November 27, 2011

In the book Bella and Jacob is pissed because it’s obscene. Why the heck would they be so pissed if imprinting ONLY meant protection??? No parent would be angry at someone wanting to protect their child. Imprinting is sexual/love/devotion etc… Every other mention in the book on imprinting has been relationship like so yes it’s disturbing and very very unappealing!!! So not interested in anything related to a Jacob & sick freak imprinting on a baby type relationship!! ewww

megan

Posted at 11:52 AM on November 20, 2011

Having another book/movie about renesmee and jacob would be amazing!
Despite what haters say I think it would be cute<3

sofia

Posted at 10:28 AM on November 20, 2011

PLEASE WRITE ANOTHER BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be great, i would love to read the story of jacob and renesme <3

amanda

Posted at 3:34 PM on November 9, 2011

People need to realize that this is fiction! And they explained what imprinting was in New Moon, so everyone needs to calm down. And most likely Stephanie Myer will write a book before a movie comes out and Renesmee will most likely be an adult in the movie. Everyone thinks Stephanie Myer was becoming more perverted in Breaking Dawn, but I personally think she was just growing with her fan base she had to change the relationship between edward and bella to fit the book.

So yes I would like to see a book, but I don’t believe jacob has enough fan base by himself to carry a movie. The whole cast would need to be apart of it.

Taylor Lautner's Girlfriend

Posted at 9:30 PM on October 28, 2011

No! I don’t want my Taylor to have a ‘romantic’ story with a little kid ! I wont really mind if there’s just a book, but definitely not a movie.

leelee

Posted at 10:27 PM on November 19, 2011

She wont be a kid too long..she ages rapidly until age 17..and she stops aging. It may work..has to be a great story line though. But until she reaches an appropriate age..he becomes a brother figure to her.

Magdalena

Posted at 8:24 AM on August 16, 2011

Yes! Yes! Yes!:-)
Stephenie should write about Nessie and Jacob. We want to know if Jacob will be happy. Stephenie do it! please!

Imprinting is creepy

Posted at 8:25 AM on April 6, 2011

I was skipping most of the wolf stuff in the books because it was boring. Jacob and Nessie story is plain creepy especially if you remember that Jacob tried to seduce Bella and then he switched to her daughter. So yeah, I don’t want it to continue. Meyer totally lost it in Breaking Dawn. She had a nice dream for Twilight but then her dreams got perverted. If she wants to sell more of her books, she better finish Midnight sun. I would buy that book but not about Jacob and Nessie.

Randomz

Posted at 10:28 AM on April 3, 2011

Yes! I so hope so. I’d love to see another set of books written and see them live on the big screen. Someone better not post an illegal document of the first chapter of it like Midnight Sun though. And no Lily Collins SHOULDN’T play Renesmee if they are, she’s nothing like Nessie and I think they should cast someone more..not lilly.

OMG!

Posted at 12:11 PM on April 1, 2011

I have always wantede this type of story…..And im sure this would be written when renesmee is like the same age as jacob i love the plot so far and hope that it becomes a book!!!

nana

Posted at 2:28 AM on April 1, 2011

gross gross gross gross aaaaannnnnnnndddddddddd gross

amber

Posted at 1:21 AM on April 1, 2011

this is so dumb everyone’s like oh thats gross but the imprinting is just a PROTECTIVE imprinting not oh i wanna screw a child imprinting..so calm the eff down ppl. the books were very well written and the movies too and all that extra sh*t isnt necessary really..

Jane

Posted at 10:16 PM on March 31, 2011

I love Taylor Lautner, but the whole Jacob imprinting on a baby is revolting. I hope it tests so poorly that they have to cut it out of Breaking Dawn. Continuing the pedophile story line is unnecessary. I read the book and its just CREEPY.

Sarah

Posted at 10:02 PM on March 31, 2011

So she was born and forced to be with this man already as a child? disgusting. Edward should have died and Jacob and Bella would live happily ever after :)

Jenna

Posted at 9:02 PM on March 31, 2011

If you think Jacob and Renesmee is ‘disturbing’…go back and read Breaking Dawn. I would love to see a Jacob and Renesmee story. It is very fascinating and would make a wonderful story. And all of you with your negative comments…I’ll bet you’d be the first ones to pick up a copy of the book.

lizzy

Posted at 9:55 PM on March 31, 2011

I agree!!

kg

Posted at 6:54 PM on March 31, 2011

I love Twilight but I think this part of the story is weird and disturbing.

bree

Posted at 6:43 PM on March 31, 2011

a jacob twilight kind of movie without rob or kristen, wouldn’t be very interesting. even without the shirt.

nana

Posted at 2:31 AM on April 1, 2011

totally

lizzy

Posted at 5:58 PM on March 31, 2011

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!

kiki

Posted at 5:57 PM on March 31, 2011

lmao. do you know creepy that picture looks? no one would want to see a movie about jacob and his 7 year old lover.

TeamBlack

Posted at 5:26 PM on March 31, 2011

Jacob Black is the only reason for watching/reading this series post Twilight. Jacob is the star from New Moon through Breaking Dawn! More Jacob.

Candace

Posted at 4:34 PM on March 31, 2011

I hated Breaking Dawn. I hated that Jacob imprinted on a baby. Especially Bella & Edward’s baby. But the poor guy’s too brainwashed to think it’s weird. I’m sure Renesmee will have issues. Can hybrids go to therapy?

felicia

Posted at 3:39 PM on March 31, 2011

I hate Twilight, but I’d love to see Taylor in another movie. I dunno this could be exciting.