Robert Pattinson Disses 'Twilight' In A New Interview — Can You Believe It?

Thu, March 31, 2011 12:02pm EDT by 6 Comments

R-Patz says he didn’t like the script of the first film!

It seems Robert Pattinson wasn’t a fan of the Twilight movie that started his career!

In an interview with Italian Vanity Fair, Rob, 24, says he didn’t understand the appeal of the vampire series when he auditioned for the part!

“When I first read [the Twilight script], it didn’t appeal to me,” Rob says. “I couldn’t understand what was so special and why everybody was so into it.”

We’re sure that after seeing all 0f the devotion fans give to the series, Robert can totally understand why Twilight is so special!

– William Earl

Robert Pattinson & Taylor Lautner Were Robbed At The 2011 Kids’ Choice Awards!

fariha

Posted at 2:14 PM on February 27, 2012

you see what twihards dont understand is that he is british. i mean come on. he’s not dumb. he didn’t even auditioned the role properly. i would know i was a twihard. but after after twilight i realised how stupid i was. and robert is only doing this for opportunities. and @Tee you should go on
tumblr. too many proof that robert disses on twilight all the time.

Casey

Posted at 10:14 AM on April 1, 2011

Rob and Kristen have said a few times that they hate Twilight and the fans (But then again, I hate them both, so it’s no problem). This is nothing new.

Tee

Posted at 9:09 PM on March 31, 2011

THIS IS WHY I HATE YOU PEOPLE!!!! HE NEVER DISSED TWILIGHT!!!! SAYING HE DIDN’T UNDERSTAND THE APPEAL IS A LONG WAY FROM DISSING IT!!!! ROB IS THOUGHTFUL AND CEREBRAL AND LIKES TO FIND MEANING UNLIKE YOU PEOPLE AT HOLLYWOOD LIFE. IN THE BEGINNING HE NEVER HEARD OF IT AND HOW BIG THE BOOKS WERE.

annamorphos

Posted at 7:55 PM on March 31, 2011

I think Twilight worked in Rob’s favor. While it isn’t a showcase of his talent, it did thrust him into the spotlight. But I agree with what he said.

Of all the twilight cast (the younger ones), I think Rob has the most potential. Taylor has Disney written all over him, while Kristen just needs to disappear.

I can’t wait for Water for Elephants. I absolutely adored the book!

Michele

Posted at 3:09 PM on March 31, 2011

Yes, I can believe it.

Rob seems too intelligent for all this nonsense. He’s an artist, not a caricature, and wants to be treated/respected as such. And don’t start with the: “Oh, you should appreciate the hand that feeds you,” thing. He does appreciate it, but it’s been going on for a long time now, and he’s had enough. I don’t blame him.

Good for him for not selling out and sticking true to what he believes in. Michele.

Medison

Posted at 2:02 PM on March 31, 2011

wow when an actor diss his film that it should show you how but it really is . I agree with all what he said