Robert Pattinson & Reese Witherspoon Share A Bed! See The Steamy New Photo!

Thu, March 31, 2011 9:37am EST by 33 Comments

These two have crazy-hot chemistry! How excited are you to see ‘Water For Elephants?’

Every new photo we see from Water For Elephants makes us more excited for the movie’s April 22 opening! We can’t wait to see Robert Pattinson and Reese Witherspoon burn up the big screen — but for now, we’ll have to settle for this new photo of the two sharing an intimate moment on a bed together.

Candice

Posted at 12:09 PM on April 5, 2011

@michele. I understand that many of R.P.’s costars face unfair backlash. However, most of the comments I’ve read are directed at the fact that physically, she’s not remotely like the brown haired, early 20s heroine in the book. It’s not like people are hitting below the belt by counting her wrinkles, questioning her acting or dissecting her features. Actors gain/lose weight, dye their hair(Kristen Stewart chopped off her glorious locks to be a believable Joan Jett) to look the part. The “backlash” on Resse is legitimate and extremely mild. If you don’t get it, just read the crap Kristen gets. Now, that’s malicious, groundless and pathetic backlash.

Bonnie

Posted at 12:02 PM on April 2, 2011

Don’t forget he played her son in Vanty Fair. That said I can’t wait till the movie comes out.

Eddie

Posted at 6:41 PM on April 2, 2011

Now that I can see. 21year old, not so much.

suzanna

Posted at 5:12 AM on April 2, 2011

Sh’es waaay to preetier then he is. He is lucky that she’s filimng with him, it should change his all this vampire boyish gay brrrrr look

Lauren

Posted at 12:17 AM on April 2, 2011

HAH! Nice title.

snow white

Posted at 1:50 AM on April 1, 2011

Reese Witherspoon looks like a 100 years old vintage barbie doll! Oh yes! I see chemistry between Rob and Reese, it’s just DIRTY! An old prosti-looking whore seducing a young good looking man! Simply not amazing like the Robsten chemistry! For the Kristen haters…. so what if Kristen doesn’t know how to act? She’s popular, she has lots of movie offers, she’s young, she’s beautiful …. and she has Robert Pattinson as boyfriend! hahaha!…..

ChysaPatz

Posted at 8:41 AM on April 1, 2011

Go!i totally agree!kristen is an mazing actress!also i think that they have chemistry…a good one! thy are really nice and cute together in this film!i can’t wait anymore!i want to see it!

Jaymes

Posted at 12:00 PM on April 1, 2011

@ Snow White. I wish you didn’t have to bring Kristen into this. Yes, she’s young and gorgeous, but has nothing to do with WFE, which I’m sure she wants to do well, seeing as she’s so supportive of those she cares about. She even went to see Red Ridding Hood even though that Shiloh dude was less than gracious towards her.

sal

Posted at 11:46 PM on March 31, 2011

rooooooooobbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb is the hottest and most romantic gy to walk earth he amazes me day by day GOD HOW KRISTEN IS LUCKY YOU DONT FIND GUYS THESE DAYS LIKE HIM

Denise

Posted at 10:12 PM on March 31, 2011

@michele. I don’t think that people are saying that the man has to be older. Yes, that would be archaic,even in the depression era. I think that it’s just some critism about casting a 34year old to play a 21year old. Rob has nothing to do with this. Some people loved the book and the Reese doesn’t fit their image of a young brunette, the Marlena in the book.

Michele

Posted at 5:00 PM on April 1, 2011

Hi Denise,

I think there is always backlash when an actor takes on a popular character – or sometimes, anyway, unless you read the book first. I read GWTW (I love that book) after the film and I can only imagine Vivian Leigh & Clark Gable in the rolls. I can’t say how I might have felt beforehand. Look at Rob before Twilight came out, lots of backlash there.

I didn’t mean to come on so strong, but I like Reese and everyone Rob works with gets pulled into the craziness. I love him, it’s not his fault, but it’s not right. That’s what I was reacting to.

I read WFE, and it was after Reese was cast, and I imagined her in the role without hesitation. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. As for the age difference, if she pulls it off good for her. I think in the pictures they look great together. People forget it’s all make believe anyway, so what difference does their real age make?

Denise

Posted at 5:56 PM on April 1, 2011

@Michele. No worries. Point taken.

Nene

Posted at 7:30 PM on March 31, 2011

I’ve read the book multiple times and yes, Marlena is in her 20’s. Even though Reese is older than the character, I still think she looks very pretty and has good chemistry with Rob.

karen

Posted at 6:34 PM on March 31, 2011

I want to see Robert, no matter what, he is a great actor, and kristen come on, she is really a very bad actress.

Michele

Posted at 6:20 PM on March 31, 2011

Pick on Reese now? How mean can you be?

I can’t believe so many here would jump on this horrible – pick on Reese – bandwagon! She seems like such a nice person, but that makes no difference here.

Just for the record, I think she looks beautiful in these photos, and will make the perfect Marlena.

I don’t recall Marlena’s age when she met Jacob, only when she joined the circus, but I always thought she would be older than Jacob. But what difference does it make?

If the ages were reversed no one would bat an eye. If Jacob were 30 and she 20, so? I didn’t realize we were progressing backwards with our thinking, that the man must always be older? Who cares. If she is older than him, so what?

Look at how they look at each other! You cannot look at that pic and not see fireworks unless you are blind.

I also have no doubt that Rob will make the perfect Jacob. He is such a fine actor with so much talent, and it will be great to see him finally done with Twilight. But it’s a shame that everyone he works with has to be put through the grindstone like this. You are only hurting his career and I would think, as a fan, that is counterproductive. These negative comments are insulting to everyone involved in WFE.

This looks like an great film with a stellar cast – 3 amazing leads. I loved the book and I cannot wait to see WFE.

Michele

ChysaPatz

Posted at 8:44 AM on April 1, 2011

i agree!the bookm is incredible!they have amazing chemistry!rob is hot and beautiful reese too!so????amazing movie couple!

mixin

Posted at 5:42 PM on March 31, 2011

@Meh! – so he is prettier than most women, so what. I want to look at him, I don’t care about the actresses :P
Ok, really now – the movie looks great. I can’t wait!

koolkatt17

Posted at 3:02 PM on March 31, 2011

what are you children talking about i bet most of you didn’t even read the book . nowhere it says she is 20 yrs old , second they are actors and good ones at that. you people just want to pigeonhole pattinson in this edward character when clearly he wants to move on from it. that is job to act and pretend , i love the twilight movies but i can’t wait for them to end so i can actually enjoy other adult movies from this actor who actually is a 25 yr old man , not 18 yrs old highschool kid..WFT looks great can’t wait to see it….

not a math wiz

Posted at 3:11 PM on March 31, 2011

You need to reread the book. Marlena was about 17 when she married and it was 3 or 4 years later when she met Jacob. Extremely simple addition really.

Meh!

Posted at 1:44 PM on March 31, 2011

If I see WFE, it will be for the elephant and Christoph Waltz, a bonafide actor. Yeah the chemistry is weird. Not going to say she looks like his mother, but trouble is, he’s so much prettier than her.

ChysaPatz

Posted at 8:49 AM on April 1, 2011

i dissagre!i love robert but reese is really beautiful and i think that they have a really good chemistry!you talk like she is an old woman!she is not!she has amazing smile,imposing body,beeautiful eyes!they fit really good!i like them as movie couple a lot!she doesn’t seem like his mother,they are truly amazing together!of course not like robsetn but look them…they are really cool!!

annonymous

Posted at 1:37 PM on March 31, 2011

@20/20 I totally agree. If it was a cougar love story, I can understand. I feel like they’re insulting our intelligence by asking us to believe she’s 20. There are actresses who look a lot younger than they are, Demi Moore for instance. Reese Witherspoon, you’re no Demi Moore.

20/20

Posted at 1:30 PM on March 31, 2011

Of course Rob can’t be with Kristen in every movie, but Reese W. is much too old for the role of 20year old Marlena.Audiences would have to be blindly obsessed fans of Reese or just plain blind to buy that. Even Reese’s contemporaries, legendary beauties like Angelina Jolie or Charlize Theron, would be hard pressed to look 21. So, good luck with that R.W.

reality check

Posted at 3:00 PM on March 31, 2011

I also feel that as actors age, the roles they take on need to evolve as well. If you’re compelled to be 21 forever, then bring on the CGI wizards.(they did a good job with Jeff Brigdes’alter ego in Tron) Wouldn’t Rob look ridiculous as Edward if he’s 34? Movies are makebelieve, but that doesn’t mean we’ll believe anything.

hellyeah

Posted at 1:04 PM on March 31, 2011

Good to see him with a good actress and not the stuttering uber blinker charisma free Kristen Stewart.

scarlett

Posted at 11:05 AM on March 31, 2011

she has alot makeup to look more old hahaha

less is more

Posted at 10:12 PM on April 2, 2011

I agree. Reese W. has more makeup than the entire Volturi army.

bluebird

Posted at 5:16 AM on May 9, 2011

hahahaha!….
you speak nothin but the truth!
Reese Witherspoon belongs to the Volturi Army!!!

scarlett

Posted at 11:04 AM on March 31, 2011

robert he very hot. reese look old to me hahaha.

crizo

Posted at 10:49 AM on March 31, 2011

ask her she is on her honeymoon you people

Arkansas

Posted at 10:12 AM on March 31, 2011

He would be hot if they paired him with a potato! He is the epitome of a gorgeous, hot man.

rk4ever

Posted at 9:44 AM on March 31, 2011

Rob and Kris

Jaymes

Posted at 2:36 PM on April 1, 2011

Come on, Rob can’t be with Kristen in every movie. Yes, they’re hot together but they need to do well independently outside of Twilight. Yeah, I agree with people that R.W. is too old and does not have the look of Marlena. That said, the movie still appears amazing. The look on Tai/Rosie’s face on that third picture is uncannily human. That elephant was actually acting!