Robert Pattinson Thinks His Fans May Hate Him After They See ‘Bel Ami!’

Thu, March 31, 2011 3:34pm EDT by 6 Comments

Studio execs worry R-Patz’s portrayal of an unlikeable lead may hurt his heartthrob status!

Robert Pattinson‘s proud of the work he did on Bel Ami, but the film has not been given a release date, mostly because his character is so unlikeable that studio executives think it may hurt his image!

Rob, 24, spoke with Total Film about the problems the movie is facing by having their super-famous star play a ruthless womanizer.

“We were really true to the book and because the guy is basically a s–t who wins everything at the end it’s really difficult to market it  -– especially with me in it,” Rob says. “Everyone’s worried that everyone’s going to be thinking, ‘Oh I want him to be nice, he’s got to be nice to all the ladies.'”

We’re sure the Twilight faithful would still go and see Bel Ami — after all, R-Patz is a great actor no matter what he’s starring in!

– William Earl

R-Patz — You Look Hotter Than Heathcliff Filming Your New Movie ‘Bel Ami’!

Michelle

Posted at 1:24 AM on April 6, 2011

Bel Ami won’t make me hate Robert Pattinson. Robert Pattinson made me hate Robert Pattinson. He’s so over I can’t wait until Hollywood turns it’s back on him for go. Robert’s superhero costume would have to be a girlish looking boy toy.

Guest

Posted at 11:32 PM on March 31, 2011

Well, they could compensate and pacify the ladies by showing us all a little bum in the final cut of Bel Ami!

anna

Posted at 6:29 PM on March 31, 2011

Cam’t wait to see Bel ami. Robert will be great in all his movies because he is a great actor.

JLC

Posted at 5:42 PM on March 31, 2011

I hope they do not alter it from the book. The character is a user, and if Rob can portray that, it will demonstrate his acting ability. It annoys me no end how they want to shove the actors into a box and never let them grow. I want to see this movie and hopefully I will hate Georges Duroy. I will always like Rob.

rpatzfan

Posted at 4:48 PM on March 31, 2011

you are beautiful inside out RPATZ.dont be afraid

nikki

Posted at 4:36 PM on March 31, 2011

He is an actor and the movies he is in isn’t who he really is anyway. I would love to meet Rob oneday but lets be really here I most likely wont. So if he is in a move I like I will watch it a 10000 times NO JOKE All my Twlight movies are about shot. I love him

Nikki