Katie Holmes Was Horrified By Suri's Penis Gummies!

Thu, March 31, 2011 9:24am EDT by 6 Comments

Just like us, Katie says she was “horrified” when she saw her 4-year-old daughter Suri pick up a pack of “boy part” gummies during their ice cream trip to Serendipity restaurant in NYC.

What a relief! Katie Holmes, 32, admits that 4-year-old Suri‘s little box of treats were a complete shock, not only to us, but to her as well! The actress tells Ellen DeGeneres, in an interview airing Friday, April 1, on The Ellen Show, that she was surprised a kid-friendly restaurant would sell X-rated candies like penis gummies!

“Recently, I took her to get ice cream in New York at this place called Serendipity that we go to all the time. It’s for kids. The clientele is children,” Katie tells Ellen. “We go in and we are waiting for a table and she grabs some gummies that are ‘boy part’ gummies. I was horrified.” “Boy part?” Ellen asks.

“P-e-n-i-s gummies,” Katie spells out, “I said, ‘oh wow, those aren’t Swedish fish.'” Ha! That has to be a completely awkward situation — good thing daddy, Tom Cruise, 48, wasn’t there!

“They are called p-e-n-i-s gummies and they look like it,” Katie adds. “She was holding the box and I was like ‘OK, wow, we don’t need that right now.’ Because I thought if I said put that back and then she’s going to say, what is this? And I really didn’t want to have that conversation. I was like, why are selling these here? This is for kids. And then it was on the cover of a magazine that I’m giving her those gummies.”

Katie admits that it’s tough when your whole life, including your child’s, is documented by the paparazzi. “It can be intense sometimes because there are moments in motherhood where she [Suri] will have trouble putting on the coat or whatever,” she says. “Then it’s a story about how she won’t wear a coat.”

Of course Ellen, with her wonderful comedic timing, got a kick over people thinking Katie is giving Suri “p-e-n-i-s gummy bears” as a midnight snack. Hey, it is pretty funny!

–Leigh Blickley
Suri Cruise Enjoys Penis-Shaped Gummies — And Now They’re Flying Off The Shelves!
Katie Holmes’ Mommy Necklace Is So Chic!
Live the Suri Cruise Life — Check Out the NYC Hot Spots From This Week!

Laneta

Posted at 11:02 AM on May 2, 2011

This has made my day. I wish all potsngis were this good.

Jessi

Posted at 7:19 PM on April 11, 2011

Oh my gosh, people, lighten up! What is the big deal? It’s candy. I told my 6 year old daughter to look at the picture and she didn’t know what they were, just candy to her too. Is it really going to hurt to give your kid funny-shaped candy?

maddy

Posted at 9:07 PM on March 31, 2011

You got to admit that this is really funny but when she is older I hope she doesn’t end up like Lindsay Lohan or Milet Cyrus!!!

galey

Posted at 12:32 PM on March 31, 2011

They never say “no” to Suri that’s why she didn’t tell her to put them back…..you just have to say “no”, and NOT buy them for her…very simple, Katie…

gbtw

Posted at 1:56 PM on March 31, 2011

for godssake, get real. they’re celebrities out in public with cameras shoved in their face and she doesn’t want to have to explain in public to her daughter why she can’t have those candies (i.e., b/c they’re shaped like male genitals and have a sexual implication and what’s sex you say, well… ). so she quickly just buys them to get the hell on with it, in a horrified moment. c’mon. sure, they probably have “saying no” issues, but MANY parents have that at one time or another— so maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to judge this one time choice not to make a scene over some penis gummies.

tinamarie

Posted at 9:52 AM on March 31, 2011

You know those things just happen. I was in a store at the mall that sells odd ball things. My oldest son was buying a hacky sac. We were at the counter paying and my youngest son comes up with a pair of furry handcuffs and says mom can you buy me these. I thought the clerk was going to die laughing. I just said no you can’t have furry handcuffs now go put them back. Kids I tell ya.