The couple exchanged vows in country-style in front of 120 friends and several A-lists guests at Reese’s California ranch!
Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth wed in a 20-minute service in Ojai, Calif., on March 26 – a dream wedding choreographed by the bride to match the rustic style of her down-home spread.
For her second wedding, Reese, 35, wore a Monique Lhuillier gown as she exchanged vows with Jim, 40. a CAA agent, according to UsMagazine.com, which reported new details on their big day. Bride and groom exchanged William Goldberg wedding bands.
Some of Reese’s closest celeb pals and former co-stars were among the 120 guests, including Scarlett Johansson and her new beau Sean Penn, Renee Zellweger, Tobey Maguire and wife Jennifer Meyer, Robert Downey Jr., Matthew McConaughey and girlfriend Camila Alves, Alyssa Milano, Colin Hanks, Isla Fisher and her hubby Sacha Baron Cohen.
Reese’s two kids – Ava, 11 and Deacon, 7 –were also supporting their mom. As expected, their dad, Reese’s ex, Ryan Phillippe, was a no-show for the nuptials.
Reese looked stunning and was reportedly “giddy” as she made her way down the aisle in a ceremony lasting 20 minutes. Her matron of honor was best friend Heather Rosenfield, whose young sons were the ring bearers. Reese’s nieces walked down the aisle as flower girls. “Tennessee Waltz” was played for Jim and the kids and then “Here Comes the Bride” for Reese’s. The bluegrass band strummed “Will the Circle Be Unbroken?” during the service.
A cocktail party preceded dinner, a farm-style meal at the ranch where Reese keeps horses, donkeys, pigs and goats. Dinner was served at long tables in a fabric-lined tent behind the house. The LA restaurant Lucques provided endive salad with olives and fava beans; wild striped bass with potatoes, chanterelles and garlic, mustard grilled chicken and herb-roasted lamb with braised artichokes. The wedding cake was by Erica O’Brien, part of a dessert spread that included a s’mores lounge!
Later, with lanterns and chandeliers in the trees, guests sat on antique chairs and benches and danced on a wooden-plank floor as a DJ played tunes. The gift bag for guests included pecan currant scones.
A friend of the couple told Us, “They feel like they’ve hit the jackpot in this relationship!”
The couple got engaged in December, and managed to keep most of their wedding details under wraps. But we do know most of the wedding guests stayed at the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa, where rooms can cost anywhere between $350 and $15,000 a night!
We’re so happy for this newlywed couple!
– Katie Moore
Here are all Us Weekly‘s extra details from Reese and Jim’s elegant affair!
- Tents covered the front and back of Reese’s estate for the ceremony and reception!
- Guests took shuttles from the Ojai Valley Inn & Spa for the 5:30 pm ceremony
- Jim wore a Rag & Bone suit and so did Reese’s 7-year-old son Deacon!
- The flower girls were Reese’s nieces Abby James and Draper Witherspoon
- Reese’s dad walked her down the aisle
- There were no tears only smiles during the ceremony!
- A bluegrass band played during the reception while guests drank mint julep drinks
- There was a wood-plank dance floor, with mismatched antique chairs, sofas, and distressed wood benches with Turkish textile pillows
- The couple made their grand entrance into the tent at 7:30 pm and during the cocktail hour they mingled with their A-list guests!
- Each table had mason jars with antique pots with blush and white roses, with green cabbage, lavender, white freesia and purple cornflowers.
- Guests dined on endive salad with olives, fava beans and wild striped bass, and garlic-mustard grilled chicken or herb-roasted lamb — yum!
- After the ceremony and reception guests headed back to Jimmy’s Pub for a late-night party of their own!