Chloe Says: Britney Spears Is Back On Top But Her Dance Moves Are Totally Weak!

Tue, March 29, 2011 1:28pm EDT by 5 Comments
Getty Images
Loading video...

As Britney wiggled awkwardly on the stage for ‘GMA,’ all I could think about was the old Britney’s killer moves! Will she ever come back?

Don’t get me wrong, I love Britney Spears! I’d dance on my bed for hours in middle school practicing my “Hit Me Baby” moves. But how in the world has Britney lost her amazing choreography? A Britney concert used to be the ultimate experience with pyrotechnics, intricate costumes and Britney’s enviable dancing skills. But during her GMA Spring Concert Series performance on March 29 I was incredibly disappointed.

Britney started with “Hold It Against Me” which I have been known to recently play on repeat. But watching Britney climb down those stairs so unsteadily brought a flood of memories that made me sad. This was Britney’s chance to shown the world she was back.

But watching her stumble through three songs at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco looked more like a rehearsal! And clearly Enrique Iglesias felt the same way — he dropped out of touring with her this summer after the performance aired!

I absolutely love all of Britney’s songs off her new Femme Fatale album, which drops today. But is she just not taking these concerts seriously  anymore? She might just be over it. Maybe she’s been on stage too long?

Britney was cast in the Mickey Mouse Club when she was just 10 and reached mega-fame at 16. She’s definitely come a long way since her public meltdown in 2007! Now she’s a mom-of-two we always see at her son’s Little League games.

Whatever — Britney appears to have lost that extra spark that set her apart. I will always love her music but I don’t know if she’ll ever be able to give performances as jaw-dropping as her early days.

— Chloe Melas

Here’s another video of Britney from the ‘GMA’ concert:

Loading video...

Sara

Posted at 1:30 PM on May 19, 2011

I love britney spears still. i honestly dont care if she did stumble. i mean sure shes lot some spark but SHE IS STILL AMAZING!!! haha i’ll always love britney spears no matter what anybody says.

-Sara

JayeTaye

Posted at 5:46 PM on April 4, 2011

I’m certain the reason Britney can’t dance anymore is because of antidepressants that she is likely taking. I experienced it myself – it’s like you just don’t have the same coordination or rhythm anymore, as though you’re moving in slow motion. Her dancing skills took a major nosedive after her meltdown and I’ve had this theory since then.

victory

Posted at 5:34 PM on March 29, 2011

I’m happy for Brittney that she’s back on tour and doing what she does best,as for her lack luster dance moves, she hasn’t worked those muscles for awhile. Cut her some slack!

A Bipolar Guy

Posted at 3:12 PM on March 29, 2011

her new album gets many rave reviews from the critics but everyone is noting the stage thing. some are speculating it due to problems with medication for the widely rumored bipolar disorder she may have. some meds used for bipolar can have side effect limiting energy or physical movement. Medication changes could likely fix if true. As a bipolar man I can tell you this should not be something she should have to live with if true.

J.S.

Posted at 2:32 PM on March 29, 2011

Watched the Britney performance you witnessed. I think that she has (or is currently suffering) a back injury. She moves like someone in a bit of pain or is worried about pain flaring up … and some of her wilder behavior of the last few years could be chalked up to someone on a lot of painkillers.