'Sister Wives' Recap: Robyn Worries About Being Asked To Leave The Family!

Mon, March 28, 2011 9:47am EDT by 32 Comments

The Brown family starts to worry about finances, and how they can continue paying for all 21 members of the family!

Sister Wives was all about money this week, and it seems like the Brown family is having as much financial difficulty as every other family in America. There are 21 members of the family, but only three working these days. Yikes.

Kody, Meri and Janelle have become the breadwinners for the family, meaning in a sense that each is almost a single parent supporting a brood of six. Christine is watching the children following the birth of her recent daughter and Robyn is busy looking for work. But she is getting concerned.

The wives seem fine with Robyn helping with the children, but it is clear she and her children are a new and sizable burden on the already strapped family. It seems like taking a new wife at this time may not have been the best idea and Robyn seems concerned her inability to provide may get her the boot.

Furthermore, though the show no doubt provides a salary to the family, it seems like the show may not have been the best idea for the family should any of the adults, namely Meri, lose their job.

Janelle seems to have enough financial knowledge and budget savvy to keep the family above water, especially as Kody seems to be a somewhat foolish spender, but it is clear this family needs another salary — quick.

Sierra

Posted at 2:14 PM on November 12, 2012

Dude Polgamy is very disgusting and illegal dude they all need their heads checked cause they are stupid all of thoes women are to pretty to be married to the same guy they could do so much better

johnb

Posted at 3:47 PM on November 18, 2012

You need to have your eyes checked. All of these women are nasty looming. You are correct about them being stupid though.

Hotels in Hollywood Florida

Posted at 8:49 PM on May 2, 2012

It’s in reality a great and useful piece of info. I’m satisfied that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

Ultimate Demon

Posted at 4:34 AM on May 1, 2012

Great paintings! This is the type of info that are supposed to be shared across the web. Disgrace on the search engines for no longer positioning this put up higher! Come on over and seek advice from my website . Thank you =)

k wing

Posted at 7:00 PM on February 29, 2012

Oh no another wife scearch

Lissa

Posted at 9:36 PM on November 8, 2011

I’m not going to lie , I am addicted to the show “Sister Wives”, as for real life, its the sickest lifestyle I’ve ever seen! Kody is a goober and the most selfish person I have seen. Robin makes me wanna puke, I dont think she attractive at all, she is a lazy, whining , manipulative, attention whore, and worst mom ever!!!! Christine is so phony and only believed in this lifestyle when she was in her comfort zone. Janelle is at least a hard worker but I’m sure she only stays with Kody because she is so over weight and insecure. Lastly theres Meri who is the only legal wife and needs to remind those other three concubines that Kody never was really theirs , He is only married to her ! I actually like Meri shes the only one on there that seems real in her beliefs, and she holds them all together. Robin needs to go, ol herpe lips has destroyed their family….

teri

Posted at 5:38 AM on September 26, 2011

I agree I like all the wives except for robin wish she would leave

teri

Posted at 5:34 AM on September 26, 2011

I don’t like robin she is jealous and selfish the familt won’t last as long as she is around

Bets

Posted at 12:10 AM on July 20, 2011

I am not against polygamy I just have a problem with men who put their own egos over their families needs.
Kody is an idiot and way too into himself to have harmony in a family of this size. His need to draw attention to himself is the very reason that his family had to relocate. Most people don;t have the need to show people the way they live and convvince others their way should be accepted by everyone, why does he?
The law knew who he was and what he was long before the show. They looked the other way untill he made that impossible. aside from that, he can’t afford to be a polygamist and provide all those wives and children a decent life. he was not even born into that life style. he woke up one day and was like… hey, I think I will be a polygamist.

carrol hawley

Posted at 6:08 AM on June 13, 2011

I mthink they have the right to live in any state they want.Kody is only married to one women(Mary).People all over the U.S is having children with out marriage.Look at our movie stars.What makes the Browns so wrong.Leave these happy,normal people alone.Enjoy a real show about a real family,with happy,healthy children that love each other.These people do not drink,fight ,use illegal drugs or exploit children.I love this show and ,Thank you Brown family for sharing your life with me.

Deni Orwitt

Posted at 11:31 AM on April 13, 2011

Even though I don’t believe in polygamy, I do enjoy watching the show. I think it’s a shame that Meri was fired from her job because she is a sister wife. She is actually the only wife legally married (in the eyes of the law) to Kody. I think they should persue legal action because it sounds like a case of discrimination and that is against the law. From what I see on the show, Kody genuinly cares for all of them and the children all seem to be happy and well cared for.

hello

Posted at 12:11 AM on April 13, 2011

First of all, they are not all “wives”. Last time I checked, it is illegal to be married to more than one person at a time in this country. It is basically one man with one wife and three mistresses. These women must suffer from low self-esteem it they think it is okay to have to share a man with three other women. Would it be okay of one of the women found another man she wanted to be with and brought him into this family? Or is that option only available to Kody? He seems really creepy to me and I don’t know what those women see in him. They seem to do all the work while for him everyday is playtime. He gets to go from bedroom to bedroom and they just wait their turn. It’s a shame those kids are being raised to believe that this lifestyle is ok.

judy walker

Posted at 10:35 AM on April 12, 2011

the sister wives, cody is not bonded with these children, he runs in and out and take trips all the time with dirrent wives instead of individual time with the children. most of the childred are overweight – they are not eating healty.

td1288

Posted at 12:22 PM on April 11, 2011

I totally agree-he’s a moocher and a perv. HE gets to drive around in a sports car, doesn’t involve himself in the kid’s lives and thinks he can “bring in” more women-WTF??? And the women they are just DUMB. Pay for something, moron. work for something of value-busy your mind with that instead of how much pussy can i get in one day?

wendy brooks

Posted at 9:32 PM on April 10, 2011

y cant they have mormen…it right for him?

vegas mom

Posted at 1:17 AM on April 10, 2011

DID EVERYONE HERE ROBIN FROM SISTER WIVES IS PREGNANT,THIS IS A JOKE THERE NOT MARRIED,WAT FAITH ARE THEY ANY WAYS YOU NEVER SEE THEM IN A CHURCH LET ALONE BEING INVOLVED IN ANY FAITH EXCEPT THE ONE THAT BENIFTS KODI,HES NOT INVOLVED IN ANY OF HIS KIDS LIFE,HE HAS A NEW BORN DAUGHTER,BUT U NEVER SEE HIM INVOLVED IN NIGHT FEEDINGS ,BATHS,BONDING ,HE ACTS LIKE SHES NOT THERE,THIS GUY RAN WITH HIS FAMILY TO MY HOME TOWN LAS VEGAS,WE DONT WANT THAT HERE,VEGAS IS HARD CORE CHURCH FOLKS DONT COME HERE TO RAISE A FAMILY,THATS WHY THERES UTAH,GO HOME BROWN FAMILY,

MARGO

Posted at 6:31 PM on April 10, 2011

I agree….. adding another mouth to feed… another kid… I didn’t like Robyn to begin with… feel awful for Janelle- who already works her a** off already to support the family….. feel awful for Meri too :-( I know there is sadness as they never had a 2nd child.

rosa rosa

Posted at 3:16 PM on May 23, 2011

As much as I do not care for Kody, I doubt that Las Vegas can claim to be such a “Christian” region. Las Vegas is a gambling town and if I am correct, prosititution is legal. If the adults involved are agreeable to it, polygamy might work for many families, particularly where there is a high rate of single women and very few marriageable men (not in prison, with a job, in good health). As I mentioned, I do not care for Kody at all and feel he is a bit full of himself and rather narcissistic. However, there are many, many fathers who are not involved with feedings, middle of the night baby care, etc. who are still half-way decent men. Some may be outstanding fathers. And if a mother has a well-paid nanny who does all this work, I doubt anyone would criticize her.

I think polygamy works best when the husband and father has total responsibility for financial supporting his wives and children. I don’t there should be a law against it as it is so much better for a woman to have legal protection for herself and her children. If one of the “non-legal” wives got sick, would Kody be considered her legal representative?

Katie

Posted at 7:34 AM on April 7, 2011

What is THE LAW. Everytime I hear someone say that I want to smack them for their ignorance. This country has gotten out of control in making LAWS for it to be a FREE country. How many times are LAWS put in place then changed a week later. Ever gotten a ticket in a 25 and had it become a 35 zone the next week? I think its great that president Obama said that it was not constitutional to NOT allow gay marriages. NO ONE has the right to control anyone else. We all have our own minds and hearts to follow as long as we aren’t murdering someone. America has become more controlled than I want to live with and I’m a pretty “Normal” person by societal “standards”.

Katie

Posted at 7:29 AM on April 7, 2011

B/c they only post the comments that support the view of the magazine or paper. I found that out the other day!

Vickie

Posted at 1:07 AM on April 4, 2011

Seriously? Rigid? Narrow minded? Sexually uptight? Gee… let’s see… Possibly because it is against the law? You know… the law? Oh, but maybe I am just too rigid, or narrow minded, or sexually uptight? What a joke? Hey, I know… let’s all get together and illegally marry each other (more than one man too!… don’t wanna be rigid, narrow minded, or sexually uptight!) and suck off the system… and don’t tell me they aren’t. Oh what a beautiful thing… oh puke!

Susie

Posted at 5:35 AM on April 1, 2011

Why aren’t my comments being posted?

Babette

Posted at 1:58 PM on March 28, 2011

How funny that these idiots ALL filed for bankruptcy and food stamps (wife #3 while her “husband” was getting money from TLC) then they show the jerk/husband riding on a motorcycle and driving around a Lexus luxury sports car and talking about how they all wanted to do the show to erase any stereotypical views of their chosen lifestyle. I think they moved to Nevada to escape prosecution for welfare fraud.
I don’t care what people do, as long as they pay for it themselves and quit leeching off of taxpayers.

MARGO

Posted at 6:32 PM on April 10, 2011

didn’t know about the bankruptcy…… wow!!! another reason to have a child huh???? Sure hope most polygamists support their own.

whatever

Posted at 9:42 AM on March 28, 2011

At first I though Cody was a perv now I totally get it!!!!!A man has 4 wives and doesn’t work! Funny, money gets tight and he marrys another bringing in a possible 4th income. Cody what a scam you have going! Girls the sooner you look past the smooth talking and golden locks the better off you be.

Sam

Posted at 3:58 PM on March 31, 2011

I honestly think that people who are so rigid, narrow minded and sexually uptight that they can’t see the beautiful community/family, the support, the commitment and the high level communication, well, if you can’t see that, you’re just socially backward. Most people who hate this family are just jealous they can’t have that kind of support in their own boring relationships.

tom maynard

Posted at 11:52 PM on April 3, 2011

Why dont the women let more men come into the family?

sue augustino

Posted at 11:40 PM on April 4, 2011

I find this family warped and sickening…..Get a job Daddy, you and all your wives are soo fucking ugly!!! What a disgrace you all are to your children….Its against the law!!! They should all be put in foster or adoptive care.

MARGO

Posted at 6:34 PM on April 10, 2011

:-) I think he said he would find this repulsive…. interesting isn’t it.

wendy brooks

Posted at 9:31 PM on April 10, 2011

Now thats the way i feel,y does he have to have all the fun..and where does he work?Kody is such a pimp,he has the best of both worlds,y dont these women wake up?…wow what a tool these women are.and how can he speak of whats “morally wrong”useing 4 women is wrong,havin all these kids is wrong when he cant suport them on his own…i just feel sorry for the kids and dumb women..and where does he go to church?im just saying!

Tracey

Posted at 3:00 AM on April 5, 2011

Totally agree!!!

johnb

Posted at 4:01 PM on November 18, 2012

Most people who hate them do so because they are completely devoid of intelligence. Their relationship is more boring than most. As far as jealous…what is there to be jealous of? These women are horrid looking and kody is a troll.