'Teen Mom' Leah Struggled With Stretch Marks—Here's How You Can Deal With Them!

Fri, March 25, 2011 10:28am EDT by 18 Comments

Teen Mom 2 star Leah Messer suffered from terrible stretch marks on her stomach after giving birth to the twins. We asked the experts about what you can do about this!

Leah Messer and most of the other Teen Mom girls are definitely not shy about their bodies! But we’re a little concerned about the stretch marks on Leah’s stomach— is there a way to get rid of them?

Celebrity trainer Kathy Kaehler tells us there isn’t much we can do about preventing stretch marks from forming in the first place. “Unfortunately they can be hereditary. If your mom had them you most likely will have them,” she says.

But there is something you can do after you give birth to lessen the appearance of stretch marks. Plastic surgeon Dr. J. David Holcomb says that “stretch marks can be improved with fractional CO2 laser treatments with significant improvement likely after a single treatment.”  This process gives some improvement to the look of stretch marks, but doesn’t actually make them go away forever.  Priced anywhere from $500-$2000, we’re looking at some expensive treatments!

Stretch marks can be directly linked to weight gain and pregnancy. Kathy suggests we keep the skin moisturized and “pray for collagen!”  There isn’t much else we can do, but Kathy advises that any exercise in strength training can help tone your body (and skin)!

There are a bunch of products on the market that promote collagen, which both experts say could help if applied to your growing belly.  Kathy says, “Where you get depressed is spending tons of money of products that won’t work.” Note to self: don’t bother with super expensive creams and serums.  Just stay healthy and don’t gain weight uncontrollably! That sounds easy enough!

–Amanda Chen

Check Out Elle Macpherson’s MUFFIN TOP! Even Models Have Love-Handles!

Amanda Seyfried Uses Toothpaste To Get Rid Of Pimples! Does It Work?

laser stretch mark removal

Posted at 4:32 AM on April 18, 2013

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew
where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?

I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one?
Thanks a lot!

The Nono

Posted at 1:00 PM on April 24, 2012

Terrific paintings! This is the type of info that are meant to be shared around the web. Disgrace on Google for not positioning this put up upper! Come on over and visit my web site . Thanks =)

Maria Yi Lee

Posted at 11:06 PM on February 20, 2012

Let me start off by saying I am in the medical field and have always been told that stretch marks are hereditary. My mother and sister both have stretch marks, but I wasn’t going down without a fight, so after reading the reviews on the Made from Earth organic skincare brand, I found the Aloe & Jojoba Cream Therapy and I ordered it online.

I used it throughout my entire pregnancy…EVERY morning and EVERY night. I started using it at about 8 weeks pregnant. I am so happy to inform anyone who is in doubt of this product that I did not get 1 stretch mark!!!! I was so surprised considering that my mother and sister both have them. For those who are wondering, I carried my baby for 37 4/7 weeks with not one stretchie! If you use the product it WILL work!!!

Bialik

Posted at 11:17 PM on November 8, 2011

I decided to test products on the newest stretch marks I had, which were also the worst ones I’ve ever had and was really looking forward to get rid of. They were bright red, quite long and deep.

I’ve tried Avon stretch mark lotions, Mederma for stretch marks (which I hated and was over-priced), scar removal products, bio-oil, and plain cocoa butter lotions. None of those products worked, but Made from Earth’s Aloe & Jojoba Creme Therapy seems to be doing well. I’ve used about 1/3 of the product (for almost 3 weeks now), trying to remember to use it twice a day but sometimes only once. The product itself has a light citrus fresh smell (which I’m thankful for, the Mederma one I used smelled strongly of hospital soap, ew.), it has a consistency of whipped butter, it’s not oily.

The reason I decided to review it is because I actually do notice a difference which obviously surprises me since I’ve tried SO many things. They’re definitely not as bright red, more of a dull red. They’re a lot softer and not as deep. Once I’ve finished with this container, I plan on getting another one. I really think the Aloe & Jojoba Creme Therapy was a worthwhile purchase. If you do decide to buy this, just remember to use it twice a day and stay patient. I really didn’t notice a difference until almost 3 week’s use, but the difference is obvious.

DanniMin

Posted at 12:00 AM on November 2, 2011

I have a 5 month old daughter and I was lazy in applying anything to my stomach. Well i got dark stretch marks on my belly, my tighs and breasts. My stomach looked like a dried up prune, sounds bad right? On top of that the stretch marks were itchy and I have to say I did scratch them a couple of times. During the pregnancy I barely used lotion, now I wish I had.

After I had my daughter and recovered from the pregnancy I wanted to get rid of my stretch marks. I was recommended the Dr Max Powers Stretch Mark cream. It doesn’t stain my clothes, and it leaves my skin feeling soft. I ate better, exercised when I could, and I have applied the lotion on 2 times a day to those areas. I’m glad I purchased it because the stretch marks are less visible.

Throughout the month, I kept asking my mom to see my belly. She was very glad to see my stretch marks are going away. My stretch marks are now lighter, smoother and less visible. I am happy to say the ones on my tighs are practically gone and my stomach looks less like a dried up prune! I am glad with the results so far and I’m looking forward to another month of using this lotion!

Kat

Posted at 6:47 AM on March 28, 2011

LOL stupid headline

“Teen Mom’ Leah Struggled With Stretch Marks”
Uh no shit! My mom has stretch marks and pretty much everyone who has a kid has them! Imagine having two!

Sandy

Posted at 10:35 PM on March 27, 2011

good to know

Nicole

Posted at 3:08 AM on March 6, 2012

I Am thinking of trying the aloe stuff if I can find it somewhere. But my big problem is my saggy skin. I gain about 80 lbs all in my belly and now when I wear jeans it’s just hangs over and I can’t wear a bikini because I look like a wrinkly grandma. Does anybody have a solution to this? I have tried every firming lotion at walmart!!

hisqueen02

Posted at 12:06 AM on March 27, 2011

she shouldnt worry about them she has two beautiful lil baby girls…i wouldnt be embarrassed by them at all…but she does look amazing..wish i had a body like that…after having a kid..

Sara

Posted at 10:36 PM on March 27, 2011

this article not about leah. and she dosnt care.
its abotu stretch marks themselves. learn to read!

Lala

Posted at 11:55 PM on March 26, 2011

I think Leah looks great, stretch marks and all. Yes, you can see them, but she can rock them! I think with twins, you have double the risk of having stretch marks and I think her skin did very well for having twins. It bounced back nicely, and I don’t think she should be ashamed.

Also, I have heard that fractional laser surgery isn’t that effective, and you will be paying a lot for little results, but I think with time stretch marks look better and better, and new mommies need to keep that in mind, and I think Leah’s will improve significantly within the next 1-2 years and even after that.

Sara

Posted at 10:37 PM on March 27, 2011

did your stretch marks improve? or are you just guessing at this?

me

Posted at 7:54 PM on March 26, 2011

she looks great for having twins…and good for her to wear a bikini, stretch marks aren’t the end of the world and almost all woman who gave birth have them.

Kimmy

Posted at 7:08 PM on March 26, 2011

She definately got her figure back! I do love the way she is not afraid to show them.

yeah yeah

Posted at 3:19 PM on March 26, 2011

dude you are so stupid! if you dont want stretch marks maybe you shouldnt have a baby at 16 or watever you are.

Kimmy

Posted at 7:05 PM on March 26, 2011

I couldn’t see how you could get around them when you have twins. Then again my doctor said “If you are going to get them, you are going to get them. There is no way out.” Doctors aren’t too hip on all the lotions and creams.

Alana

Posted at 4:38 PM on March 27, 2011

It doesn’t matter what age you are a-hole, your body is stretching that’s why there called stretch marks. I was 24 when I had my first child and I got stretch marks.

Deionne

Posted at 2:27 PM on March 25, 2011

why doesnt she just use bio oil or vitamin e cream. not even close to being as expensive but still works