Selena Gomez Is Starring In A Brand-New Disney Reality Show!

Fri, March 25, 2011 4:24pm EDT by 40 Comments

Getty Images

HollywoodLife.com has learned exclusively Selena Gomez is shooting a reality series that’s similar to ‘Punk’d’ but with Disney Channel stars! Is she taking notes from her boyfriend and notorious prankster, Justin Bieber?

Wizards of Waverly Place is wrapping it’s final season on the Disney Channel, but Selena Gomez isn’t going anywhere! HollywoodLife.com has learned exclusively the 18-year-old starlet is in the process of shooting an “alternative series” for Disney Channel in which she pranks other Disney celebs!

“Selena shot the pilot and it’s basically like Ashton Kutcher‘s old show, Punk’d, but with the Disney kids,” a source close to Selena tells us. “Selena was having a ton of fun with it. She’s a goof ball at heart.”

We haven’t been able to get a hold of Disney for confirmation. However, we did chat with Zoo Productions, the company who’s helping create the show, and they said they couldn’t talk about it at this time. Sounds like it’s a go to us!

Selena’s boyfriend, Justin Bieber, is famous for his pranks both on tour and over the phone. Do YOU think he’s giving his girl advice? Would YOU watch a reality show like this one on Disney? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson, with reporting by Russ Weakland

Obsessed with Selena? Follow Kirstin on Twitter!

ashley

Posted at 7:59 PM on January 22, 2012

i mean like its ok for her to get a new show i messed up in my last message

ashley

Posted at 7:57 PM on January 22, 2012

im sad though she had to end wizards of waverly place but im overjoyed that shes trying something new..but i hope u follow your talent like i said in my last message.bbut its ok selena is a mature person she knows what shes doing…just know i will always love you and i wish u were my sister.SELENA YOUR MY ROLE MODEL AND I CARE ABOUT YOU I LOVE YOU….I KNOW I WAS CRYING WHEN WIZARDS OF WAVERLY PLACE WENT OFF BUT THATS OK SHES GROWN TO BE A GREAT PERSON….I HAVE FAITH IN YOU!!!!!

ashley

Posted at 7:42 PM on January 22, 2012

i think this is a good idea for her.i love her so much i think she should go through with it.i mean justin is a good pranker himself.soo yea u go selena…she probably learning some things from him…but come on guys have some spirit she can do things on her own shes very smart…SO SELENA U FOLLOW WHAT U THINK IS RIGHT….I LOVE U JUSTIN AND SELENA U MAKE A GOOD COUPLE……….<3

Selena fan till the end

Posted at 9:20 PM on January 21, 2012

Sel, you will always be my fave. I was crying when wizards of waverly pace ended I’m so glad it’s another show with my fave star you should see my bed room every wall is covers in her!!!❤your number 1 fan

austin

Posted at 10:11 PM on January 11, 2012

Hey I love the idea of selena making another show because I think she is a great actor. I hope for sure it will be on Disney channel because I don’t have any other kid channel. I think she is hot and will do great. I just wish wizards of waverly place did not end.

marcus

Posted at 11:27 AM on January 8, 2012

No don’t stop wizards of waverly place and please make another movie and make it with a lot of twists but I’m definetly going to love the new show I hope she pranks all the characters from the show

tin

Posted at 11:22 AM on January 8, 2012

Sees man I’ve be watching wizards of waverly place for 6 years and I don’t want it to end at least one more show but I can’t wait for the other show she is doing.

Mary

Posted at 7:04 PM on December 30, 2011

I hope she Dosent leave Disney just keeps on being I other programes when her programs finsh cause she is a fantastic rolemodel and actress better for young kids to follow her then Miley Cyrus cause she is appropriate. And Justin should be in the prank programme to with Selena that would be cool

aletha

Posted at 8:28 PM on October 10, 2011

i cant bleve slena gomeze is with justen befer and her show wiserds of wafely place is going to be fiesd.

emma

Posted at 6:56 PM on August 20, 2011

I’ve been watching wizards of waverly place for 4 years on Disney Channel. Its been my favorite show on Disney it stars my favorite celebs . I can’t believe its almost over I’m gonna miss it very much a lot.

Raquel

Posted at 8:45 PM on August 17, 2011

OMG i’m so sad wizards of waverly place is ending I grew up with that show. I love selena so I’m glad she won’t be away 4 long

azul

Posted at 2:21 AM on August 7, 2011

omg bigggggggggggggg fan of selena my room is full of her pics o_o :0 :) love selena whhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo you rock sel ps… my b-day is on july like her and the same day omggggggggggggggggggggggggggg………thx seL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disney Spotter

Posted at 6:33 PM on March 28, 2011

People, if it was fake don’t you think Disney would be quick to say so, no, they can’t talk about it which implies it is still in development stages. I also tried contacting like a whole list of their people with no reply at all.

selena's admiror

Posted at 11:32 AM on March 27, 2011

i always liked punk’d…. but i felt sad when it got over
& now when my most fav girl in the world is doing a show like that i will never never ever miss it & cant really wait for it to come on tv……………….. so happy hearing this news…………!!

JJ

Posted at 11:33 PM on March 26, 2011

I never did like punkd thought it was stupid.
I like Gomez Wish she would do something different than this.
Something with a plot their is to many reality show and talk show on tv right now and most of them stink.

Rose

Posted at 10:42 AM on March 26, 2011

I’m very confused, right now. Didn’t Selena Gomez say that Wizards is coming to an end and that she’ll eventually leave disney ones they start filming the sequel to the movie. I mean she said that to a thousand interviews and like what Honey said, she could’ve just given us a clue. She always does. I would love to see her take on a different role, I’m so tired of her BEING on disney, I just want her to get involved in films and if she does this reality show then everything will fall apart. SELENA PLEASE DON’T DO THIS!!! You’ll regret it.

27 rules

Posted at 4:20 PM on March 26, 2011

umm sorry honey, but Selena Gomez is one of the most careful and gifted actress’s so I really don’t think that she would do something if she knew she was gonna regret it.

elira

Posted at 10:50 PM on March 26, 2011

i hate herr she is suck

nick

Posted at 11:14 PM on March 26, 2011

ur mean

dale

Posted at 12:26 AM on April 8, 2011

u stink lil punk selena is the best

nick

Posted at 11:13 PM on March 26, 2011

i like her on disney

sarah

Posted at 2:37 AM on March 26, 2011

actually it is dumbasses its on 3 other websites

whynot?

Posted at 7:26 PM on March 25, 2011

Why don’t you think this is real? They don’t make this stuff up. Additionally, if you feel the need to read other sites to see if this is true, why are you on this site in the first place? Weird.

javi

Posted at 7:22 PM on March 25, 2011

i don’t think this is real but if it is could be good for her doing someting like this she stays active even if it is on disney but i don’t see her hosting a reality show i see her on a big network sitcom like friends or the big bang theory i have to check real hollywood sites like h.reporter or ew.

Honey

Posted at 5:07 PM on March 25, 2011

I . . . I don’t think this is true at all!!! Don’t get me wrong I love SELENA GOMEZ! I’m a huge fan but I wanted her out in disney for so long because I wanted her to do great movies and transition herself as a more serious actress. She said so herself that she’s leaving disney and be on her own again. I mean she would’ve told us, you know give as a clue. It’s all based on LIES!!!! I want Selena to NOT be on disney anymore!

whynot?

Posted at 7:28 PM on March 25, 2011

just because you want her to do great movies and transition herself as a more serious actress doesn’t mean she isn’t doing a reality show. Hello! Reality check needed ‘Honey’.

Jolie

Posted at 4:58 PM on March 25, 2011

She needs get out of disney nobody wants a brenda song part 2… Well anyways I dont like her and her acting isn’t that good..

Keely

Posted at 4:26 PM on March 25, 2011

Wizards of Waverly Place sucks…
And Disney Reality Show? Defiently, gonna be super scripted, like the bachelor. This stuff is sh*t

Sean

Posted at 4:45 PM on March 25, 2011

if your gonna be negative….then DONT comment!!!!! BTW, WIZARDS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

izzy

Posted at 5:55 PM on March 25, 2011

yh it is good adont you need to go to specksavers i hear there a sale on :) lol

she is a good actress dont dis her !

dale

Posted at 12:28 AM on April 8, 2011

u sick big ones lil slut

dale

Posted at 12:30 AM on April 8, 2011

u suck big ones lil slut leave her alone

hp

Posted at 4:19 PM on March 25, 2011

wizards of waverly place is awesome so i bet this one will be too!Cause Selena is in it!

hp

Posted at 4:18 PM on March 25, 2011

i cannot wait to watch it!She is one of my favourite actresses and singers!She is funny and awesome!

Sean

Posted at 3:37 PM on March 25, 2011

YES!!!! NOW I WONT FEEL AS BAD ABOUT WIZARDS ENDING…..I CANT WAIT FOR THIS SHOW!!

david b conway

Posted at 12:47 AM on March 28, 2011

dear hollywood life web site , hi my name is david conway and my comments to this issue here i know that this is the last season of wiards of waverly place , but just as long that selena gomez is doing this reailty tv series can she do both tv series just on the disney channel , and i do have news just for selena marie gomez , did she know that her old tv series will be having 35 new tapings of episodes just for her wizards tv series just for the last season 4 , love david b conway