Rebecca Black Already A Millionaire — In Less Than A Week!

Tue, March 22, 2011 2:35pm EDT by 21 Comments

Rebecca’s ‘Friday’ has already earned the singer over a million dollars based on downloads — is every girl going to start making a music video for $2,000?

Once again, Rebecca Black is having the last laugh! The singer, whose song “Friday” became a viral sensation in just a matter of days, has incurred over 2 million downloads which, at the iTunes payout rate of $ .70 a single, has earned the singer roughly $1.4 million. Looks like Rebecca isn’t feeling so maligned and ridiculed now!

That’s not all either. The $2,000 Rebecca’s mom shelled out for the video is the only cost that has been incurred, with no marketing, advertising or touring budget to worry about.

Ark Music Factory also stands to profit with Rebecca on the YouTube end. As Forbes reports, “the site makes about $1 per thousand page views. For videos running ads as part of the revenue sharing program, that revenue is then split between YouTube and the content creator. Content creators, or partners, take 68% of the profit. At 30,000,000 views, that lands Black and Ark Music Factory $20,000 – a 1000% return on investment.” Rebecca may just be, percentage wise, one of the most profitable acts ever.

One thing is for sure — there are going to be a lot of teenage girls asking for their own song and music video!

Rebecca better get busy penning that next song!

So what do you think HollywoodLifers — did Rebecca earn her money or is this a joke?

South African Hunting

Posted at 11:20 AM on July 10, 2012

My brother suggested I may like this web site. He was once entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can not believe just how much time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

Friday Rebecca Black Video

Posted at 8:31 AM on May 15, 2012

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It really helpful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to provide one thing back and aid others like you aided me.

TeenagePopStarr

Posted at 4:08 PM on April 16, 2012

That’s not fair I want a video too!
Check out my YouTube channel at TeenagePopStarr and subscribe please. I want to EARN this the awesome way:)

Jeff

Posted at 2:55 PM on March 26, 2011

2 million downloads, would net 1.4mil, but she would have to split with songwriters, producers, and record label, which would have left approx her 200,000. But according to soundscan as of beginning for last week, she has sold 37,000 downloads. Grossing her approx 4000 bucks, Far cry from a millionaire. If anything her parents double their money. Nice short term turn around.

Hi

Posted at 8:08 PM on September 24, 2011

No, she bought the video. She owns all the rights.

LaughAtYou

Posted at 7:42 AM on March 25, 2011

I totally support this girl! I am not a jealous adult who hates on children! It’s not my favorite song nor do I even think it’s good but man, the girl has integrity and an apparent zest for life which most of you walking dead don’t.

Good luck with your sad, pathetic lives and feel free to rant in return ALL YOU WANT, I’m never coming back here because in a few seconds, I’ll be moving on my life!

Bye, simpletons!

RB

Posted at 5:28 PM on March 23, 2011

Where did you get 2 Million paid downloads from? I get soundscan and it only sold 37,155 total as of this week…at 70 cents that sure wouldn’t make you a millionaire …just saying lol

sylvia

Posted at 7:14 AM on March 23, 2011

is FRYYYY EEG! please somebody stop this broad! please quit…it was a good joke…but no…no more songs!

Rob

Posted at 2:13 AM on March 23, 2011

This cunt shouldn’t be allowed to OWN a computer, much less be visible on one. People should be ashamed of themselves for making this shit popular. Seriously. But they won’t be, because we are a shitty society with no regard for actual goddamn talent anymore.

Can 2012 get here sooner? This planet needs to explode.

jason

Posted at 1:29 AM on March 23, 2011

I could literally take a poop, tell it to sing, and it would be better than the crap I heard her sing on YouTube.

OMG…western civilization is doomed.

HAHAHAHA

Posted at 11:14 PM on March 22, 2011

i just noticed how bad her friends in the car dance lmao. it’s so pathetic.

HAHAHAHA

Posted at 11:11 PM on March 22, 2011

We don’t hate her because she’s famous
She’s famous because we hate her

so sad.

oh

Posted at 9:08 PM on March 22, 2011

WOW. .. . . at first i was like meh… but then i was like UGH ok then.
im not gonna hate on rebecca black. she seems niceish.
but she cant sing, sorry.

Ivonne

Posted at 9:45 PM on March 22, 2011

Wow this is just plain wrong the only reason she is getting so many views is because people are making fun of her.People Should view the videos with people who have actual talent not this trash.

melissa

Posted at 6:28 PM on March 22, 2011

WTF? just for this dumbass piece of shit song she doesnt deserve to be famous

anom

Posted at 5:03 PM on March 22, 2011

WTF! this chick cannot sing!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Posted at 4:44 PM on March 22, 2011

WHAT DID SHE DO TO DESERVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HER MOM PAID 2,000 DOLLARS TO HAVE THIS LAME VIDEO MADE I KNOW SHE”S THIRTEEN AND ALL AND WE SHOULDN”T TALK ABOUT HER IN A ADULT MANNER SO I WON”T CALL HER NAMES BuT HOPEFULLY SHE DoES SoMETHING USEFUL WITH THIS UNDESERVING MONEY MAYBE SAVE UP FOR COLLEGE OR I KNOW JAPAN!!!!!!IF SHE”S GOING TO TRY TO BE FAMOUS SHE MIGHT AS WELL GET A HEADSTART ON HER HuMANITARIAN AND CHARITY WORK.

pipe laya

Posted at 7:33 PM on March 22, 2011

what did she do to deserve this? she made a terrible song and people thought it was hilarious. whether people think its amazing or terribly horrible people still watched it and bought the song.
Its her money that she rightfully earned. just because the music isn’t amazing doesn’t mean that she doesn’t deserve it.
screw japan, she should keep her money.

to pipa laya

Posted at 8:32 PM on March 22, 2011

ARE you kookoo bananas i’m with Unbeleivable on this one she did absolutely nothing to earn that type of money HER MOTHER PAID THEM TO MAKE THAT VIDEO all this girl had to do was stand in front of greenscreen and mouth the words there’s nothing deserving about it all these struggling musicians who work so hard to get such little success are looking at this like WTF!!

o.O

Posted at 4:28 PM on March 22, 2011

seriously?? this song is a joke! she cant sing and the lyrics are dumb!

----

Posted at 12:05 PM on March 22, 2011

I think it’s true but canät belive this is happening!? I mean really the most people not even likte the song, or..?? Well some maybe but after what I ahve seen not many…. but good for her!