Check out the six things you never knew about Elizabeth Berkley!
You may remember Elizabeth Berkley, 38, as brainy babe Jessie Spano on Saved by the Bell, a character that we could all relate to, as she struggled with teenage crushes, friendship drama, and the constant pressures of schoolwork and social obligations! We were excited to find out that Elizabeth has been devoting her time to helping teenage girls who struggle with matters of body image, personal relationships, dating, and much more!
In fact, her book, Ask Elizabeth, comes out today, and includes tons of personal stories, advice from Berkley, as well as other experts. She already has a ton of celebrity fans, including Blake Lively, Cameron Diaz, and Vanessa Hudgens. Clearly, she knows what she’s talking about! Check out six things you didn’t know about Elizabeth Berkley (including her fave Saved by the Bell moments!).
1. Growing up, I used to have a little room in my basement in Michigan where I would practice tap until I fell asleep at night!
2. Two of my favorite moments on Saved By The Bell were the “Buddy Bands” and the “Put Your Mind To It” videos.
3. From time-to-time I have been known to flash the “goddess hands” on request for die-hard Showgirls fans. You can watch for pictures of this on my Dailybooth account.
4. My favorite way to decompress at night is to take a bath.
5. When I was little, I used to watch Shirley Temple on Saturdays. “Good Ship Lollypop” was my favorite!
6. Over the last 5 years I have worked with over 30,000 girls in middle schools and high schools. This volunteer work led me to create the book, Ask Elizabeth. Currently, I’m on my book tour, and you can ask me questions on my Dailybooth or Twitter accounts!