Image Experts: Chris Brown's Rampage Won't Hurt His Image — Nobody Saw It!

Tue, March 22, 2011 6:04pm EDT by 22 Comments
Splashnews.com

Splashnews.com

HollywoodLife.com consulted with three image experts who all believe Chris Brown’s fans will stand by him once again. However, his Dancing with the Stars appearance is another story…

After his interview to promote his new album on Good Morning America March 22, Chris Brown reportedly went on a rampage, destroying his dressing room and smashing a glass window overlooking the street. Even though his outburst only reminded the world of his domestic assault against Rihanna two years ago, three image experts tell HollywoodLife.com they doubt the 21-year-old singer will suffer any consequences from his behavior. In other words, Chris’ fans will stand by him through thick and thin!

“I don’t think it will hurt album sales. He’s very well accepted. I can’t see this as an issue,” Los Angeles-based celebrity image expert Michael Sands says, adding Chris probably shouldn’t have agreed to an interview in the first place.

“If Chris Brown was smart they never would have let him do an interview on GMA,” he says. “He should have just sung a song and walked out. In light of what happened [with Rihanna], that should have been how he handled it.”

Celebrity publicist and founder of Garis PR & Media Group R. J. Garis agrees with Sands and believes Chris will profit from the added exposure.

“I think in the end, this incident will actually help his album sales,” he tells us. “His fan base is already well aware of his personality and his history. In fact, all the media and Internet attention on this story today just provides more promotion for the fact that the album just dropped. It’s like getting a million times more free mentions and plugs about the new album than he would have gotten with just a regular GMA promo appearance.”

Even though Chris is receiving more attention that he would have otherwise, it might not be a complete walk in the park. Glenn Selig, founder of The Publicity Agency, thinks he’ll still have a few minor repercussions.

“[The rampage] could certainly harm him in trying to get a broader audience,” Selig says, adding he wouldn’t be surprised if ABC pulled the plug on Chris’ upcoming Dancing with the Stars performance. “ABC has a history of cancelling people. Do they want this with a family show? I don’t know.”

(According to The Hollywood Reporter, ABC reps are standing by Chris and issued a statement saying, “Chris Brown is performing on Dancing with the Stars on Tuesday, March 29.”)

So what’s the next step for Chris? As we reported, we saw the star walking through New York City this afternoon with a big smile on his face and even taking photos with fans. Our experts think Chris should react to what happened and then move on and not address the incident further.

Suggests Selig, “In today’s day, tweeting could be enough. Does he need a whole interview? No. But it could be a statement or a tweet saying, ‘I expect more of myself. I’m sorry.'”

Did Chris’ outburst change YOUR opinion of him? Are you more or less likely to buy his new album now? Sound off below!

Kirstin Benson

Want more Chris Brown? Read more!
Click here to read about Chris and Rihanna!
Click here to see photos of the window!

penis girth

Posted at 5:23 PM on June 17, 2012

Thanks for your article. I would also love to say that the health insurance dealer also works well with the benefit of the coordinators of a group insurance cover. The health agent is given a summary of benefits searched for by somebody or a group coordinator. What any broker does is search for individuals or perhaps coordinators which best match those desires. Then he gifts his suggestions and if both sides agree, the particular broker formulates a legal contract between the two parties.

Free ebook

Posted at 7:48 AM on June 16, 2012

Thank you for any other informative web site. Where else may just I am getting that type of information written in such a perfect way? I have a venture that I’m just now operating on, and I’ve been at the look out for such info.

chris brown is a loser

Posted at 10:12 AM on April 4, 2011

chris brown should no longer have a singing career or acting career after all he has pulled. children should not see him as a role model or listen to anything he has to say. people who support him and buy his music is just as bad as he is.

Booger

Posted at 5:17 PM on March 26, 2011

Why is this loudmouth negro in the news? Who cares about chris brown.

Rindy

Posted at 3:41 PM on March 25, 2011

I wouldn’t wish to see Chris Brown on the streets and start nothing with him. He may have hit a women but don’t think that Chris Brown is someone you can just take face to face. You don’t know the history behind Chris Brown when it comes to self defence period. Chris Brown is very skilled in martial arts, boxing, and etc. This boy knows alot of arts and it is not just drawing. Don’t go thinking you can start something you cant get out of now. Tenkate

Rindy

Posted at 3:30 PM on March 25, 2011

I believe Chris Brown will get a role in acting anywhere. If Charlie Sheen, Mel Gibson, Terrance Howard, Eminem can get roles in acting with domestic violence back ground than Chris Brown can to. Even a role in a family sitcom. You better believe it people.

JAMES

Posted at 9:06 AM on March 25, 2011

LEAVE HIM ELONE AND TALK ABOUT WATS HAPPENIG IN JAPAN, LIBYA SYRIA, YEMEN ETC OK

ben

Posted at 9:03 AM on March 25, 2011

CB FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK ANYONE ELSE

danny

Posted at 12:16 PM on March 23, 2011

I don’t support WOMAN BEATERS.

End of story.

Dan

Posted at 5:55 AM on March 23, 2011

Defo gonna stick by him I bought the album yesterday hes the best out there end of….

Zanele

Posted at 5:31 AM on March 23, 2011

It is going to be hard for me to keep defending him after this, he has an anger problem that needs to be addressed.

Afah Dalah

Posted at 2:25 AM on March 23, 2011

Smashing a window in your home when you’re angry is okay. Smashing a window at a television station after you have a history of trying to rearrange your girlfriends face with your fists, shows that he not only still has issues with his anger and chances are we are going to see him hurt someone and go to prison in the future. Will he ever get offered a role in a family sit-com ? Doubtful .. Will he sell more albums in the projects. Absolutely.

MizzVirgi

Posted at 10:53 PM on March 22, 2011

What happen isn’t going to change anything for me I’m still going to buy his album. Wasn’t able to buy it today but will be going tomorrow. It seems to me it did’t affect it at all as the album was sold out in some stores today. As people need to separate the person with the artist, and Chris brown as a artist is very talented.

tenkate

Posted at 10:13 PM on March 22, 2011

dudes an idiot, hes a spoiled little _____. to many talented people out there to give this kid the time of day. man it sucks though, i wish i could run into him somewhere. how easy would it be to get him to lose his temper and bammm, super payday from the ghetto crybaby that hits chicks. go buy his mainstream garbage and be sure to stop by hollister on your way outta the mall. he needs to take some cues from some stars that actually hamdle the pressure or find a new career. he needs to realize that he will get hella questions from people simply because HE BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF A CHICK…you people are garbage, you saw the pictures of her and now your giving this idiot money? you need to reevaluate your way of thinking.

Kayley

Posted at 10:58 PM on March 22, 2011

Screw you!! I wonder what YOU do behind closed doors because i doubt if YOU are perfect……

danny

Posted at 12:15 PM on March 23, 2011

“I wonder what YOU do behind closed doors because i doubt if YOU are perfect……” … I bet you $100 that “tenkate” has never smashed in a woman’s face as badly as Chris Breezy has.

It really is disgusting that people are so idiotically blind to support this fool. I can’t wait til he blows it again.

Donna

Posted at 9:22 PM on March 22, 2011

I just brought Chris’s CD and I love it. I will always be a fan of Chris Brown, although I do think what he did was dumb as hell!!!! I just think he needs better people around him!!! His peeps should have prepared him for whatever questions came his way. Does he even have mature peeps around him i.e Tina Davis and his mother…

MissVampireDiaries

Posted at 9:09 PM on March 22, 2011

His album is amazing!! I had to go on a mission to find a deluxe album! Stupid biatchessss were buying 5, 6 deluxe albums at a time. No way was I going to Walmart, I wanted the explicted deluxe version! Finally found it at fye!! yea!!

now playing: chris brown ft justin bieber “next to you”

LEB

Posted at 8:41 PM on March 22, 2011

I bought his FAME cd today and it is amazing! I hope the media leaves him alone and moves on because there are so many other pressing issues in the world than to focus on tearing this young down by constantly bringing up the past.

Lawrence Buchér

Posted at 7:22 PM on March 22, 2011

What a douche-bag- not Chris Brown, but GMA’s Robin Roberts. I mean seriously? What’s a person gotta do to move past a past? Isn’t “guilty” enough for the “rating-seeking” media vultures? I guess not. And the media is ready to jump all over him, even after enticing conflict with condescending laughter and repeatedly asking a question she knew CB wanted to avoid- and why wouldn’t he? So, all this idiot (Robin) is left to do is desperately re-direct the interview and move it from an agenda to promote an album, to an all-too-familiar sucker-punch?.

GMA you guys are disgusting.

Lawrence Bucher (IMDB)

Stan

Posted at 7:03 PM on March 22, 2011

I tweeted Chris Brown when it happened, as a fan. I said the same thing to him. That he should send them a fruit basket and say “Sorry’.. Especially since they didn’t cancel his upcoming preformance on “dancing with the stars” its the highest rated show on TV, and an honor. So before he go on that show, he better make it right. instead of crying about how the Media does him dirty, he better make sure he treats the Media outlets with respect that allow him to be featured. ABC is standing by him. So he need to say Sorry, and give the fans the best preformance of his life.

cwhat

Posted at 8:00 PM on March 22, 2011

no. they need to leave that old mess alone. he is trying to move forward. it’s about his music. It made me think less of Robin. I guess someone has to do the dirty work for the network.