Russ At Idol: J. Lo Loves Stefano, I Love The Black Eyed Peas & No One Likes Randy Jackson!

Fri, March 18, 2011 3:45pm EST by 8 Comments

While in the audience for last night’s American Idol, I saw who the judges like the most and who doesn’t like the judges! Plus, I now have a man crush on the Black Eyed Peas!

At the American Idol stages, you are bound to see almost anything, so when I took my seat, I was excited for the night to start and to see the Black Eyed Peas. Last month, when I saw them at the Super Bowl, I got my first taste of them live and last night they didn’t disappoint during the performance of their new song, “Just Can’t Get Enough.” Everyone at home saw the flawless performance on TV, but they actually pre-taped the performance and it took them twice to get the song in the can, as they were stopped mid-performance because of an Idol tech problem.

At that point, I thought someone from the band would be upset and possibly have a DIVA moment, but all of them laughed it off and started all over again, to the delight of the 700 plus fans in attendance. Everyone was talking about the performance and was looking forward to the replay during the live telecast.

Something else people were looking forward to was screaming their love and devotion for Idol judges Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez. Even Ryan Seacrest got some love from eager screaming fans. The judges were in bright spirits and gave a wave right back to anyone who greeted them. Sadly, one person who got little love was long-time judge and producer, Randy Jackson. I almost felt bad for Randy — he was looking for his shout out that never even came. It wasn’t embarrassing or anything, but I did notice it.

The rest of the show was pretty much predictable. When reigning American Idol Lee DeWyze performed, the Idol hopefuls were jamming along. Only one person seemed not to care much about the performance. Jacob Lusk wasn’t bobbing his head along to the music, and even joked with Paul McDonald that the performance was, “Just all right!”

Randy Jackson made sure to hug Lee after a pretty great rendition of his single, “Beautiful Like You,” and have a quick reconnection of sorts.

Randy and Lee weren’t the only ones to have a special connection. Jennifer Lopez obviously loves everything that Stefano does, so after the show was done, she b-lined it to give him her first hug. Of course, he was beaming as they embraced. I would be excited too!

There you have it, HollywoodLifers – my complete behind-the-scenes report. What did YOU think of the results show last night? Did you love seeing Lee DeWyze back on the Idol stage? What do you think of Stefano and J. Lo’s undeniable connection? Sound off below!

Russ Wekland

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Elisa

Posted at 6:00 PM on March 20, 2011

It’s obvoious that JLO has a crush on Stephano. But I think its cute. The guy has an amazing voice and is adorible. She might be married but shes not dead. I think his voice reminds her of a younger version of her husband. Stephano, Pia And James should be the top 3.

corrine

Posted at 12:03 AM on March 20, 2011

I could not wait to see lee again. he did great. love his passion for music. his voice is very addicting.cant wait for his next preformance. love you lee

Anna

Posted at 9:02 PM on March 19, 2011

Aww – I love Jennifer’s love for Stefano. It’s not a sexy crush, it’s a big sister, protective love. She believes in him and wants him to do well – that’s why she gets so excited when the audience likes his song. I think she’s backed him from the beginning, like the other two have backed their favorites, getting them to the Top 24 and then the W/C. He’s her pick and she’s going to back him all the way. Steven continues to be blind to Naima’s weaknesses….

Sammy

Posted at 6:50 PM on March 19, 2011

I ONLY watched AI10 to see Lee DeWyze…took 9 seasons of watching to find the perfect Idol. The emotional connection this guy has with his music and the addictive voice he delivers it in has made me a fan. His Live It Up album has been in my car since November 18 and it hasn’t moved out of my CD player since then. BTW I drive 50 miles Roundtrip. I bought another CD for fear this one would “wear out” :)

Blondie Blue

Posted at 6:33 PM on March 19, 2011

I loved seeing Lee back at Idol and he did a great job. I believe this man has great talent and has not been given the props he deserves. It seems his record label all but abandoned him almost as soon as they signed him. Where’s all the promotion? Why aren’t they getting him out there to be seen and heard? I am from the south and NO radio stations here are playing his music! Why is that? Something is just not right!
Lee has an amazing ability to connect with his music like no other-he makes you feel what he feels when he sings. And he doesn’t have to have a gimmick or jump around the stage….all he needs is a guitar and he can win you over!

Jean Johnson

Posted at 2:55 PM on March 19, 2011

I love Lee DeWyze’s music as he makes each song so personal for his audience. I was excited that the Idol contestants seemed to enjoy it, I really liked watching Casey’s reaction as I believe that he is quite knowledgeable in music. I don’t think Jacob knows that much about music to take his comment seriously. Lee has benefited from The Idol a lot and his advice to the contestants was right on because if you come on to the show for the right reason. . . Music, then that is what you concentrate on, Lee did that and has reaped the rewards. I was disappointed in Steven Tyler’s reaction to Lee. Go Lee, this senior fan will be yourfanfor life!

ritakatya

Posted at 10:09 PM on March 18, 2011

Speaking of Lee Dewyze, I am a huge fan. I like everything about the guy: his soulful delivery, his unique powerful voice, his music, and his lyrics (I’m aware that’s this is the only song from CD that is not written by him). To me Lee stands way apart from everyone else in terms of connecting with a song. He is not flashy, he doesn’t perform much, he simply lives his music on stage. I have never seen such deep emotional connection in any artist ever, and I have been around the block a few times.
I think Jennifer is in love with Stefano since day one. He looks a lot like her husband but much younger, so it makes perfect sense. It’s like she tries to hide it, but it’s not working really well, the sparks are flying pretty obviously.

thanks

Posted at 6:05 PM on March 18, 2011

woo thanks for the info. Stefano is so hot!