'Teen Mom 2' Stars Leah, Kailyn & Jenelle Are Desperate For Money!

Wed, March 16, 2011 12:15pm EDT by 40 Comments

Courtesy of MTV

While their names and faces are recognized in the media, these teen mommies are ready and eager to rake in the dough — whether it’s for the good of their kids or not!

It seems like the MTV reality show has made these Teen Moms money-crazy! Leah Messer, Kailyn Lowry and Jenelle Evans are all looking to strike while the iron’s hot and bring home the money. And they each have their own idea on how to cash in. Spin-offs anyone?

Leah, 20, whose marriage to Corey Simms might be on the rocks, wants to make sure she can provide for her 14-month-old twin daughters Aleeah and Aliannah. She is currently combining her Teen Mom income with the little money she makes at her part-time dental assistant job and she’s struggling to keep her family afloat. (Also figure in baby Ali’s medical bills). Her plan to make money once the show ends? A spin-off series!

“Leah pitched a spin-off show about her life as a mature mom and wife,” a family friend tells In Touch. “She knows it’s the best way to provide for her family.”

Kailyn, 19, on the other hand is contemplating writing a self-help book in order to make some extra cash. Without her mom or ex Jo Rivera and his family’s help, Kailyn has to provide for herself and 14-month-old Isaac on a $7.25 an hour salary. (Plus her Teen Mom money). She “wants to write an advice book to help young girls who struggled like she did,” a source tells In Touch.

Lastly, Jenelle, 19, who is trying to leave her wild ways behind so that she can regain custody of her 1-year-old son Jace, from her mother Barbara, is confident that “MTV will hire her as a film editor when the show is over.” And she better hope so! Jenelle just blew $16,000 on a new Volkswagen Jetta and drops her paychecks on designer clothes.

So, would you like to see these three girls fulfill any of these money-making dreams?

–Leigh Blickley

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Join Scentsy Deutschland Sell Scentsy Deutschland Become a Scentsy Consultant Canada Sell Scentsy Online Sell Scentsy Candles from Home Sell Candle from Home Sell Candles from Home Start a Candle Business Online Work from Home Business Ideas for the Disab

Posted at 8:24 AM on April 7, 2012

Thanx for this information and keep up the good work in this website. Cheers!

Aliya Johnson

Posted at 1:03 AM on February 15, 2012

Hey I am a mother of 2 and just finish with there dad so I wanted to say I know where your at and it hard it’s not just something u can get over and don’t take nothing from any one I took stuff from my baby daddy for 4 years of him hitting me and finly got out just think about ur kids know and u should go back to school for something u like

Amanda Brownson

Posted at 12:08 AM on January 25, 2012

Hey I just wanted to say to all you guys you all are good mothers and I know what every single one of u are going threw cause I am a teen mother. All u guys are doin great keep up the good work love all u guys.

Chelsey

Posted at 10:55 PM on December 30, 2011

You have no right to talk about Jennele like that!
Everyone has something they nees to work on and
You missy have a bunch to work on! I have a daughter and a son
and their dad is just like Adam but you know what
Chelsea can’t control who he lives and she happens to love
Adam and he can do whatever!

Naz

Posted at 5:26 AM on May 25, 2011

Kailyn has had multiple jobs. I believe she still has two jobs and is going to school.

Leah has a job but only works one day a week. :/

Jenelle is the one without a job.

rackeal

Posted at 6:56 PM on April 23, 2011

leah seems to be a good mother in front of the cameras,kailyn acts like a good mother in front of cameras too even though shes a slut(my opinion), chelsea seems more down to earth, i dont get a fake vibe from her,but she needs to open her eyes and leave adam whos a man whore. janelle is just going thru problems because of her mother always nagging her, i would be smoking weed too, to manage my anxiety and depression give the girl a break.

Jan G.

Posted at 8:55 PM on March 30, 2011

I know how they can get money—it’s called a J-O-B. They all need to grow up.

i know what it is like!

Posted at 3:28 PM on March 28, 2011

Leah- is my favorite! she is taking care of her twins! i broke down crying when she told Corey that she would be there for ali and that she would do anything for her if she couldnt walk and that she is her mother and thats never going to change thats how a mother should act!

Kailyn- is my other favorite! she is putting her son first and i think she is smart to get everything in writing! and of all the people out there who thinks she shouldnt date Jorden! look at her she works two jobs goes to college and she has to put up with Joe! she desevers to be happy after what shes been through!

Chelsea- she let adam back into the house i wanted to slap her! i thought the fact that she wont let adam see aubree until he pays child support good! keep it up! aubree is so cute! adam you call urself her father when your a huge asshole to her and her mother! she was so talking normal when she called you! you were yelling! and calling aubree a mistake you arent a father! you may have made aubree but you arent a father! sell your fourwheelers and pay some child support! he and Jenelle would be perfect for each other!

Jenelle- you are work! you steal your mother cc and yet you think its ok! you have no job! your son Jace doesnt know you as a mother! he knows you and everything but he knows you as someone who will leave when times get tough! your mother isnt helping yelling at you and you arent helping yelling back! really grow up they both of you! im sorry but i sometimes think Jace is better away from the yelling and crap! just wait one day Jace is going to go up to your mom his grandmother and say hi mom and its going to break ur heart! you say all these things that you are going to do for Jace well stop saying these things and start doing them or are you spending it all on ur boyfriend and your drug problem! stop being a child and start acting like a mother! grow up jenelle or your really going to lose your kid!

If i had a chane i would so want to meet Leah and Kailyn all the way! i have twins so i know what Leah is going through and the father of my twins is a huge asshole like Joe so i know how that feels like! Leah and Kailyn you guys are amazing! you guys are my favorites! good luck with the twins Leah and good luck with iassc Kailyn!

Bristyl

Posted at 2:55 PM on March 28, 2011

why you think that i have no idea! it helps them out with money! i bet if you got knocked up you would like someone to help you too! so think about that!

Michelle

Posted at 1:34 PM on March 21, 2011

this is some of the lamest stuff i’ve heard.. atleast leah & kailyn are working to try to provide for their kids instead of relying on their parents to pay for everything.

been there

Posted at 5:10 PM on March 26, 2011

ashely i am white and i not know what that matters but u all are crazy they are stupid bc they need to grow up they are my age when my first son died they need to thank god for what they have and take care of their children and anyone else that think im crazy or stupid u go through what i have been though and tell me how in the heck u feel bc i look around and see people on drugs that just want food stamps and other help from the goverment so they go out and have as many kids as they can

Sandy LaBarge

Posted at 10:15 PM on March 19, 2011

I enjoy watching teen mom 2 every week. Plus I watch the show again 2 days later cause I might have missed something the first time. I also have my daughter watch the show to. I was wondering how Maci,Amber and Farrah are doing?I can’t believe Leah is two timing? Not sure if I believe that. Thank You

Jess

Posted at 2:55 PM on March 19, 2011

Did anyone commenting on this show learn any basic grammar? I do believe this show was made by morons, for morons, starring morons.

aubrey

Posted at 10:14 PM on March 18, 2011

i think leah is doin a good job but jenell needs 2 stop tryin 2 blame everything on her mom and try takin care of her son instead of runnin every time ….kailyn is doin a good job 2 she always puts her son first…. and jo is a jerk but a good dad

Emily

Posted at 9:24 PM on March 18, 2011

i mean these girls are about 1/2 as popular than the first teen moms, i mean its like doing a remake of a movie, they never do as good in the box offices. they dont need to depend on the show alone to make them money!

JerseyBoy

Posted at 2:26 AM on March 18, 2011

What a joke. These girls had a chance to have there 15 minutes of fame and put money away for there kids, instead then ran around being the immature teenagers that they are. Now look what happened, there money is gone and they are running in circles looking for more ways to line there pockets. How about go into the real world and get a job. I became a father when I was 20 and today at 25 im a single dad who has his son 24/7. If I would have had the chance they did I would have money away for my son and things would be easier instead of struggling like most of the young parents in the US who aren’t fortunate enough to have the extra support. You blew it, get over it, get a real job AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR KIDS!!!

Jan G.

Posted at 11:26 PM on March 22, 2011

How true, JerseyBoy, How true. At least you stepped up to the plate for your little boy. You are to be commended.

LIND-TO-THE-Z

Posted at 7:00 PM on March 17, 2011

CHELSEY- ONLY SMART ONE

JENELLE- IS A DUMB F*** AND HER MOM SHOULD STAY JACES LEAGAL GAURDIAN

KAILYN – IS A SKANK .. PERIOD JO SHUD HAVE FULL CUSTODY

LEAH- I JUST FEEL BAD FOR YOU

Really?!?

Posted at 1:06 PM on March 18, 2011

Chelsey’s the only smart one?!? WTF have you been smoking? She is dumb as a box of rocks!! Her child’s father cursed her out & told her that he wanted nothing to do with her or “that mistake” as he referred to their child. She had her dad pay for a lawyer so that she could gain full custody. Even after all of that, her stupid a$% still allowed him to come back. She is so dumb that she allowed him to run her BF out of their apartment and totally destroyed their relationship. Then she allowed him to live with her rent free!! Please tell me again how she’s the smart one because I REALLY REALLY do not understand!

Jan G.

Posted at 11:23 PM on March 22, 2011

Chelsea’s dad should have grown a pair when Adam mopved into that house!! I would have kicked ALL of them out if it had been me. Chelsea is a freeloader also, and can’t even get her GED!! She’s really using her dad!!

rebekah

Posted at 4:55 AM on March 17, 2011

I feel bad for Jenelle tho. Her mother is terrible!! I love leah! she is doing such a wonderful job raising her girls.

Angela

Posted at 9:59 AM on March 18, 2011

Jenelle should NEVER have custody of Jace. She’s proven to the world that he is not her first concern. Her mother should be given full, permanent custody of that little boy. Jenelle’s attitude and lack of responsibility are infuriating. Barbara should have had her locked up for stealing her credit cards. What a brat!

been their

Posted at 10:51 PM on March 16, 2011

Kailyn u need to put ur son first and worry about dating later and Jenelle u need to grow up i don’t need to take care of a man u need to take care of ur son and leah u need to love corey and not worry about anything but ur family and girls really u have it easy at 18 i got married and pregent in the same year and i had my son at 23 weeks and he passed away after a month and i have a little girl now that i went into labor with 9 time and i am going to have anotherone in oct so u don’t know what is hard until u been in my shoes and i don’t want anyone to feel sorry for me bc god done that to make me stroger me and my husband so take what u got and hold it tight and girls get back with the daddy and make it work for these babys or hey do it ur self

good grief

Posted at 11:34 PM on March 16, 2011

Been Their… It is been THERE…
Some of you are so cruel. These girls have it rough. I feel for Kailyn and all of you are talking so horrible about her. First of all, Joe is an asshole. I cannot put it any other way. His mother should be ashamed at how she raised her son. He is abusive and rude. Issac is much better off being raised by Kailyn, by herself, than continuing the cycle.

ashley

Posted at 5:30 PM on March 17, 2011

Are you black or white been their?

Nicole

Posted at 8:50 PM on March 16, 2011

WOW! seriously! It’s putting memories in teens heads now that if they go on MTV they can make some money.. and I don’t feel sorry for Jenelle. Why buy a $16,000 car when that money can go towards getting stuff for Jace and an apartment. I would of bought a used car for under that much. And who needs designer clothes? I get what Leah and Kailyn are doing, but Jenelle just doesn’t think.I’m not too sure if I would read Kailyn’s book though. Good Luck!

gloria

Posted at 9:20 PM on March 16, 2011

sorry kaylin ur just a dirty girl you had it all a good looking man and his family behind you in everything but you wanted to see other people thats on u

Angela

Posted at 10:14 AM on March 18, 2011

Goodlooking? Really?! He’s repulsive. Ugly from the inside out. He treated that poor girl like dirt under his feet. I’m glad that she’s moved on.

i know what it is like!

Posted at 2:25 PM on March 29, 2011

Angela are you as dumb as you sound! Kaylin is only doing what is best for her son! i have been through what kaylin been through but at a very young age! im only 15 and i had a kid! the baby daddy looked very good looking and he treated me like dirt! so no she isnt a dirty girl! he is no not a good looking man and his family wouldnt let her see Jorden and thats so dumb! she works two jobs and goes to college! Angela what the hell have you been smoking because she isnt a dirty girl you are!

lily

Posted at 8:28 PM on March 16, 2011

Who is bonnie, and why is she always “saying ” something

ashley

Posted at 6:40 PM on March 20, 2011

bonnie is like the person who makes up stuff and post is on this website that bonnie. bonnie is like a devil so don’t mess with her ok.lol!!!!!

Paula

Posted at 5:40 PM on March 16, 2011

I don’t believe Leah is interested in a spin off. I think she is more interested in making her marriage work and her daughter’s health.

Kailyn is a skank – and Jo should be paying child support, his family isn’t hurting.

Jenelle has no brain – and it will be years before she is ever worthy of custody of her son.

Angela

Posted at 10:12 AM on March 18, 2011

Kailyn is blessed to be away from Jo. He’s a major jerk. I felt sorry for her the whole time she was living with his family. Jo treated her like dirt during her pregnancy – he kept trying to get rid her. His parents had to intervene constantly because he was so mean to her. Then, when she finally started getting her life on track with a job and college, he had the nerve to act jealous. He didn’t want her. His family was nice to allow her to live with them, but they only did it for the baby. And I’m sorry, but Jo is UGLY inside and out. He should have considered himself lucky to have Kailyn.

unknown

Posted at 2:19 PM on March 16, 2011

KAILYN SRRY THAT U HAVE TO GO THREW ALL THAT STUFF JUST BE HAPPY I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO U WITHOUT HAVENT TO LEAVE A COMMENT SO I CAN TELL YOU ABOUT THE STUFF I WENT THREW I THINK IT COULD HELP U ALOT I WENT THREW THE SAME THING U WENT THREW SO I KNOW I COULD BE A GOOD EAR TO LISTEN

ashley

Posted at 5:26 PM on March 17, 2011

Why didn’t you put your name down, and you had a baby when you was a teen too, why that is really cool but not @ the same time you know what I mean and what is your real name I won’t tell anybody.

maddy

Posted at 2:01 PM on March 16, 2011

WOW!!!! this is such a bad idea to have teen girls on a show then give them money!!!!!! MTV doesn’t think any more!

unknown

Posted at 2:21 PM on March 16, 2011

not really cause it helps people their age get through life knowing just cause u rich are on tv dosen’t mean your perfect

ashley

Posted at 5:23 PM on March 17, 2011

Maddy what are you talking about it is a great idea for MTv to give them money. You just jealous because you aint getting the money so just don’t talk ok.

Jan G.

Posted at 11:16 PM on March 22, 2011

Maddy, you nailed it!! Ashley, you’re missing the whole point. It’s NOT OK for these teens to get knocked up and then rewarded for it. How many other teen moms DON’T get picked to go on MTV and get money? The money MTV gives them should be placed in a trust fund in the CHILD’S name so the CHILD has money when s/he turns legal age. A much better option would be baby care items instead of money. At least the BABY would have things to aid in its care. Diapers,food, and other necessities are EXPENSIVE!! Furthermore, the babies should have been given up for adoption. Kids have no business having kids.

Rissalee

Posted at 8:30 PM on March 23, 2011

Just because they are born to a young parent doesn’t mean they should have been adopted by someone else. Because you are young doesn’t mean you are not capable of taking care of your child.