Matthew McConaughey Walks Around Naked In Front Of His Kids — Do YOU?

Wed, March 16, 2011 5:17pm EDT by 7 Comments

SplashNews.com

We know Matt has no problem being shirtless around his kids, or anyone for that matter, but apparently he doesn’t mind showing off his man parts to them either!

To me, this is not really a big deal, but to some of you out there, Matthew McConaughey‘s familial nudity display might sound a bit weird. When People asked The Lincoln Lawyer star who last saw him naked, he replied, “my whole family!” Family being girlfriend Camila Alves, 28, son Levi, 2, and daughter Vida, 1. Do you walk around all nudey in front of your kids?

“This morning, my family came to send me off for the day,” Matthew explains. “I was just getting out of the shower, so the whole family saw me naked.”

To be honest, there’s a lot of parents out there who shower or bathe with their kids. No big deal. They’re almost even too young to even know what they’re seeing. Now if your kids were older, that would be WAY more awkward. But at what age do you stop walking around naked in front of them?

Matthew also says that Levi is his little mini-me, which means we’ll be seeing double the bare chests in our future. “Levi is starting to take on his dad’s traits a little but more,” Matt says. “One, he’s starting to look more like me, but two, he’s wheeling and dealing and negotiating things.” To be utterly correct, Matt says Levi is “bullllll—–ing!” “That’s very much like his dad,” he adds.

Uh, oh. Levi will definitely have a way with the ladies. Let’s just hope he doesn’t learn the whole nudity thing from dad too!

–Leigh Blickley

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

Mae

Posted at 4:42 PM on April 5, 2011

My daughter is now 3, so no she does not see her Daddy naked. Our twin sons are not even 2 yet and still shower with Daddy from time to time, and have walked in the bedroom while I’m getting dressed. We don’t freak out. We don’t purposefully walk around the whole house nude though.

Jenn

Posted at 3:14 AM on March 18, 2011

Lots of dads just like lots of moms shower with their babies & young kids. But I think once they’re old enough to ask dad what that thing is hanging between their legs then that’s the time you need to stop!

And the same thing with moms. When they ask about your pubic hair or anything very personal like that then you need to stop. Age 3 or 4 seems like a good age to show more modesty around the kids. This is when they become very curious about their surroundings and the human body and they can verbalize their questions.

My daughter was 3 when she stopped showering with daddy or with mommy. Before that, she really had no clue.

Courtney

Posted at 7:57 PM on March 17, 2011

I’d rather not see my dad naked.. it’s a bit odd if you ask me. I mean if I was younger then ok but once your kid knows what the parts are it’s time to cover up.

Roeboat

Posted at 3:08 PM on March 29, 2011

I agree – Get a grip – whats “natural” for you may not apply to your children. Give them the choice when they are old enough to make. I would hate to see my father nude ewe……..

Peyton

Posted at 11:43 PM on March 16, 2011

I walk around naked in front of my 3 year old daughter all the time, but I insist that the hubby keep his mouse in it’s house when she’s around.

Rosa

Posted at 3:18 AM on March 17, 2011

oh people get over it. there is nothing wrong about beeing naked in front of your own kids. and why shouldn’t girls see their own father naked? what’s the big deal? I guess it really is true that americans are prude :D

Ronni

Posted at 4:39 PM on March 18, 2011

*rolls eyes* Goodness. Here go we again. Yet another person who knows nothing about what Americans value. Oh wait..how could you? Because each person’s values are different therefore it’s impossible and unrealistic to categorize an entire country with such a blanket ideology.

Honesty, you’re all just jealous so you choose to complain at every chance you get. I think Brits are bunch of beer swelling, greasy food eating, layabout snobs. Yes All Brits. And if you are of ‘other’ worldly decent, then I’m sure I have an unrealistic and incorrect view of you too.