'Bachelor' Brad Womack & Emily Maynard Admit: Broke Up Multiple Times & Delayed Wedding, But Trying For Kids!

Wed, March 16, 2011 10:05am EST by 7 Comments
Courtesy of ABC

Courtesy of ABC

In their first shocking post-TV interview, the engaged for-the-moment couple insists they’re in love despite a ‘torturous’ relationship and canceled wedding!

But what’s really strange is that Bachelor Brad Womack, 38, and Emily Maynard, 25, say they’re already “trying” for a family despite also admitting to People magazine that their relationship “hasn’t been a fairytale.”

“I definitely want more kids,” Emily — who already has a 5-year-old daughter, Ricki — says. “I’m ready.”

The couple explains that they would get in a huge fight every Monday night after Emily would watch The Bachelor. “He had a tendency to say the same thing to a couple girls. So I felt less and less special,” Emily confessed.

The result: “We’d break up at night, and then in the morning, we’d forget about it,” laughs Emily now.

Brad explains how bad it got — “There have been numerous times where either she or I have said, ‘To hell with it. It’s just too difficult.'[And] we’ve thrown in the towel.

The pair insists however that “love pulled” them back together. The fact that Emily had girlfriends watching the show and texting her that Brad looked “so in love” with the other finalist, Chantal O’Brien, didn’t help either.

“Please, tell me [our relationship] isn’t a hoax,” Emily would plead with Brad — whoa!

Now, the couple plan to take their time before a wedding, after canceling a plan to elope in Anguilla. “I want to do it right. I don’t want it to be a secret. I want the bridesmaids, and I want my daughter to be a part of it,” says Emily. Aww!

Well considering that Brad already bought Emily flowers, Louboutin shoes and a Cartier bracelet worth several thousand dollars, Emily might as well enjoy the engagement.

Especially with Brad saying, “Em is the girl I’ve been looking for all my life.”

‘Bachelor’ Brads $50,000 Ring! Read The Full Article Here!

‘Bachelor’s Emily Is Better Fiesty! Click Here To Read More!

Why Jesse Says Emily Won’t Ever Marry Brad! Read It Here!

Married 20 years....

Posted at 12:04 PM on March 29, 2011

Brad and Emily are meant for each other. It is very clear they adore each other. My advice to them, forget about the stage and the show, because real life is going to bring you so much more happiness. Stop being reality actors and just be the special, supportive person the other needs and deserves. Congratulations and my best wishes for a wonderful, long-lasting, whirlwind, loving romance.

Joanne

Posted at 4:17 PM on March 19, 2011

Chantel Was The One…….This other one is starting to show who she is….Sorry won’t last.

Bac

Posted at 11:11 AM on March 18, 2011

They should not be trying to have kids before getting married especially if your planning to get married. I am old fashion and think people should be married first . Having a baby is going to add more things pressure and stress to a relationship that is already not working. Work on the relationship first, maybe see a therapist as well. Emily seems to have little confidence in herself and even less in the relationship. Yes he had a very good relationship with Chantal and I would view it as cheating as well especially the sleeping with her in the fanasty suite. If you watched the deleted scene on abc bachelor site Chantal says she gave herself to him and stops herself and changes her words. But if you want to stay with brad him you need to get passed it. I also would not let him around her daughter until he keeps his temper in check for at least 6months. Anyway I don’t think they will make it but what do I know. I kind of feel if is in love with the idea of a perfect women and thought it was Emily but now her true colors are coming.

alison

Posted at 7:43 PM on March 16, 2011

you should give your relationship a chance before having kids having a kid isint going to make your relationship better

Aley

Posted at 12:02 PM on March 16, 2011

I think a wedding will happen for Brad $ Emily. But I also believe we’ll have a White Christmas in San Diego, CA this year! ^_^

Go figure…

Mary

Posted at 11:39 AM on March 16, 2011

GIVE IT A CHANCE!!! YOU HAVE ONLY JUST BEGUN TO LIVE YOUR LIVES! AND GET TOGETHER IN ONE TOWN AND STAY THERE FOR A WHILE! MAKE THIS WORK! YOU BOTH WANT THE SAME THINGS! LOVE! AND YOU HAVE IT!!!!!

Dawn

Posted at 5:21 AM on April 3, 2011

Emily you should stop behaving like a brat and he has gone through 60 woman to get to you with the 2 shows you should never of been there if you were not there for the right reasons.He really cares for you and you could lose him before you know it. He should not have to buy your love with flowers and gifts. You are a spoiled brat over …or get off the pot and be nice to him he deserves it. Forget what others say about the relationship You should know what you want. Move on from your past and enjoy happiness with your new man . He is a good man I actually picked you not Chantel but the way you are acting stop it or you will lose him. He has a temper and will only put up with so much . Soon the Bachlerette will be on and you will be history and no more focus on you two.