14-Year-Old Boy Murders His Mother For 'Being Too Strict'

Tue, March 15, 2011 11:33am EDT by 7 Comments

The son shot his teacher mom in the back of the head and then tried to frame a made-up suspect.

Just devastating. A 14-year-old boy from Orangefield, Texas snuck up behind his 46-year-old mother, Staci Lisenby on Feb, 20 and shot her at point-blank range in the head for “being too strict.” The popular math teacher at Orangefield Junior High, who won teacher of the year in 2010, was alive when police reached her, but died later in the hospital.

Her youngest son, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was the only other person in the house when the incident occurred. The 14-year-old claims that he saw an intruder running out of the house after her heard the gun shot. He says he chased the suspect through the muddy and wet woods, but returned to the house to call the police after he lost him.

After police found no trace of a man running/walking to or from the house, they turned the investigation to the boy. Friends of the teen later told investigators that he had been talking about killing his parents, with one friend saying, the boy was “tired of how strict his parents were and that he intended on killing them both and then running away.”

The boy’s father was at church with his wife was shot and killed.

A number of guns were kept hidden and safe in the house, but Staci died from a .22 caliber bullet wound — a bullet from a .22 caliber pistol her son had possession of after he found in the attic.

The boy is now at a juvenile detention center after he gave himself up to police. Interestingly enough, attorney Wendell Odom Jr, who defended Andrea Yates, the Houston woman who drowned her five children in the bathtub in 2001, has been appointed as his lawyer.

–Leigh Blickley

Get more HollyBaby news and gossip! Friend us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter and Subscribe to our Newsletter!

1.M.R jacked

Posted at 2:23 PM on January 6, 2014

I like the valuable information you supply for your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check once more here frequently.
I am fairly sure I will learn many new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!

ana

Posted at 11:26 AM on March 16, 2011

This article has a lot of mistakes.

lester

Posted at 12:01 PM on March 15, 2011

Yeah right, the gun killed his mother! What a joke! I don’t know all the facts but if he was totally abused I could see the reason but this seems not to be the case here. This is just the end product of our society drowning in violent video games,TV and movies that kids should never see! this kid sounds like an evil little Chucky! I don’t advocate death penalty but it would be merciful for this little monster because when he is older and realizes what he did he will live with it all his life.

Rosa

Posted at 11:42 AM on March 15, 2011

THIS is why you shouldn’t be allowed to have a guns in the house! how crazy is the fact that all americans are allowed to carry a gun???? (correct me if it’s not like that anymore)

Sally Anderson

Posted at 11:50 AM on March 15, 2011

It sad that with her being a teacher she could not see the signs that something was wrong inside her own home. We should never be to busy to notice and respond to our children’s needs.

John

Posted at 11:59 AM on March 15, 2011

Rosa, just understand that if someone wants someone dead they dont need a gun to do it… If the kid didnt have the gun he may have used a kitchen knife, or scissors. a number of murders happen with knives,bats,golf clubs. although can be used as deadly weapons, I dont think its necessary to ban.

Laura

Posted at 12:06 AM on July 17, 2013

My father is a retired police officer and I was raised around guns. My father explained in detail how they work and the damage they would do. He kept them in a locked gun cabinet. My children have been raised around guns and like my father I have explained in detail everything about them. Never once have I taken for granite the damage a gun can cause nor has my children. If more parents did what my father did with me when I was young we would NOT have these issues. So NO it isn’t crazy the us Americans have these rights….