'Teen Mom' Kailyn Gets Over $600 A Month In Child Support! Exclusive!

Mon, March 14, 2011 5:04pm EDT by 24 Comments

Courtesy of MTV

A source close to Kailyn Lowry’s baby-daddy, Jo Rivera, says he pays her over $600 a month in child support for little Isaac!

Teen Mom 2 stars Kailyn Lowry and Jo Rivera reached a custody agreement several months ago for their little baby, Isaac, and HollyBaby.com has exclusively seen the documents!

The custody agreement, drawn up in Northampton, Pennsylvania, states that Kailyn gets primary physical custody of Isaac, and Jo gets visitation every weekend, “from Friday morning until Sunday at 8:00 PM.” Jo and Kailyn will alternate on all major holidays.

Most interesting though, is the fact that Jo pays Kailyn over $600 a month in child support! Do you find this amount surprising?

dna test

Posted at 7:38 PM on July 4, 2012

Wow, fantastic blog format! How lengthy have you been running a blog for? you make blogging look easy. The total look of your website is wonderful, as neatly as the content!

lewis

Posted at 11:03 PM on January 17, 2012

You know….im a dad, i pay child support. Its a fair amount which is fine by me. The mother is fine with it too.

Here is the deal, Jo should pay some child support and i understand him having to pay the arrears of $89 a month but seriously it does not take an extra 470 a month for a child. I know for a fact it doesnt take nearly $600 a month. With that amount, the mom will not have to pay for a thing for the child. Sure Jo was mean and sure the parents are trying to get along for the child’s sake but She even said on the TV show that she has bill’s to pay and he has to pay. So now he is supposed to pay her bills? Hell no he shouldnt be paying her bill’s. Her bill’s are her problems and no his. He should help with the child though, not paying 100% of the child.

He gets the kid 3 days a week and she gets the kid 4 days. Thats like a 40/60 split. Diaper’s, formula only cost about $250 a month at the most. I was buying all the diapers and only spending $100 a month with the good diaper’s and not the cheap walmart special. About another $150 in formula. So the other $350 is for child care and clothing? Well kid’s clothes dont cost $350 a month. Once you have the bulk to start with, kids kinda only grow about every 3 to 4 months when being that small. My son is 5 and i dont have to buy him clothes that often, he grows like any other normal kid.

Child care is expensive but it doesnt seem like she is using a pay child care service. So why all the extra cost? If Jo had his own place like dumby girl does…..well he would lose it all because there is no way he could survive. Even my son’s mom, my mom and my sister think she is robbing him. $350 a month should be top’s unless she is using a pay child care service.

Child support law’s are in place for a reason, Alot of dead beat dad’s out there but he is in his child’s life and JO should NOT have to pay this dumb blonde’s bill’s. He should be responsible at max 60% of the monthly child expense’s. He is paying for the child and some of her bill’s. I hope they lower his child support when he goes to court.

Jo’s biggest problem was and always will be the fact that he had a child with another dumb girl. A real woman who has a good head on her shoulder’s know’s better.

Oh and im sure alot of you women who feel that the man should pay out the wazoo and also pay your bill’s but your wrong.

To all the smart women who think past a man’s wallet, i wish there were more like you in the world.

Noname girl

Posted at 9:33 PM on June 27, 2014

You need to learn the proper use of the apostrophe

duende

Posted at 10:39 AM on January 13, 2012

Jo said that is false ahaha

Mom

Posted at 10:30 AM on January 13, 2012

I am so tired of these girls. They buy new cars, new houses, travel all over the place. Own designer items and don’t have regular jobs. Great job MTV, you really are showing how difficult it is being a teen mom!

Cyn

Posted at 8:00 PM on January 14, 2012

Mom, you are absolutely right, I am a divorced woman in my late forties and I cant afford a new car and a house. I get child support for my son who is Autistic and it is hard on both me and his father to be able to afford anything, we are friends and he is a postal worker and we both have college educations, new cars are not anything we can afford, his car is 17 years old. I do not have a car at this point, this show sends the message that if you have a child young you can get on TV and get paid for it.

Rachel

Posted at 12:50 PM on January 11, 2012

I am of the opinion Jo is a spoiled mama’s boy. I can’t believe he was getting away with not paying child support. Another deadbeat dad. The way that guy treated Kailyn when she lived there was obvious he wanted nothing to do with her and was done with this situation but mom probably wanted them not to look bad. They all wanted her out of that house and situation but they need to step up to the plate. As a women Jo’s mom is not supportive at all. She expects Kailyn to be perfect and good and do all the right things but mama’s baby Jo can be as rude and nasty and lazy as can be.

Kailyn had the right to see any guy she wanted too when Jo was doing all he could to be abusive and get rid of her. So now he can step up and do his part instead of copping out all the time and mama babying him. Either way mama can have him.

Joe Chicago

Posted at 11:07 PM on January 15, 2012

Wow! Aren’t you just a little bitter. She decides to have the kid. Her family life is so bad, his family takes her and the baby in. His entire family steps in to make time to help take care of the kid. Meanwhile, Kailyn is so selfish and self centered, she doesn’t bother to realize she can stay there rent free, go to school, have a job, and has his family to help take care of the kid so she could do all thse thing. Instead, she thinks she wants to go out and “date”. If I was Jo’s parent, I’d be kind of ticked that I’m having my son’s ex girlfriend live her so she can finish school and have a job to help get her on her own feet but now she wants to date and since she’s already managed to have one welfare baby, how do I know she’s not going to have another and then what am I suppose to do? Continue to let her stay with another baby that no one in my family is responsible for? For the sake of society, people like Kailyn and Rachel should have their tubes tied.

Kimber

Posted at 11:13 PM on December 17, 2011

ont child support takes im account of all expenses and converts that into a percentage of the paying parents paycheck. I have friends who baby fathers pay in a range of $50-$700 a month in child support and they all live in the same state

audrey

Posted at 4:09 PM on May 4, 2011

Seriously???? I get $25 a month and my baby’s dad has a manager’s salary. I have full custody…what kind of bs is this?

HBIC22

Posted at 6:19 PM on December 5, 2011

You get $25 a month…? Yeah, either your BS’ing or your baby daddy doesn’t have a manager salary.

Joe Chicago

Posted at 11:11 PM on January 15, 2012

Why’d you have the baby? You didn’t have to. Birth control doesn’t seem so expensive any more now does it?

Traci

Posted at 6:27 PM on April 4, 2011

serves the jerk right!! Good for you kailyn. Make sure the checks dont bounce

April

Posted at 10:17 AM on March 24, 2011

Yeah it made me so mad that Jo’s parents wouldn’t let her date anybody but Jo as a term of living there. They should’ve let her live there as a respect for their grandson. They could’ve just made her pay rent and let her live her life. She deserves to be happy just like anybody else. Jo wasn’t making her hapyy…he’s a jerk.

Marta

Posted at 11:48 PM on March 15, 2011

I can’t stand how Jo treats Kailyn really badly, calling her names. Jo doesn’t know how to treat respect at all. Kailyn did the right choice not to be with him anymore. Kailyn doesn’t devesrve to be someone, who calls her names like Jo.. Only reason why Jo was calling Kailyn names, is because he is jealous of her. Jo has $$$.. Kailyn is fanastic, great mom, She is really resonible mom and indepented too. Jo is jealous of Jordan. I know the fact Kailyn and Jordan will be together for a long time, and they will work everything out.

Joe Chicago

Posted at 11:28 PM on January 15, 2012

How do you figure Kailyn is responsible? Let’s have some friends come over and help me move out of my mommy’s house, while she’s not home, so I can sneak out instead of facing it like an adult? Instead of staying at a place, which is still better then living with my own mom, a place where I can study, have a job, and people to help take care of my kid so I can finish school and save some money which would allow me to provide a better life for my child, why don’t I throw a fit because I can’t date. I know finishing school and saving money would be better for me and my kid but what do I care? I want to date and I know they won’t like it but what do I care? It’s all about me. Me. Me. Me. When it all falls apart I can blame everyone else for the choices I made. Oh, look at me. Aren’t I a great mom? I had the chance to provide a better life for my kid but I want to date right now.

KK

Posted at 8:30 PM on March 15, 2011

He has the money because MTV pays them to be on the show.

Cindi

Posted at 1:59 PM on March 15, 2011

I just find it ironic that he held her stuff hostage for $600 and now he gets to pay her that same amount each month. LOL!

Beth

Posted at 11:00 PM on March 16, 2011

I thought the same thing! Karma…lol

Shell

Posted at 7:00 PM on June 28, 2012

I loved that too! He wouldn’t have been able to get away with that crap in CA! The cops would have made him give her stuff back. You can’t keep someone’s personal belongings in lue of money here. You take it to court or let it go. Jerk!

rachel s

Posted at 12:47 PM on March 15, 2011

Jo seems like a dick. It sucks that Jo’s family basically held her hostage, either date our son, or get out of our house. Telling Kailyn that she should have Issac’s best interest at heart, but in turn they didn’t.

Joe Chicago

Posted at 11:33 PM on January 15, 2012

Maybe they thought it was bad enough taking her and their son’s son, in. Do you think they wanted to risk her having another baby someone who isn’t a relative? She’s not the type of person who makes me think of Mensa. She’s more like off peak time at the strip club. When she has the next kid, what should his family do?

Shell

Posted at 7:02 PM on June 28, 2012

What do you care? lol You are probably Jo in disguise! She was a flippin adult and they were telling her what she could and couldn’t do like they owned her! All they had to tell her was that if she was going to date don’t bring the guy around and if she gets pregnant by him she’s out! She didn’t need them anyway. She took care of her and her son without the a%%hole control freaks all up in her business after the way they encouraged their son’s disgusting behavior towards her!

BB

Posted at 10:28 AM on March 15, 2011

if you count the cost of food,diapers,wipes,clothing and the cost of childcare 600 dollars sounds about right.