'Biggest Loser' Trainer Cara Castroneva Doesn't Want To Be Like Bob And Jillian — Exclusive Video

Mon, March 14, 2011 6:00pm EST by 5 Comments

Cara Castronuova talks about her unique attitude towards contestants and her predictions for season 11 of the show

Cara Castronouva is the newest trainer on The Biggest Loser this season, and since Jillian Michaels is leaving after this season, Cara’s role with the show is about to grow.  We chatted with Cara at the John Varvatos 8th Annual Stuart House Benefit and she explainedthat she wants to make a name for herself and be different from the other trainers on the show.“From the beginning I told myself that I wasn’t going to watch The Biggest Loser. I didn’t want to fall into the trap of being like Bob and Jillian. Because I’m not them, I’m me,” Cara explained.

The Biggest Loser trainer Jillian is often considered the tough one, while Bob Harper inspires contestants to lose weight. Cara, 31, says she falls somewhere in between the two.

“I think I’m a mix of both,” she said. “Half tough and half really sensitive.”

She also thinks that viewers will be surprised by this season’s finalists.

“A lot of people that I thought were gonna be here longer have been eliminated. It’s crazy….Some of the finalists right now are probably ones no one expected,” she predicted.

What do you think of Cara as a trainer? Who do you think will win The Biggest Loser? Let us know in your comments and watch Cara’s full interview below!

Loading video...

Stephanie Wenger

Click here to read more details from this season of The Biggest Loser!

Click here to see the before & after photos from The Biggest Loser!

Peggy

Posted at 1:29 PM on March 24, 2011

I’m not a Cara fan. Something about her just rubs me the wrong way on the program. But I will be honest and say it might just be how the producers are portraying her….especially with the constant boxing where half the team just watches, but Cara gets plenty of workout herself.

bob

Posted at 9:15 PM on March 21, 2011

Even though I am a fan of Cara and frequent her fan site (caracastronouva dot org), I agree about the surprised faces thing. Very lame device they use over and over on the show. BTW why is HL using such a bad photo of Cara for this article? Yikes!

Boxing is hard work and it seems to be working for her team but I too would like to see some variety in the training she does.

What up its Me.

Posted at 11:50 PM on March 15, 2011

its all about Bob, im just sayin’

vintagelady

Posted at 10:11 PM on March 15, 2011

I think that Cara is awesome! And, I actually enjoy the boxing. It could be that producers are just trying to highlight the boxing this season to separate her skill set from Jillian’s. Cara is a true athlete and I sure she does not lack the ability to do traditional fitness training. In fact, she will be at the Grove in LA on Wed morning leading a workout. For all admirers there is a fan site at: http://www.caracastronuova.org/home.html

Jess

Posted at 10:15 PM on March 14, 2011

If Cara is staying, she has GOT to do workouts with the contestants besides boxing. It might be her specialty, but watching it week after week after week is too much. It’s a joke in our house, :Oh look they’re in the gym. What will they do? BOX!” They’re going to train outside today. BOXING!” “They’re taking a trip to Antartica… to BOX!” Cara is apparently very good at what she does, but if the viewers get bored, they’re not going to watch.

And the “surprised” looks she gives? Those are amusing too. (But so is everyone elses. That whole “the trainers are surprised by this new turn-of-events” shocked face :-O is so fake. Every time. The show would do well to take a different approach.