While Michelle went for the less-is-more approach Kat totally went to town with her eyeliner! Tell us who YOU think worked the trend best and read up to find out how to perfect the look — all on your own!
When Michelle Trachtenberg stepped out at Target’s Go International Designer Collective Launch on Dec. 10 she paired her fall 2011 Rebecca Minkoff dress with a fierce cat-eye — simple and chic without taking away from the look, the Gossip Girl was so glam!
While Michelle nailed the look with a classic cat-eye, singer Kat De Luna went for a totally different version at The Bra Book digital launch in NYC. In my opinion, the super thick eyeliner took away from her face!
If you want to recreate the retro look, check out our pointers below and you’ll be rocking the PERFECT cat-eye, just in time for the weekend!
• Keep the line super thin and close to your lash line.
• Use a really thin liner brush and always use a liquid waterproof eyeliner.
• Follow the natural curve of your eye, and if you want some added drama, flick up the line at the outer corner and fade out the line.
• Your eyeliner should NEVER reach the crease of your eyes. It’ll look like you have a black eye! NOT cute!
• If you have shaky hands, carefully put on a piece of scotch tape over your lid so you can get that perfectly straight line.
• Check yourself in the mirror! Do both of your eyes look the same? Make sure one eye doesn’t look bigger than the other!
We know eyeliner is one of the hardest makeup tricks to master. But these easy tips will keep you in the clear of looking bug-eyed, black-eyed, or worse!
What do YOU think of Kat Deluna’s eye makeup? Totally drag or super cute? Vote now!