Nikki Reed Reveals The Truth Behind A 'Twilight' Lie! Exclusive Interview!

Sat, March 12, 2011 2:43pm EDT by 32 Comments
Getty Images

The ‘Breaking Dawn’ star comes clean about a common misconception! You won’t believe it!

Nikki Reed reads a lot of false Twilight rumors, but she clarified one exclusively to HollywoodLife.com, saying, “For so many years we have been giving fake answers, but now that [the series] is coming to an end, I don’t think we have to do that anymore!”It may come across in the press like the cast is super-close and hangs out all of the time, but as the group of mostly-young actors grew up on the set, their interests started to shift. Nikki spoke quite candidly to us at the UK Style by French Connection at Sears event in Los Angeles about the shifting dynamics between the cast off-set.

“On the first movie we all hung out a lot,” Nikki says. “We always went out to dinners, but I wasn’t old enough at the time to go out. I was 18 when this all started. Everyone has really grown up and started to do different things.”

She also told us the media too often blows minor occurrences in production out of proportion.

“You know its not a bad thing, but you see how people make a story out of things. You go to Starbucks, and then all of a sudden you go to Starbucks daily. Peter Facinelli has made us spaghetti dinners, but its been like three times in the four years we’ve known him, but it becomes a story that we always have pasta night at Peter’s all the time. It would be cool, but its not the truth. But if you say anything in public, you just have to worry that the media will spin it, so if we didn’t go to dinner that will just mean we are angry with each other or something,” Nikki says.

We always knew the cast got along well, but it makes sense they would find things to do by themselves in their own time!

– William Earl, reporting by Russ Weakland

Nikki Reed On Twilight Cast: “We All Love Each Other!” Exclusive Interview

Sorry Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson Has A New Love In His Life — A Puppy! Awwww!

Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart To Film ‘Breaking Dawn’ In Theatre! Exclusive Details

jen

Posted at 1:35 AM on March 15, 2011

as for Ted, he’s the human version of a woodpecker, that I know and he’s sometimes annoying. Ted’s going and telling is here to stay, because according to him he earned his position for his tell and tell. While others were indoubt of Robsten before history proves that he was the only one who went in and bravely stuck his guns against the haters and non-believers. As he says its his time to gloat, and you will never hear the end of it.

anon

Posted at 12:10 PM on March 14, 2011

oh and Nikki seems pretty stuck-up and full of herself. Rob, Kristen, and Taylor have humility, and Kellan seems cool too, but he can’t act. And Ashley is just a hoe.. who obv can’t act. The only thing she’s good for is taking her clothes off and stealing people’s boyfriends. I hate Demi Lovato too but it’s a fact.

jessi

Posted at 7:13 PM on March 18, 2011

You are right on the money!!! lol Awsome

anon

Posted at 12:08 PM on March 14, 2011

lol this is news.. -_-

it’s always been quite obvious. even from their interviews it’s easy to tell that Rob, Kristen, and Taylor are close, while Ashley SlutGreene and Kellan Lutz are close, and Peter, Nikki, and Elisabeth hang out with Ashley and Kellan too. And I don’t think anyone likes Dakota Fanning. Not that I blame them; she’s super-annoying.

Britt

Posted at 10:11 PM on March 13, 2011

No offense to Nikki (I actually admire her a bit — if you’ve seen her in Thirteen, she wrote that screenplay with Catherine Hardwicke) or anyone really, I just can’t believe the things that count as news when it comes to Twilight. I swear everything to do with that franchise is somehow news. They’re not all friends with each other? Really? I was thinking the Twilight lie was that they’re all really fairies or Bella goes all “Crying Game” on Edward and he realizes he’s actually been homosexual all along. Next they’ll come in with “Breaking News” on CNN and we’ll find out that the assistant of the third extra in the fourth scene had a coke and a ham sandwich for lunch EVERY DAY! Oh snap!

Britt

Posted at 10:16 PM on March 13, 2011

Nevermind, I just saw the “Kim Kardashian heads to her workout” on the sidebar. Even non-Twilighters can make anything news.

bob

Posted at 1:36 PM on March 13, 2011

agree with you lola….

lola

Posted at 12:19 PM on March 13, 2011

One thing’s for sure. Kristen, Nikki, and Robert were all tight in 2008. K and N called eachother bffs, nikki and robert were seen clubbing a lot, nikki was hangingout with r’s sisters. Then bam, 2009 happens and nikki is cast out of the circle for whatever reason. No one knows why, but then K and R got closer. those are the facts. I’m not gonna speculate beyond that but that’s for real.

Allison

Posted at 12:08 PM on March 13, 2011

LOL at these comments!! Those robsten fans need to grow up. Nikki is a such a pretty woman and she is one of the finest actresses of her generation. She is the best part of twilight. Kristen Stewart, Ashley Greene, Kellan Lutz, Robert Pattinson…ect can’t act. After Twilight is over they will just fade away.

carrie

Posted at 12:21 PM on March 13, 2011

lol, finest actress of her generation? Why is it she only gets jobs when Catherine Hardwicke hires then? You are delusional. I think Nikki is actually a good actress, but let’s not trip over yourself fawning over her cause you don’t like kristen. this is the problem with BOTH sides of the team nikki/team robsten debate. They just live in an alternate reality. ALL of them need to grow as actresses/actors, and they will all likely find work after twilight. Most likely the two leads will prosper most though, cause they are the most popular.

sarah

Posted at 3:36 PM on March 14, 2011

You do realize people HATE twilight and all it’s associations right? These could be a bunch of pressed VD fans, or anyone. And have been in this fandom long? Cause I don’t mind Nikki now, but I understand why people still hold grudges. There’s a history and if you weren’t around at the start you really have no clue lol.She also didn’t make many fans dating a married man (separated is not the same as divorced).

morgna

Posted at 1:36 PM on April 1, 2011

She never dated a married man actually at the time she was dating DJ qualls. Ryan and Nikki were going to DJ’s birthday party whenthe paps caught them

A

Posted at 4:16 AM on March 15, 2011

Thanks for making me LOL by saying Nikki is one of the finest actresses of her generation and for alluding that she’ll be the only one who’s career won’t fade away after Twilight ends even though the chances of it hitting the rock bottom are high.The fact is that most people don’t care about Nikki,she’s one of the most irrelevant cast members.They only like to read the articles about her so that they can find something related to Rob/Kristen,otherwise they cannot care less.She’ll prolly be the first one who’ll give the “tell-all” interviews or maybe write a book after the Saga ends.Why? because she’s a classless famewhore who will do anything to get the fame and I mean anything…

A

Posted at 4:36 AM on March 15, 2011

Thanks for making me LOL by saying Nikki is one of the finest actresses of her generation and for alluding that she’ll be the only one who’s career won’t fade away after Twilight ends even though the chances of it hitting the rock bottom are high.The fact is that most people don’t care about Nikki,she’s one of the most irrelevant cast members.They only like to read the articles about her so that they can find something related to Rob/Kristen,otherwise they cannot care less.She’ll prolly be the first one who’ll give the “tell-all” interviews or maybe write a book after the Saga ends.Why? because she’s a classless woman who will do anything to get the fame and I mean anything…

A

Posted at 4:42 AM on March 15, 2011

Uh I replaced classless famewhore with classless woman..I tried being lil nice :p I don’t like to bitch about someone I don’t know esp. a celeb but this girl is..just ewwwww.When will she learn to keep her mouth shut :/

ew

Posted at 5:46 AM on March 21, 2011

True. Just saw the messengers the other day and i wanted to throw tomatoes at the tv every time Kristen Stewrat came on. Bitch can’t act.

bob

Posted at 11:30 AM on March 13, 2011

I DON’T REALLY LIKE HER!…I THINK SHE HAS A CRUSH ON ROB BUT ROB HAS A CRUSH ON KRISTEN..THAT IS THE FACT!ROBSTEN FOREVER Y’ALL…

jen

Posted at 1:34 AM on March 13, 2011

I don’t know if i should believe any of Hollywoodlife’s “interviews” with Nikki or any of their articles for that matter. Hey Bonnie, what happened with Nikki wanting to quit acting?

I used to like Hollywoodlife because it wasn’t like E Online. But in just a few short months Hollywoodlife has become exactly like that website that i loath so much. And you Bonnie my dear, has become like a Mini Ted Casablanca. And believe me, that’s no compliment.

Ally

Posted at 1:25 AM on March 13, 2011

@ Jessica: Yes, You are right. This showmance will finally come to an end. Thank God…..I hope then everyone will move on.

anonymous

Posted at 1:24 AM on March 13, 2011

I think it’s all bullsh*t. We’ll find out one day that none of these rumors were true. I hope someone writes a true tell all book with the TRUTH! Robert seems so introverted and shy, I can’t imagine he’d even know what to do with a girl. I bet they were all just friends and Nikki was trying to be seen with him so she could get noticed. He probably got mad at that. I’m glad all this bullsh*t is gonna be over soon.

jessica

Posted at 1:15 AM on March 13, 2011

It’s funny how these delusional Robsten fans act like they know what really happened between Nikki, RP and KS. LOL When the Saga ends and Pattinson and Stewart stop acting like a couple for publicity, where will you be?

Thanks for being honest Nikki. I knew there was a reason why you were my favorite.

sarah

Posted at 3:13 PM on March 14, 2011

What will YOU do when filming ends in another month, and you still see Rob and Kristen hanging out together?

A

Posted at 3:53 AM on March 15, 2011

Jessica,you are going to be very disappointed when the Saga ends.Plus the fact that you mention Nikki and the word ‘honest’ in one sentence proves that you know nothing LOL ;)

Tee

Posted at 8:31 PM on March 12, 2011

I MUST SAY I LIKE ALL THE COMMENTS HERE AND THEY MAKE PERFECT SENSE. I LIKE THEY’RE NOT NASTY. I NEVER REALLY KNEW WHAT WENT DOWN WITH ROB AND KRISTEN AND NIKKI. I JUST KNEW IT WASN’T GOOD AND THERE WAS BAD BLOOD. THANKS.

carrie

Posted at 7:39 PM on March 12, 2011

meh, people need to leave nikki alone at this point. I think she was a bit of a blank stirrer in the beginning, but she keeps a low profile now, so at least she’s not being a problem child anymore.

sarah

Posted at 7:37 PM on March 12, 2011

nikki is very pretty, but kristen is definitely a better fit for robert. I remember during twilight promotion how much nikki would infer her and rob had a thing, she was always marking her territory. ahah But Robert is very private and doesn’t want that attention. And Kristen is just like him, they both keep their shizz on the downlow and don’t want to turn everything into a public event. Nikki back in the day was the opposite, funny how the paps always knew where to find her and rob back then. wink wink Funny how that never happens with Kristen now too.

Dina

Posted at 7:34 PM on March 12, 2011

Look, if Robert was gonna double dip his stick between two best friends, of course there’s gonna be a problem! It’s not all Robert’s fault really. Catherine HArdwicke herself has said you could tell he wanted kristen from the start, that she even warned him to stay away cause she was jailbait and ina relationship. And Ted casablanca said Nikki launched herself on Rob from day one. If kristen was taken,a nd NIkki’s offering herself up and she’s pretty, of course Robert’s like let’s do this. But then it got complicated when it was clear he still had a crush on Kristen, he flirted with her right in front of nikki all throughout twilight promotion. So when Kristen hooked up with rob, ditched the old bf who was also bffy with nikki, and nikki got left in the dust, of course there would be bad blood. They were all old enough though to know what they were doing, there are no victims here if you ask me. Just a bunch of good looking horn dogs. LOL

kie

Posted at 1:25 AM on March 13, 2011

Ted Casablanca is just like any other robsten fan: he likes to exaggerate and blow out of proportion anything that revolves Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson. PLus for some odd reason he does not like Nikki. Notice how he always writes articles about these 3 and always putting Nikki in a bad light? He’s an instigator. And these poor losers believe actually believe his words.

If you want to make a valid argument, NEVER site Ted Casablanca as your source. He’s about as reliable gossipgirl.com.

sia

Posted at 7:26 PM on March 12, 2011

I think Nikki caused some trouble on the set, but she’s “paid” for her sins with the fans giving her a hard time. She’s young, hopefully she learned from her mistakes, ditto for Robsten cause I’m sure they could have done somethings better too, and everyone’s moved on.

ummm

Posted at 7:25 PM on March 12, 2011

Did anyone really think they were a big happy family? That hasn’t been seen since the Twilight days. During twilight promotion you could tell they were all really close and having fun. NM even seemed like they were close still in Vancouver. But by Eclipse, there were factions and cliques definitely. And i still believe that account that Nikki confronted Kristen on the NM set, made her cry, which made Robert confront her and chew her out too. I think that’s the root of the party being over for the big happy family cast—the drama between Robert and Kristen and Nikki splintered the cohesiveness.

carrie

Posted at 5:14 PM on March 12, 2011

Nikki is not a popular member of the cast, but I think it’s true what she’s said. Like she was close with kristen and robert initially, then it’s like they were dead to one another. lol Now you see her with elizabeth reaser all the time, and now kellan is hanging out a lot with robert and kristen. we never leave high school in some ways.

lilbit

Posted at 6:09 AM on March 13, 2011

This post is a perfect example of what Nikki has just said. Kellen hanging all the time? I don’t think so, he’s been seen what, once? twice? at cast dinners and so you assume that they are hanging out a lot more together. If anything comparing it to the cast dinners during Twi and NM twice is a LOT less.