Nickelodeon Star Victoria Justice: I've Tried Smoking & Drinking…But It's Not For Me!

Fri, March 11, 2011 9:10pm EDT by 42 Comments

In a candid interview in April’s Seventeen, Victoria Justice opens up about partying and why she never wants to disappoint her fans by turning into a bad girl!

Pull out your Victoria Justice check list and mark off yet another reason why she should be one of your favorite teen queens. The 18-year-old Victorious starlet opened up in the April edition of Seventeen and admitted she’s not flawless — but assured us she won’t be going bad girl crazy on us any time soon. We love her honesty!

“I’m not going to lie to you: I’ve tried things. I’m not some robot who’s programmed to be perfect,” she said. “I’ve been to high school parties. And even if I’ve had a drink, it’s always in a responsible way. I did go through a phase when I wanted to try smoking, and for a minute I did. But shortly after, I just kind of realized it was gross, and I didn’t like anything about it.”

Unlike many of her fellow teen stars, Victoria doesn’t shy away from tough questions about underage drinking and partying — but that doesn’t mean she encourages it.

“If I’m at a party, I’m going to dance, not huddle in some corner and smoke or sneak a drink. I feel that smoking, drinking, and doing drugs are kind of selfish because you end up isolating yourself from everyone else,” she explained. “And I’ve had to make certain choices and be a lot more responsible with my life. I’ve been given a huge opportunity, and I don’t want to let my fans and family down.”

We wish Miley Cyrus and Taylor Momsen would take a few notes from Victoria. It’s refreshing to see a young actress with such a good head on her shoulders, that’s why you should be sure to vote for her in the race for “Best TV Actress” at the Kids’ Choice Awards!

Kirstin Benson

kevin

Posted at 12:59 AM on February 22, 2014

Victoira is a freak i do know her and we dated for 5 months and she knows how to have sex

bradley

Posted at 12:52 AM on February 22, 2014

she’s so hot

isabela natu

Posted at 6:58 PM on August 7, 2013

victoria u really re a role model for most teens i wish some stars wd choose ur words nd use dem to improve their lifestyles no offense pipo

Vjsgam1dhslover

Posted at 3:23 PM on July 30, 2013

Selena gomez and ariana grande are wonderful,talented,pretty, and a great role model. They know how to act and they are good girls. Selena was in spring breakers but it didn’t make a crack in her good girl appearance. If you are wondering how I know this…stay up on the latest teen gossip💄

Vjsgam1dhslover

Posted at 3:15 PM on July 30, 2013

I love Victoria justice, she might have tried it just to see how it is but she is not going continuously and she was being honest about she tried and she admitted that she was tempted. Not all people show true honesty about that stuff especially since she is famous

Dragoon Striker

Posted at 7:45 PM on June 18, 2013

Yeah, you think she’s all nice when she’s a horrible actress, her show is sexual, racist, and offensive, and she sings worse than a cat diagnosed with cancer.

ToryRenelle

Posted at 6:10 PM on September 24, 2013

You look like a cat diagnosis ;) shut up hater

coragrace

Posted at 11:38 PM on September 27, 2013

shot up dont urt victoria justice. she tried smoke but she is honest girl she admitted that it was groose but she thinks you can ever say that to her . when u post or comment that victiria is a bad girl then i woud say to them tha ur a worst person ever you hurt her feeling.

victoria justice im ur number 1 fan…
love
coragrace from philippines

Sam

Posted at 3:28 AM on July 3, 2014

Dragoon Striker, you are a dick for what you wrote here. Get lost.

W.O

Posted at 12:58 AM on June 30, 2012

Honestly I do drink but I’ll do it only when I’m around friends but I can say I have never smoked in my life but lucky for me I don’t get hangover and when I do get drunk I can act sober. And I go to a place called lake harney. But the fact that Victoria don’t drink or smoke is great because she’s a pretty girl and all it’ll do is screw up her career and her look so good for her

carolina bonn

Posted at 5:26 PM on August 9, 2012

if uu drink amoung or wit ur frends thats basically being a follower and being fake cuz dats not uu ur doing something thats bad to ur body and ur tring to bb like other people and tring to be cool by doing that and thats not you. well i dont no uu im juss sayin thats being aa follower:D

Jess

Posted at 10:18 PM on January 15, 2013

Can you learn how to spell? That hurt my eyes. -______-

coragrace

Posted at 11:51 PM on September 27, 2013

honestly i do smoke to because my frends and i was going t a party and they actually gave them to me and they said that i will try one but when i try it i actually think its groosing me out but not anymore i like to be victoria she’s a pretty girl and she loves her carrer so good for her.
victoria..i like to say someting to you in personal but i give u my number in cellphone so i can say to u my secret okey.
09483441631

im 13 years old and i want u to be my sister.
my name is coragrace ferrer i line in canaoalan binmaley pangasinan in philippines.

hallie

Posted at 8:41 PM on June 21, 2012

i hate tori did you know she sucks her toes !!!!!!!!! yuck..

valerie

Posted at 9:11 PM on April 1, 2013

thats rude of you to say because shes a great person and a great girl ur just jealous

coragrace

Posted at 11:56 PM on September 27, 2013

ur so jealous hallie because she is so pretty than u and ur so maniyak!
well, dont hate my sister okey

Fangirls o.o

Posted at 10:59 AM on January 4, 2014

Stop being delusional Coragrace. Everyone knows that you are not her sister. Shut up and learn to speak English properly please. Thank you.

Liam

Posted at 2:26 PM on February 23, 2012

I think Victoria is hot

Hdhhhd

Posted at 3:42 PM on August 9, 2012

But she is mine

coragrace

Posted at 12:00 AM on September 28, 2013

well,thats my sister so she is mhine

Jagger

Posted at 10:01 PM on February 13, 2012

Lolz she drank in a responsible way there is no way to underage drink responsibly learn to use words right and u wnt screw urself over lolz

Al

Posted at 7:04 PM on January 20, 2012

Victoria don’t disappoint your fans and your family by drinking,smoking,drugs. and it will ruin your carrier and life I am against that stuff as much as you just don’t ruin your carrier.and your life. don’t end up like Linsey Lohan
Reply back your friend al

abby

Posted at 2:33 AM on August 16, 2012

thanxs for being nice

Nick

Posted at 3:21 PM on January 1, 2012

Tori don’t drink at all you’ll go to hell

Al

Posted at 7:05 PM on January 20, 2012

Same with smoking and drugs

Katrina

Posted at 3:26 PM on December 31, 2011

Victoria justice is my role model. Miley Cyrus is a big disapointment to her fans. I am related to Tori, and in my eyes, shes perfect. I hve never seen her drink or smoke but she has told me about it and has vowed to never do drugs or drink. I love you Tori!

Jagger

Posted at 10:02 PM on February 13, 2012

She apprently broke that vow if u read the article

carolina bonn

Posted at 5:28 PM on August 9, 2012

r uu telling the truth? who rr uu 2 her?

Vjsgam1dhslover

Posted at 3:20 PM on July 30, 2013

Sista I know how you feeling….she aint tellin da truth she wouldn’t be here saying I am related to Victoria justice on the computer…she would be home having fun with her “relative”. What relation do u have? Huh?

abby

Posted at 2:36 AM on August 16, 2012

i love tori to

abby

Posted at 2:56 PM on August 16, 2012

ey shes my role model to be a singer

coragrace

Posted at 12:03 AM on September 28, 2013

actually me to u know

Vjsgam1dhslover

Posted at 3:18 PM on July 30, 2013

I doubt you are related to her gurlfrand. And even if you were?….you wouldn’t be on an electronic device blabbing on about how you’re related to her!

Lucy

Posted at 12:23 PM on April 1, 2011

I agree with the comments saying that Miley Cyrus does learn from her mistakes and she is more fun. I just don’t understand why HL feel’s the need to comment on her when this article has absolutley nothing to do with Miley or Taylor. And plus Victoria has done exactly the same as Miley, she’s smoked – said she’s never gonna do it again which is what Miley has said too. So you really can’t comment on Miley telling her she should be like Victoria when both of them have practically done the same thing. I hope you read this and the rest of the other comments and learn that your nothing but some cyber bully. I love Victoria but what you say in your articles often comes off offense to other stars. I would love to see whoever wrote this go say it to either Taylor or Miley’s faces.

breanm

Posted at 10:24 AM on January 1, 2012

Actually, Miley Cyrus had a drug overdose. Miley is a Tori wannabe…

OlympicFan

Posted at 3:36 AM on March 15, 2011

Mary Lou Retton is still the perfect role model in the world!!!

Michelle

Posted at 10:33 PM on March 14, 2011

Victoria Justice is the Nickelodeon equivalent to Selena Gomez; pretty, super nice, can’t hate her because she’s too good to even try to hate, but SUPER boring. And why is it that HL always has to hate on Miley? Because she an 18 year old that likes to have fun and sometimes gets her hands dirty in the process. Its not like she hasn’t learned from her mistakes. I’m pretty sure that most teenagers would prefer to party with Miley over Victoria Justice any day (nothing against her she just seems like a bore). At least Miley knows how to have a good time. And I completely agree with Stan below. Your site should find a better way of reporting things without hating on others while doing so. You’re exactly like Perez Hilton and that’s not a compliment.

Lisa

Posted at 10:44 AM on March 13, 2011

Stop hating on Miley. Its annoying and you always sound ignorant when you do so. Just because she chooses to have fun while being a teenager and do different things doesn’t mean she’s headed towards a downward spiral in life and going to end up like Lindsey Lohan. Lindsey Lohan is the way she is because she didn’t have a teenage life or childhood… Miley is quite the opposite. Sorry to make this post all about Miley when the article is about Victoria Justice. I do love Victoria but she seems boring. She’s like the nicklodeon version of Selena Gomez; pretty, super nice and down to earth, you can’t hate her because she too good of a person t try to hate but BORING. I’d rather party with Miley. And so would most other teenagers. She knows how to have a good ass time.

valerie

Posted at 9:15 PM on April 1, 2013

exactly dont be a hater on miley or tori or anyone . its not like ur any nicer so dont be a bully

andie

Posted at 12:03 AM on March 12, 2011

According to HollywoodLife, Miley is the devil.

The Power of Christ compels you, Miley!!

So shameless, HL. Especially that last sentence…

Stan

Posted at 11:24 PM on March 11, 2011

Miley has learn from every ACTUAL Mistake she has ever made. The problem is everyone tries to turn things that are wrong into something that is. Even when she does good, people have to bring up the bad.

You are Just like Perez Hilton, a cyber bully. The only difference is you’re just better at hiding it.

bvang

Posted at 10:59 PM on March 11, 2011

I’m curious to know how Miley and Taylor shy away from those questions. Isn’t the usual criticism that Taylor is too open in interviews? Also when was Miley even asked those questions? You can’t shy away if you’re not asked.

What it comes down to is the same old biased Hollywoodlife reporting. Would be much easier to put up an article about how Taylor and Miley are the root of all evil, seeing that’s how they’re presented on here.