Kristin Kreuk Reveals Why She Won't Be Watching The 'Smallville' Series Finale!

Fri, March 11, 2011 3:09pm EST by 53 Comments

Plus, she tells us she’s excited to start shooting her new pilot, ’17th Precinct!’

Smallville fans all over the world will be glued to their TVs when the series finale airs this May, but there’s one longtime fan who will sadly have to miss the broadcast: former co-star Kristin Kreuk. “I probably won’t watch it,” she told HollywoodLife.com on March 10 at the 31st Annual Genie Awards. “Maybe later on — like, on DVD or something.”

“I don’t watch the show anymore,” she told us. “I’m super excited for them, and I think they’re amazing, but I’ll probably see it after it airs at some point.”

Loading video...

One thing you CAN count on Kristin being a part of is the pilot 17th Precinct, which Kristin said she’s excited to start filming.

“It’s a quick thing for me,” she told us. “I think Ron Moore is quite brilliant, and I really like what he’s done. The cast is amazing, so I’m excited to be there.”

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter

Jade K

Posted at 3:06 AM on March 12, 2011

I think it’s okay that she won’t be tuning in. She prolly has a hard time keeping up with the episodes. At least she was truthful.

Richard oyeleke

Posted at 2:59 AM on March 12, 2011

We really miss u Lana!Try and watch d finale.Love u

craig

Posted at 2:29 AM on March 12, 2011

Haters get the f*** off

TVantic

Posted at 12:28 AM on March 12, 2011

Not many people are watching smallville, the ratings are dismal, the acting is dismal and Lois and Clark are like middle aged George and Martha. Lois is such as middle aged skank with all the over make-up and fake eveything. The best acting job they are out of Lois is the silicone implant special.

Kissy2490

Posted at 12:16 AM on March 12, 2011

I careless about this girl. She is more like her character than she thinks!

Flow

Posted at 9:40 PM on March 11, 2011

I dont blame Lana; i hardly watch the show live anymore. She gave an honest answer and it doesn’t matter what people say or do she was part of those who made the show the success it is today. Wish u all the best Lana who know maybe there’ll be a movie version of Smallvile with u being Clarks wife and having is baby after all u’re as strong as he is now. If only the producers of the show could just make it end the way Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher’s ended only this time it’ll u and clarks baby that got delivered afterall u guys had sex b4 the whole Meteor suit thing happened. Miss u loads Lana; for me and most people i know u’re still the best fit for Clark Kent for Smallville.1

Brenda

Posted at 9:26 PM on March 11, 2011

I WISH i could c her againg love her

Derek

Posted at 9:25 PM on March 11, 2011

Smallville fans,please leave her alone!

me

Posted at 9:15 PM on March 11, 2011

she is onest. i agree whith her! she is an amazing lady.

Mandragora

Posted at 9:00 PM on March 11, 2011

I am not sure if her words have been presented in properly context. What meaning you derive from that is your opinion and not that of the person who said.

Rafy

Posted at 6:16 PM on March 11, 2011

Wowwww… Isn’t she CUTE?! I’m a HUGE fan! Smallville’s past will be in my mind and heart forever, but IMHO the show lost its magic. I’m not going to watch the finale either. I just let it go on the S08. Have fun, you guys! ‘Cause since 2007 I have the AWESOME Chuck to give all my love.

Rebecca

Posted at 6:14 PM on March 11, 2011

Yeah. I totally respect her for not lying. I knew she wasn’t watching Smallville. Just like her other co-stars who have left the show hadn’t watched Smallville in so long. Michael, Annette, and now Kristin.

Why are people getting so angry about it? It happens. Can’t really expect her to keep watching after she left. =/

I’m proud of her for not shrugging it off. I don’t see how she’s “up her own ass” either. That’s just a ridiculous comment. I hated Lana on Smallville, but she’s just a character, KK is a real person and doesn’t need to watch the series finale to show her ‘appreciation’ or whatever.

Anyway!

Can’t wait to see her new show. It’d be nice seeing her on my TV again.

Rebecca

Posted at 6:11 PM on March 11, 2011

Yeah. I totally respect her for not lying. I knew she wasn’t watching. Just like her other co-stars who have left the show hadn’t watched Smallville in so long. Michael, Annette, and now Kristin.

I’m proud of her for shrugging it off. I don’t see how she’s “up her own ass” either. That’s just a ridiculous comment.

a fan

Posted at 5:46 PM on March 11, 2011

whoaaaa what is wrong with her haters? on the one hand, they say that she has never been an important part of Clark’s life, and she was only a puppy love, a crush in school and that the show is better off without her,,, and on the other hand, they say how can she not watch it when she had a major role in it?

make up your own mind people! she is honest, and she has every right, I mean she did her job, and despite the hate and venom that the other shippers threw her way, despite the way the show producers are trying to ignore like she ever existed in the show, she gave eight years of her life to it and yet, she met every insult with delicacy and elegance and classiness…

show respect people,,, if you think that the show put her on the radar and made her career, she too did contribute a lot, she was the ratings magnet and she gave it so much…! heck she even helped Tom in the first time they shared a rehearsal when he forgot about his lines! what else is she expected to do? geez… get a life haters!

Kate

Posted at 5:34 PM on March 11, 2011

Yeaahh!!!

That’s my girl! I won’t watching either.
I haven’t watched since S8, when Lana e Lex left the show was ruinned, now they ripped Chloe.
The only thing good in this finale will be Michael Rosenbaum.

School boy

Posted at 5:29 PM on March 11, 2011

I’m not suprised.

promi

Posted at 5:21 PM on March 11, 2011

wow uhm…I don’t know how to react!
I honestly thought she’d be watching the show that put her on our radar. I respect her for not lying and taking the easy route, but it’s the finale! The last ever episode. No one would expect her to watch 3 seasons but the bloody finale is important.

Tom

Posted at 5:17 PM on March 11, 2011

She wasn’t even rude. What’s the problem?. Smallville fangirls/boys need to get a grip.

aimar

Posted at 5:11 PM on March 11, 2011

hey, guyz i tink y kristin woundn’t b watchin da seriez finale is bcoz of d meteo rocks in her,cos she dnt want 2 hurt clark, so stick dat 2 ur fuckin brains and let d girl be….

Michael

Posted at 5:06 PM on March 11, 2011

For shame! This show with it’s cast, crew, and fans helped form your career. As a fan of the show I am honestly offended by her cavalier attitude towards the work of her former colleages. Meh……..who needs her if she doesn’t have any more respect than that.

Jr

Posted at 4:55 PM on March 11, 2011

I really think that nobody who left a show and is working in some other things, is going to be watchin the show it left behind… She´s workin and she doesnt have time to watch what she left, If it would be me i´ll do the same. She sayd that she probably see it on dvd later when she have time…

Derrick

Posted at 4:43 PM on March 11, 2011

She’s being honest, not hostile towards the show or fans in any way. Clearly she likes all the people involved and enjoyed acting but did you really expect her to watch the show weekly as it airs?

You all are over sensitive

Lisa

Posted at 4:39 PM on March 11, 2011

I wonder WHY she doesn’t watch the show anymore? I can appreciate her straight-forward honest answer, but it kind of “hurt”, as I have been a die-hard Smallville fan for the whole ten seasons, and am sad to see it go. Why would someone who was such a big part of the show NOT even WANT to watch it anymore??? I mean, if she was going to be fully honest, she might could have given us a real reason as to why she chooses not to watch it anymore. If she didn’t want us in her personal business, then maybe she should have just said something like, I’ll be busy, but I’ll be sure to catch it later on DVR, etc.

S

Posted at 4:34 PM on March 11, 2011

Shows how much she is up her own ass!

WOW

Posted at 3:50 PM on March 11, 2011

Wow. What a middle finger to all her Smallville fans.

Andy

Posted at 4:01 PM on March 11, 2011

I don’t know how I feel. On one hand, it would have been easy for her to just say “of course I will” and be done with it. I kind of respect her for her honesty.