Kristin Kreuk Reveals Why She Won't Be Watching The 'Smallville' Series Finale!

Fri, March 11, 2011 3:09pm EDT by 53 Comments

Plus, she tells us she’s excited to start shooting her new pilot, ’17th Precinct!’

Smallville fans all over the world will be glued to their TVs when the series finale airs this May, but there’s one longtime fan who will sadly have to miss the broadcast: former co-star Kristin Kreuk. “I probably won’t watch it,” she told HollywoodLife.com on March 10 at the 31st Annual Genie Awards. “Maybe later on — like, on DVD or something.”

“I don’t watch the show anymore,” she told us. “I’m super excited for them, and I think they’re amazing, but I’ll probably see it after it airs at some point.”

Loading video...

One thing you CAN count on Kristin being a part of is the pilot 17th Precinct, which Kristin said she’s excited to start filming.

“It’s a quick thing for me,” she told us. “I think Ron Moore is quite brilliant, and I really like what he’s done. The cast is amazing, so I’m excited to be there.”

Click here to follow Andy on Twitter

philip

Posted at 12:48 PM on February 8, 2013

Ithink they can make an cute couple”””””””””””””””””””””””””””” LANA AND CLARK ROCK

mv

Posted at 2:32 AM on April 29, 2011

does anybody actually know how she was treated by the show itself? maybe she was given a hard time by the writers? maybe she wasn`t happy about beign written out or how she was treated by management? unless you are KK you will never know the whole story. maybe the whole thing was a nightmare for her?

as for her saying she dosen`t watch it – it is a free country, and she said she`d prob watch it later on dvd/whatever – so boofrigginhoo to the fans on here, does it mean you have to be beheaded if you don`t watch the show or somethin?

I Dont take sides

Posted at 3:57 PM on August 23, 2011

Exactly:)

Blessing Onovbiona

Posted at 1:27 PM on March 20, 2011

For goodness sake lets not beat ourselves as to whether kristin kreuk or anyone else will be watching smallville finale or not,besides why will she be angry over it, Lana Lang is a character not kristin kreuk,she has played her part and that is it. Besides she would’nt had fit the character .’Lois lane. I think smallville was trying to picture some aspect of superman’s life before metropolis as such Lana Lang part is done and Erica fit the character Lois Lane, Erica is too great for Clark Kent(Tom Welling).. But they make a good couple as Lois Lane and Clark Kent.

Mina

Posted at 8:01 PM on March 18, 2011

Breaking News: There`s a Life outside Smallville lol

AOT, JOHN SCHNEIDER, MR, AM They all didn’t watch the show anymore. @mary_margarette
Chemistry is subjective……hmm, good luck with dating.wink

guess_5896

Posted at 3:06 AM on March 17, 2011

KK is good but at the smallville as Lana Lang her exit wasn’t that good bec. she has superpower which is not fit being as LANA LANG…generally!

mary_margarette

Posted at 8:35 AM on March 16, 2011

erica durance and tom welling is the best couple being as lois and clark….i hope someday they will end up as a real couple like brad pit and angelina jolie….

DUH

Posted at 7:26 AM on July 18, 2011

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW now this is disgusting,,, ED is like his old sister!

gocubs94

Posted at 5:10 PM on June 1, 2013

Tom Welling is actually older than Erica Durance

Sel

Posted at 11:16 PM on March 15, 2011

Well, after watching this interview, I have lost all respect for her. She obviously doesn’t care about the feelings of her fans. She could’ve just said, “Yes, I shall try to watch it since it’s the final show ever and it has made me into what I am today.” Her pause and facial expression were hurtful to fans including myself. It has nothing to do with honesty. It all has to do with her pride. Yes, she owes Smallville and her fans gratitude and humility. People who do not know how to look back at their past will fail miserably.

Anim Manford

Posted at 9:19 PM on March 14, 2011

lana was the perfect woman for clark, but i like lois

david.katongo@yahoo.com

Posted at 10:18 AM on March 14, 2011

please

bill

Posted at 7:26 AM on March 14, 2011

Of course Kristin Kreuk should be back at the finale and of course the chemistry between her and Tom welling was 100% better that Erika and Tom.

john

Posted at 7:32 PM on March 13, 2011

Bitch. The only reason i know her is from watching smallville since she left i never seen her in any trailers on actual good movies coming up.

wow

Posted at 4:58 AM on March 13, 2011

Smallville still on tv?

filmguy

Posted at 1:35 AM on March 13, 2011

Wow for an actress, she wasn’t very good at hiding how she apparently feels about Smallville. She genuinely looked a bit disgusted at the thought of watching the finale. I can’t say I blame her though with how badly they handled her character at certain times during the show.

Adam

Posted at 11:09 PM on March 12, 2011

Noone should have to explain themselves why we won`t watch crapville.

The Truth

Posted at 9:53 PM on March 12, 2011

Kristin kreuk is bigger name than Smallville

Bigjok

Posted at 4:37 PM on March 12, 2011

To be perfectly I loved the show when Lana left. In no way was I disappointed whatsoever. Her story arc had run it’s course and by the end she was intolerable. I’m not having a go kristin as an actress as I loved her in chuck but her storylines were monotonous and quite frankly boring. I love the chemistry with erica durance and Tom welling

Hrimesta

Posted at 11:49 AM on March 12, 2011

hay Lana we going to miss u a lot hope to see in 17th precinct

Peter

Posted at 7:42 AM on March 12, 2011

She doesn’t own them anything, after all that crap they let Lana go through, all that mental and physical abuse I’m glad she gave them the “middle finger” on their precious finale.

I’m a long time fan of Lana Lang and after everything that happened to her on this show how come they didn’t show any sence of justice regarding her character? All Lana did was love the guy, she wanted him to find his own way, to help people and live the way he wanted .. and all she was given in the end were powers with curse. What good is it when when you are equal to one you love but can’t get close to them? And regarding the other possible ends for Lana (finding another guy) wouldn’t they become freaks from K radiation she’s emiting? And I don!t think Lana would do that to anyone.

Okay enough of this chitchat, what totally killed the show for me was losing the sence of justice .. the guy was supposed to be somewhat or at least a little like Superboy and bring justice to people. In the end of her arc he/producers let the ex-leading lady rot and later acted like she never existed at all. And that’s a middle finger to her and old Smallville fans.

So now KK just strikes back and to me it’s justified.

I wish you all the best Kristin with your new show and everything you think you’re missing to make you happy.

angelonearth

Posted at 9:49 AM on March 12, 2011

couldnt have said it better! I whole-heartedly agree with everything you said!

besides, I dont know of any actor or actress who would tune into a show after they end their arc in it, go ask Annette O’Toole and John Schnieder and Michael Rosenbaum about it!

if you accept those’s people honesty, why does it matter when it comes to KK? she did hert job and God she nailed it, she paved the way to millions of people to know that Clark did have once in a lifetime love and a legendary one before he thought of being superman. She is the reason why he did even if the current producers are trying to erase that!

deal with it haters, millions out there despise what this show has turned into, even superman fans.

kenzie

Posted at 5:00 PM on May 30, 2012

well it matters because kk was toms love and she was always in the show. she never let anyone down and she still loved tom even when she found out tht he was an alien she was the thing tht kept tom going then she left and he was soo devestated. he fell for erica because he ddnt have kk anymore so she makes more of a deal than annette john and michael i mean they were important but kk was more important than any of them . she sldnt have left because then they had to make tom look like he was devestated and she made a whole bunch of people mad soo she sld have jus stay for 2 more seasons she wld have lived but i do agree to the whole if she doesnt want to watch she doesnt have to she has a life but she still should have stayed on the show its much more interesting with her on it

Ciera

Posted at 10:11 AM on March 12, 2011

Kristin isn’t REQUIRED to watch Smallville if she’s not a fan. Yeah, she played on the show, but not anymore. Anyone who’s giving her a hard time shouldn’t. Just because Smallville is my favorite show, it doesn’t mean I expect it to be Kristin’s. She probably has better things to do like…act…and go to parties. :-D

LanaLangFan

Posted at 9:37 PM on March 12, 2011

Very WELL-SAID! WORD to everything you put there. KK doesn’t owe anything to anyone. If the other actors like Jonathan Schneider, Annete O’Toole, Michael Rosenbaum, John Glover, or even Allison Mack can get a free pass when they admitted they didn’t watch the show anymore, why wouldn’t KK? Those haters just prove themselves that they have problems with KK as a person and that is sickening. What has KK done to them? Seriously…Those haters should really get a REAL life than just spreading their hate for a person they BARELY know. I stopped watching when Lana was done with SV. With only 2 million viewers average left, the show has proven that it’s NEVER attracting new viewers. It even LOST many loyal fans. What does that tell you? Oh…I love KK’s reaction before she answered the question. PRICELESS!!! LOL. I wish all the BEST for KK. I love her character Lana Lang. She made me fall deeply for her. Lana Lang is the only female character that I find inspiring & enchanting with all her flaws as a human. Her relationship with Clark is the most believable. Their ELECTRIC & SIZZLING chemistry is on my top list of all TV couples I’ve ever seen. Thank you KK for all your dedication, loyalty, and love you’d given to SV & your character. You are the reason why I decided to watch the show. You did an amazing job even with the shitty & crappy writing. For me there’s only one Lana Lang. The one that is brilliantly portrayed by you.

Superdude

Posted at 4:48 PM on March 15, 2011

>> In the end of her arc he/producers let the ex-leading lady rot and later acted like she never existed at all. And that’s a middle finger to her and old Smallville fans.>>

Wow, couldn’t have said it better. I cannot believe how people on the internet make their goal to spread their venom on an actress just because they have a sick agenda against a fictional character. Even writers are spinning around Kristin comments on this article.

Take a look at this and see how her words are twisted to make her look bad:

I’m glad I clicked on the link and read the original interview. Her response was candid and honest, she even said she loves the Smallville crew and that she will eventually watch the show on DVD. This is really a sad word. Kristin was the main reason I watched the show, she was the leading lady and the show lost its heart when she left. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you and 17th Precint, Kristin and will be glued to the TV watching the pilot.

james