Chloë Sevigny Slams 'Sister Wives'! Says They 'Gloss Over' The Tough Stuff!

Fri, March 11, 2011 10:41am EST by 7 Comments

The ‘Big Love’ star doesn’t think TLC’s reality show, ‘Sister Wives’, accurately portrays all the trials and tribulations polygamists face

Chloe Sevigny plays a polygamist on HBO’s hit show, Big Love, and apparently she doesn’t take the issue lightly! “I have a lot to say about it but I never really see people out who are Mormon fundamentalists. If they are, I don’t think they would say they are!” While the star is probably right about that, there is one family who is very open about their arrangement — but the Big Love star told HollywoodLife.com exclusively that she doesn’t endorse the way they flaunt their lifestyle!

“I haven’t seen the show because I don’t have a TV, but I heard a lot about it,” she said at the Target GO International Designer Collective Party on Mar. 10. “I heard that they gloss over things and everything is hunky dory and they don’t really get down and dirty or tell you all the negative aspects [of being a polygamist].”

Do you agree with the star?

Katrina Mitzeliotis

Nan

Posted at 6:40 AM on July 12, 2011

No, I don’t agree with her. She may have played one on T.V. but, come on. Stick to acting and fashion, old girl.

Madison

Posted at 10:13 PM on March 14, 2011

Why is this news? She hasn’t seen it. Sister Wives hardly glosses over anything. She would know that if she watched it.

Carole

Posted at 9:52 PM on March 14, 2011

I love “Big Love” and I really like the character Nikki. But who cares what she thinks. Especially since she does not own a TV. Why even quote someone that has not even seen the show! I am sorry, she looks horrible in that photo too. Whats with her hair?

Ashley

Posted at 3:49 PM on March 14, 2011

Okay, thanks for your comment about something you’ve never actually seen before. Smart of you.

Ashley

Posted at 1:52 PM on March 14, 2011

oops… sorry… haha :)

… I would just hope that if she had to meet someone like Nicolette Grant in real life, that she would be as rude to her and what Nikki would of been.

There :)

Ashley

Posted at 1:50 PM on March 14, 2011

I agree with Lori.
Also…this comment is from an ACTRESS who doesn’t own a T.V? Give me a break. Everything she has ever said about polygamy has never been postive that I have read. I don’t understand why she took the role of Nicolette Grant in the first place. I know it’s “acting”, but still. She apprently would have major issues with the woman she protrayed if she had to meet someone like that in real life. I would just hope that would be rude to her as the woman she protrays would be.

Lori

Posted at 10:40 PM on March 11, 2011

If she hasn’t seen it, then maybe she should not comment on it.